What's new

BlueDigiBerry F2

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
p.s. it would be interesting to see no8 run again in a much 'leaner' soil. The lack of N may improve the structure a little but clearly it will always be an airy-budded lanky freak!

p.p.s. what week are we on now?

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks so much VG for the insights and advice! Much appreciated! #8, since likely to be racy, which I don’t care for, was not kept as a cut. And I’m not really interested in catering to a finicky girl lol. If she does smoke nice, I will then be intrigued to see what the GF x BB male contributed to the gene pool, and likely to pop some seeds sooner than later. I’m guessing and hoping he’d help tame that lanky airy finickiness - control her a bit. And maybe, hopefully, make the soil mix more tolerable - he seemed fine with it. She’s just crazy looking to me - first experience in 20 years with such an outlier!

We’re at week seven.

#2 looks as though she’d be a SoG grower’s type plant. More of a “chemical” and a bit doughy but nothing sweet smell. Doesn’t have the frame I prefer, but I think she’s a pretty girl nonetheless!

#2 day 49:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

:) yep, if memory serves me, I believe I hit up flo mom, bb mom, a f13, and farmers fire. Its time to make some f3's as well. I cant save the males right now, but I will save pollen for future use, if the first crosses come out well.

Now that’s exciting! You’re set for years! :tiphat:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Had to grab some pics tonight because looking at this plant, all I could think was, “Who the fuck are you?” I hardly recognize this as cannabis! I need some help. Is this a genetic freak? Or is it closer to a sativa landrace-type expression? (Thai?)

Either way, I will have some seeds from her (probably no more than 12) — and if she can’t "finish" ('cause what would that even look like?) in 21 days she gets chopped. I can’t help but laugh when looking at this plant. “Where’s the bud?!?”

#8 day 48:

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image
That looks like "Dr grinspoon" or something like that. I Forget the breeder. Maybe Barney's farm ?? They actually sell those lol

Alatrist

It's great to see those extreme sativa phenos popping out some times...

I found a very sativa pheno in chocolate rain (chocolope x cocoa kush), and it was really sweet with that blueberry smell and high...

I think it's good to find such phenos from time to time, as it shows that there is a good part of sativa genetics in it.

In my opinion people don't often find good blueberrys because there has been much breeding done to the indica side, while what makes blueberry so special comes from the sativa side (high and flavor).

Nice plants in this thread! I have 3 packs to pop after the summer, can't wait for them!

Cheers.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
That looks like "Dr grinspoon" or something like that. I Forget the breeder. Maybe Barney's farm ?? They actually sell those lol

Really? LOL. But hey, to each their own. Nothing I’d be interested in spending money on, or growing - I don't think.

It's great to see those extreme sativa phenos popping out some times...

I found a very sativa pheno in chocolate rain (chocolope x cocoa kush), and it was really sweet with that blueberry smell and high...

I think it's good to find such phenos from time to time, as it shows that there is a good part of sativa genetics in it.

In my opinion people don't often find good blueberrys because there has been much breeding done to the indica side, while what makes blueberry so special comes from the sativa side (high and flavor).

Nice plants in this thread! I have 3 packs to pop after the summer, can't wait for them!

Cheers.

These are F2s so I did expect and hoped to find sativa leaning plants. My hope was to find two plants at both ends to chuck pollen on to ending up with seeds that might hold plants with a euphoric couchlock and also a euphoric up effect. I was just shocked to find such an extreme (I like VG’s use of ‘caricature’) sativa plant. It’s a cool and new experience; and the “flowers” are actually taking on a bit more of a “shape” - should be interesting to smoke! And I don’t discount the possibility that she could blow the others out of the water! Real different nose on her...

Will you be popping all three packs at once? Would love to see how you get on with them and what you find. Best of luck!

#3 day 54:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Did notice a few nanners on #3, but doesn't look like anything to worry about.

Miraculous Meds

Really? LOL. But hey, to each their own. Nothing I’d be interested in spending money on, or growing - I don't think.

These are F2s so I did expect and hoped to find sativa leaning plants. My hope was to find two plants at both ends to chuck pollen on to ending up with seeds that might hold plants with a euphoric couchlock and also a euphoric up effect. I was just shocked to find such an extreme (I like VG’s use of ‘caricature’) sativa plant. It’s a cool and new experience; and the “flowers” are actually taking on a bit more of a “shape” - should be interesting to smoke! And I don’t discount the possibility that she could blow the others out of the water! Real different nose on her...

Will you be popping all three packs at once? Would love to see how you get on with them and what you find. Best of luck!

#3 day 54:

View Image View Image View Image View Image

Did notice a few nanners on #3, but doesn't look like anything to worry about.

Oh yeah! Lets get a close up on that frost when you get a chance! Ill have some updates later today or tomorrow bud, nice work. Shes just starting to shine.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Oh yeah! Lets get a close up on that frost when you get a chance! Ill have some updates later today or tomorrow bud, nice work. Shes just starting to shine.

Thanks friend! She's doing the work on her own!

Still learning with the microscope...

As requested:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Looks great MM! Really nice frost already - what day of flowering? Pretty sure I will be taking a couple of mine down this weekend, at 9 weeks. You're rocking 'em!

Miraculous Meds

Looks great MM! Really nice frost already - what day of flowering? Pretty sure I will be taking a couple of mine down this weekend, at 9 weeks. You're rocking 'em!

Thanks bud, not as healthy and beautiful as yours , but I brought these back from the brink of death, so im pretty happy with their recovery.

they are right around 30 days from flip. Made some beans with both phenos too. Did you get pollination on yours? Was it gf x bb pollen? I just soaked 5 of those.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shmavis, both 3 and 2 are looking lovely , 3 particularly looks frosty. Both quite indica but 3 moreso i think.
nanners, yeah the blueberry strains can have late nanners so i would keep an even close eye on them now we are 8 weeks. many look sterile though.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks bud, not as healthy and beautiful as yours , but I brought these back from the brink of death, so im pretty happy with their recovery.

they are right around 30 days from flip. Made some beans with both phenos too. Did you get pollination on yours? Was it gf x bb pollen? I just soaked 5 of those.

:laughing:

I am laughing because of the timing of this. In addition to #8 I also had two others that, for whatever reason, did not do so well - they’re not all healthy and beautiful, yet grown under identical conditions. Plan to get some pics up this weekend. (Will be interesting to see what others think might’ve happened) You had fewer plants than me - all the more reason you should be proud of getting them to recover! :tiphat:

I got some seeds to set with GF x BB pollen. Was worried seeds on #8 would start spilling out so I harvested them last night. Got 22. They’re lighter seeds but have nice dark contrasting stripes. I have made a lot of seeds with this pollen (which could all end up being birdseed) and so far none of the others have had such pronounced stripping. Will have to wait a bit to see what the other BDBs produce. I have cuts of 1,2,3,4,6 & 7. Not sure yet if I will try to reverse #3 or pop the remaining four beans to (hopefully) find males.

shmavis, both 3 and 2 are looking lovely , 3 particularly looks frosty. Both quite indica but 3 moreso i think.
nanners, yeah the blueberry strains can have late nanners so i would keep an even close eye on them now we are 8 weeks. many look sterile though.

Thanks VG! Pretty sure I will be taking #3 and #7 down this weekend. Plan to check trichs Friday night to be sure, and then most likely remove them Sunday for some dark time before chopping. #7 is also throwing some nanners. But I do believe them to be sterile. Pics of #7 coming up...

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
#7 day 60:

#7 day 60:

Biggest plant of the eight. No detectable blueberry notes as of now. More of a rubber smell. Possibly a bit of sour in the background.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Samuel Caldwell

Beauties, Shmavis! Nice work!

No action with my bdb seeds. I've got more so I'll try again later.

On the plus side, one of my old booberry kush seeds from dank frank is growing! I'll update later in his forum.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
#6 day 61:

#6 day 61:

One of the slower, smaller ones. Smells of grape soda. Getting some purpling. Looks to have a ways to go yet. Not as frosty as some others but still a decent level.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Beauties, Shmavis! Nice work!

No action with my bdb seeds. I've got more so I'll try again later.

On the plus side, one of my old booberry kush seeds from dank frank is growing! I'll update later in his forum.

Thanks for the kind words!

That sucks; but at least you have more. Best of luck when you go again!

That’s great! I’ll keep an eye out for that update!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no6 looks pretty damn good for one of the 'lesser' ones shmavis!

no7 looks and sounds like it leans towards the sour bubble. could be potent though.

at some point it would be cool to have a quick sentence on all 8 in one post, to see how many have berry terpenes etc.

cheers

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts