What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Bho Disasters (PLEASE READ!)

North of the boarder is really weak on its propaganda. Your reporters need to spice things up a bit. That article didn't make me want to execute all BHO extractors, what is wrong with you Canucks?

:joint:

Well, we are a little laid back up here and take things pretty easy. Usually it would just be a case of Canada lagging a year or two behind you all, but we've been blowing up houses extracting oil since the early 1980's albeit not with butane, until its recent arrival. Its old hat and old news to us. lol.

blastfrompast

Veteran
We have one every couple years here...Usually the idiots blow the garage door off and send themselves to the burn ward....

And ANYONE who smokes who blasts should leave their F-ing lighters and smokes in the house when extracting outside. Amazing how many smokers will take a ciggie out and spark it up without thinking when they are waiting for the butane to boil off....

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just wanted to let you all know, we've got idiots north of the border too!

BARRIE, Ont. - Police say an explosion and fire at a house in Barrie, Ont., appears to have been the result of a suspected drug making operation in the garage.
Barrie police say three men and a woman were taken to hospital after the explosion Friday night.
A man and woman remain in critical condition, while two men are in stable but serious condition.
Sgt. John Brooks said it's suspected the explosion was caused by marijuana resin being extracted in the garage.
Police issued a news release late Saturday saying they obtained search warrants and would be continuing their investigation, but did not elaborate.
Police say two of the injured were 37 years of age, one was 20 and the other was 24.
Investigators say there were a total of eight children and two other adults in the house. The children ranged from three weeks of 15 years.
They were all removed safely. Five children were treated for minor injuries and either released at the scene or later released from hospital. The children are now in the care of other parents or adult relatives.
The Ontario Fire Marshalls Office is involved in the investigation.

No surprise that idiocy is universal by nationality and race, but as we all know from high school biology and prior personal research, it can be inherited.

Ya'll Canucks did handle it differently than it would have been here in River City USA, where Child Services would now have custody of the children and child endangerment charges would have already been filed.

Perhaps saving them for a later day disaster of their own orchestration, given their genetics, but a good chance that it creates less sociopaths that passing through the child/foster care system!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I have to admit that I had married parents and was a planned baby without any interaction with child services, aside from compulsary public school attendance.....

So 99.9% of my psy·chot·ic tendencies / personality is home grown not government created.....

Just say'n

:joint:

jump /injack

Veteran
When he regained consciousness in the burn ward, looking like a piece of chicken thrown out the back door of a Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise that had been overcooked and unpalatable he was asked by a doctor, “What are your last thoughts just before the explosion?” “I guess it was the look of horror on the faces of my homies when I fired up a blunt as I cooked down the ‘tane’, “ I told the doctor. “Don’t think I’ll ever do that one again”. “How’s my wife, last time I remember seeing her that beautiful long hair of hers was on fire and she was calling me an asshole for some reason.” Got anymore of that morphine Doc.”

If you're not using a closed system by now, knowing that there could be a life changing event coming up in your future, something is wrong with your thinking apparatus maybe.

In pictures found on social media or those distributed by police, it looks a bit like a peanut brittle, a taffy, or some kind of chewy or sticky dessert.
The RCMP say it is often amber-coloured, though its appearance can change depending on how it is produced.
Police say its common street name is shatter.
It's a product that is produced by extracting resins from marijuana — specifically THC, the active ingredient in pot.
As a result, shatter is highly concentrated and police warn that it is very toxic, highly addictive and its strength can catch users off-guard.
Police say that shatter is ingested by heating the substance and then inhaling the smoke.
Shatter has caught the attention of law enforcement on both sides of the border, whether it is being confiscated during busts or being found at the centre of explosions that have occurred during its production.
To date, the RCMP say that no large-scale seizures of shatter have been reported in Ontario.
But police in Stratford, Ont., say they seized some shatter on Tuesday.
While street value estimates vary between police forces, Stratford police say that shatter is selling in the city in the southwest part of the province for $100 a gram.
In a news release, Stratford police asked for the public to report any sightings of "the relatively new drug" that has appeared on its streets.
A quick scroll through social media, however, suggests that shatter isn't exactly unknown to members of the public.
As one teenager tweeted Thursday, police are "like a year behind if they think shatter is a new drug."
But police are not so naive as to think shatter's appearance in Stratford is an isolated occurrence.
"I can guarantee you that if we've seen it in Stratford, other communities in southwestern Ontario have seen it as well," Stratford police Insp. Sam Theocharis told CBC News on Thursday.
Theocharis told CBC News that shatter can contain 70 to 80 per cent THC, which is well above the five to eight per cent of a typical marijuana joint.
In Toronto, police have found small quantities of shatter.
"We have had arrests and our clandestine-lab section has seen production of this," said Const. Victor Kwong, a spokesman for the city's police force.
Last Friday, a fire and explosion occurred at a home in Barrie, Ont., which left two people in critical condition and two others in serious condition.
Barrie police have said they believe the explosion "was due to butane canisters exploding within the garage while marijuana resin was being extracted."
When asked Thursday if this involved the production of shatter, police said they were still investigating.
Booms and busts
South of the border, the sale of shatter and the dangers of its production have been at the centre of news stories for some time.
Last June, police in Port St. Lucie, Fla., raided a suspected "shatter processing house," seizing what they described as "jars" of pot and shatter. A local news station aired footage of a man being led out of the home barefoot and in his boxer shorts, after police had entered wearing protective gear and oxygen tanks.
In September, WPRI reported that a young woman from Rhode Island was arrested, after police reported seizing shatter and the material used to produce it, as well as marijuana. Following the bust in Burrillville, R.I., Col. Stephen Lynch summed up shatter as "marijuana that has been purified into its highest potency."
Earlier this year, police in Jamestown, N.Y., reported seizing nearly a pound of shatter, which they estimated had a street value exceeding $18,000.
The New York Times reported in January that Colorado saw 32 explosions last year that were attributed to THC extraction efforts — such as in the making of shatter, which the newspaper said may also be called earwax or honey oil.
To extract the THC from marijuana, butane fuel is often used, the Times reports, and when fumes build up, a risk of explosion is created.
The RCMP told CBC News that butane is not the only solvent that can be involved in the shatter-production process. Hexane, isopropyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol, or naphtha are also used, they say.
The RCMP says the use of these solvents creates an additional risk to people consuming the shatter that is produced, as they may contain chemicals and carcinogens that are not fully removed from the end product.

HL45

Veteran
I havent seen any press of it but just talked to an old hippie from SF who told me that his 20ish yr old neighbors just blew themselves up making hash in a motel in Oakland or somewhere nearby... Depsite his continuous warnings of the dangers of open blasting they continued to do it. One of them immediately died and his girlfriend is in ICU with 3rd degree burns, not looking like she is gonna make it either.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I havent seen any press of it but just talked to an old hippie from SF who told me that his 20ish yr old neighbors just blew themselves up making hash in a motel in Oakland or somewhere nearby... Depsite his continuous warnings of the dangers of open blasting they continued to do it. One of them immediately died and his girlfriend is in ICU with 3rd degree burns, not looking like she is gonna make it either.

[FONT=&quot]Exploring the bonus years of my life in my 70's, some things appear clearer, than they did in my 20ish years.

The most unexpected, is how delightful and precious the last few years are in retirement, with the only physiological requirement of existence being to tend to my battered main frame and enjoy myself.

The part that is drawn into sharp focus, is the decisions I made and trauma I subjected my main frame to, which now detract from the moment to moment delight of my current existence, with periodic sharp stabbing reminders of my youthful debauchery, as well as day to day issues with artificial joints.

Ignoring the platitude, in truth, many of the spontaneous decisions I made along the way, were based on both ignorance and a shorter life expectancy............

[/FONT]

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/spokane-man-takes-ple

Spokane man takes 5 year plea deal for hash oil explosion

SPOKANE, Wash. -

In court Tuesday Donnivan Whitcher took a plea deal for blowing up a northeast Spokane apartment while processing hash oil last year, a plea deal that will send him to prison for the next five years.

Whitcher said in court he's sorry he hurt anyone; that wasn't his intention. His family said this was the first time he tried to process hash oil, but that attempt is now sending him to prison.

It was just over a year ago that fire ripped through the Centre Court Apartments.

"Almost every day when I walk out I am reminded of that night," neighbor George Samuel said. “It was almost like a flame thrower coming out the door and the smoke was very, very thick."

Samuel was in his apartment on January 27, 2014 when he heard an explosion. He grabbed a fire extinguisher and went outside but the fire had already spread too far.

"I experienced fear and terror for the first time in my life," Samuel said.

What he didn't know at the time was that his next door neighbor – Whitcher – had been making hash oil, a process that uses butane to extract THC from marijuana. Investigators determined that's what caused the fire.

“It wasn't on purpose. He's a good kid, everybody makes mistakes," said Mackenzie Nicole Sailors, Whitcher's sister.

She added he learned how to make hash oil on YouTube and that he hadn't been doing it long. While the defense argued it was an accident the judge disagreed, because Whitcher was committing a criminal act.

“I just wish he would still be here with us and not have to serve five years," Sailors said.

Whitcher pleaded guilty to one count of malicious use of fire to damage interstate property used in commerce and will spend five years in prison and be forced to pay more than $324,000 in damages.

As for Samuel, he said he still lives at Centre Court but said he now suffers from acute anxiety and stress from that night. He's just glad the children living next to him weren't hurt.

“If this event had happened a couple hours later, say at midnight, I think the outcome would have been dramatically different," he said.

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...deral-prison-for-kirkland-hash-oil-explosion/

2 sentenced to federal prison for Kirkland hash-oil explosion
Originally published March 3, 2015 at 3:35 pm
Updated March 3, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Two men are heading to federal prison for causing an explosion and fire at a Kirkland apartment complex while trying to make hash oil from marijuana on New Year's Day 2014.
By Seattle Times Staff
Array

Two men who caused an explosion at a Kirkland apartment complex while trying to make hash oil from marijuana last year were sentenced Tuesday to federal prison terms, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Robby W. Meiser, 46, was sentenced to 30 months in prison and his former roommate, Bruce W. Mark, 62, was sentenced to 18 months, the U.S. Attorrney’s Office said.

U.S. District Judge John C. Coughenour also ordered the men to pay more than $97,000 in restitution for damage to the Inglenook Apartments.

“As more states decriminalize marijuana, people such as these defendants are creating danger as they seek to manufacture a stronger product,” Acting United States Attorney Annette L. Hayes said in a news release.

The two men were using butane to convert marijuana to hash oil in their second-floor apartment at 7216 N.E. 142nd St. when the explosion occurred around 9 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2014.

Meiser and Mark suffered minor to moderate burns on their upper bodies and were transported to Harborview Medical Center, police said.

The blast ignited a fire that one of the occupants put out with a fire extinguisher. The explosion caused nearly $100,000 in damage to their apartment and one below it, police said, and both were condemned by the city’s fire inspector.

The most popular way of making hash oil — a high-potency extract — now involves flammable solvents, particularly butane, which can be bought in hardware stores.

Usually a glass or steel canister is stuffed with dried pot. The canister is then flooded with a solvent such as butane, which strips away the psychotropic plant oils.

The resulting golden-brown goo is then purged of the solvent. Common methods include boiling it off in a hot-water bath.

The danger comes mainly in improper ventilation. Butane is heavier than air and tends to sink and puddle in a closed room. Sparks can cause fires and explosions.

“That is exactly what happened,” Lt. Mike Murray of the Kirkland Police Department said shortly after the blast.

Meiser and Mark pleaded guilty in November to endangering human life while manufacturing controlled substances.

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/2...alleged-marijuana-extraction-sparks-explosion

Teen injured after alleged marijuana extraction sparks explosion

Posted: Mar 02, 2015 4:03 AM PST Updated: Mar 02, 2015 4:03 AM PST
By FOX 10 News Staff

PEORIA, Ariz. - A teenage boy was injured during an explosion at his home after firefighters say he was trying to extract hash oil from marijuana.

The 17-year-old boy reportedly was using butane to try extracting hash oil from marijuana when an explosion and fire began.

A witness, Tristen Glynn, captured video of the flames pouring out the home.

Several people were said to be home at the time, but only the teen boy was hurt.

He is being treated for burns on his hands.

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150320/NEWS/150329821/13748/NEWS

Burned Providence mill building housed illicit drug lab
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — A fire at a manufacturing building on Kinsley and Sims avenues last week may have revealed for the first time here a danger arising around the country in states where marijuana use is now legal.

Fire burns old Providence Wire building

Firefighters worked through the night and into the day to battle a fire at a building on Kinsley Street that sent smoke through much of the city.
Firefighters pour water onto the building early Tuesday morning. — Sandor Bodo/ The Providence Journal
By Tom Mooney
Posted Mar. 20, 2015 at 11:00 am Updated Mar 20, 2015 at 8:01 PM

PROVIDENCE, R.I. — A fire at a manufacturing building at Kinsley and Sims avenues last week may have revealed for the first time here a danger arising around the country in states where marijuana use is now legal.

The city’s acting fire marshal confirmed Friday that officials investigating the cause of the fire are looking closely at an illicit drug lab operating in the largely vacant building that produced a concentrated form of marijuana oil.

The lab apparently used highly flammable butane gas to dissolve away plant material and collect the concentrated resin. But the butane can explode at a relatively low temperature.

Related images
Firefighters douse the center and edges of the site of the fire on Tuesday. Smoke filled nearby buildings and Kinsley Avenue looked more like Kinsley Brook. — The Providence Journal/Bob Thayer
The produced drug is known as butane hash oil or butane honey oil (BHO), which marijuana advocates say is growing in popularity — including at Rhode Island’s three medical-marijuana compassion centers.

”People ask me all the time for BHO,” said Seth Bock, CEO of the Greenleaf Compassionate Care Center, in Portsmouth. “It is a highly concentrated product for break-through pain, but it’s very dangerous to make.”

Bock said his center sells hash oil, produced locally by patients or caregivers licensed in Rhode Island to grow small amounts of marijuana. Occasionally that oil is BHO, he said.

Related content
Investigation of warehouse fire just getting started Massive fire guts 93,000-square-foot warehouse in Providence Fire burns old Providence Wire building
But the bulk of the center’s oil is supposedly made “from non-explosive materials” such as grain alcohol. Bock admits he has no way of knowing for sure: “Which is why the state obviously needs to seriously regulate this industry.”

JoAnne Leppanen, executive director of the Rhode Island Patient Advocacy Coalition, which promotes the medicinal use of marijuana and whose office, at 498 Kinsley Ave., is located at the complex where the fire occurred, agrees.

“If you are going to be making a product with butane, well, it’s a poison. Do you want people ingesting a carcinogen? Do you want people blowing themselves up?”

Leppanen said, “It’s my understanding all three [Rhode Island compassion centers] are selling it. We have a dilemma. We have a medicine that is highly effective for some patients and at the same time we have to find a way to get it to them in a safe manner.”

Leppanen said there was no marijuana stored or produced in the coalition's office.

Fire Capt. Peter McMichael said on Friday that fire investigators are looking at the illegal drug lab as one possible cause of the fire but that no official cause has been released yet.

“This is the first time that we’ve become aware of” this drug-production process in the city, McMichael said. “We haven’t seen this before.”

From Washington, D.C., to Colorado, fires caused by hash oil production are becoming more common as marijuana possession becomes legalized in more states, several publications have reported.

In February 2013 the Federal Emergency Management Agency issued a warning to first responders concerning “Hash Oil Explosions Increasing Across US.”

Directions on how to make BHO are easily attained on the Internet — along with stark warnings of how explosive the process can be if performed incorrectly.

When under pressure, such as in a cigarette lighter, butane remains a liquid. But once released it becomes a gas.

Internet directions for making butane hash oil show pot leaves and stems forced down into a hand-held tube, which is then suspended over a baking dish. The butane is released into the top of the tube. A yellowish resin drains from the tube onto the dish.

To evaporate the butane from the resin, the baking dish is set into a larger dish of heated water. But many directions caution that the concoction is highly unstable at that point and can explode if the water is too hot.

It remains unclear who was operating the drug lab in the Kingsley Avenue building that burned, or for how long.

The fire remains under investigation by the state and city fire marshal’s offices and with investigators from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Capt. McMichael said the federal agency was providing resources such as chemists, engineers and other experts.

[email protected]

A drug being introduced to Canadian streets has an explosive potential — one that police and authorities are worried could cause dangerous consequences for innocent bystanders.
The drug itself is extremely potent, but there is a great deal of concern about the danger of explosions or fires from methods used to convert or “manufacture” marijuana into highly potent concentrates.
The new drug is called “shatter”; it looks like maple syrup or thin toffee on wax paper. But its looks are deceiving. The drug is similar to hash oil, is also known as honey oil or budderand contains a THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) level of up to 80 per cent, which can give hallucinations. Top grade marijuana on the streets usually measures about 20 per cent.
It sells for about $100 a gram and it takes about eight grams of marijuana to make one gram of the concentrate.
Shatter is a hardened extract made from marijuana resin that is processed with highly flammable materials that have caused an untold number of fires in the U.S., where it started making an appearance a couple of years ago. A scan of media reports in the last two years shows incidents mostly reported in parts of California and Colorado. In those two states, it is sometimes processed for legal marijuana dispensaries or for the black market.
One method is butane extraction — an extremely dangerous process because of the highly explosive butane used to extract the THC from the marijuana plant.
The shredded or ground plant materials are stuffed into a pipe made of glass, metal, or plastic. At the other end is a filter which allows the butane to pass through from one end to the other. The butane — a common fuel for cigarette lighters many years ago — is forced through the pipe where it extracts the THC, goes through a filter and into a glass pan or similar vessel.
Related:
'Shatter' drug now on police radar in Ontario
Stratford Police warn of "shatter," a new form of concentrated marijuana
What makes the process even more dangerous is that the extract then has to be “cooked.” The container is put on a heat source to get rid of the butane by converting it into an easily ignited gas vapour. The heat source, or even a spark from a nearby light switch or a cellphone can be enough to cause violent explosions.
“THC extraction labs are being reported nationwide, particularly in the western states and in states where local and state marijuana laws are more relaxed,” The U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency states in a pamphlet for law enforcement officials.
Canadian media reported last week that the drug is now being seen in some communities, like Stratford, Ontario, which issued a warning about it.
Toronto Police Service told Yahoo Canada News that they are also aware of shatter.
“In our experience, it is relatively new to the streets here, and we have encountered it (albeit few) on the drug level, and on the manufacturing level,” Const. Victor Kwong said in an interview.
“The specific dangers with shatter is that a natural plant is mixed with chemical. This provides a health concern. But the bigger danger is the manufacturing process which can be explosive. It not only endangers the manufacturer, but their neighbours as well.”
An RCMP spokesman told Yahoo Canada News that because the drug is so new to Canada, the police force does not have data on shatter nationally. He added that it will likely show up in their data a year from now.
To date, the RCMP say that no large-scale seizures of shatter have been reported, but police in Stratford recently arrested two men for possession of the potent drug, Stratford police Insp. Sam Theocharis told CTV News in Kitchener.
“You don’t need a lot of quantity to get high on this drug,” he said.
Stratford police say they are now on the lookout for the drug and trying to educate parents and students in the area about the dangers of the drug.
Police say in addition to the danger from manufacturing, it is highly addictive and its strength can overwhelm users.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The person writing the article appears ignorant of the truth and has formed a moral judgement, or has a secondary agenda.

The cops continue with their hysteria techniques, which only work with ignorant people, but it has in the past worked very well for them.

Time will show them to be disingenuous when it comes to "Shatter" being the new demon drug, because to educated people the thought is inanely ludicrous, and the plaudit transparent.

Either the people that say and write that stuff are uninformed and stupid, or they have secondary agendas that lead them to act that way.

Alas, the brothers amongst us who continue to blow stuff up, will ostensibly continue to be pariah that bring this public disdain to our camp, cause there is no justifying it, under any circumstances.

Even us'n want them out of the picture, sooo imagine how the ignorant and oft hysterical public feels about them, and us by association!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe we are going about this all wrong. Perhaps we should plan huge inside open extraction events at multiple remote locations and invite all of the boneheads we know to participate.

If we got enough of them together often enough, explosions are inevitable and with them all in the same room, our problems might start to taper off as more take themselves and fellow kindred spirits out en-mass.

We would not have to actually provide the ignition source, just support their every effort to be themselves.

If we did it remotely enough, kept invites special and a deep dark secret, as well as cut a deal with the local Sheriff and DA, we might be able to collect a bounty on their scorched hides at the funeral home, and a percentage of the business we bring to the local burn wards and life flight services.

Consider how much education and political clout such an income source could provide our educational efforts, and how over time fewer boneheads would be born simply as a function of the natural selection created by death and disfigurment?

Maybe we are going about this all wrong. Perhaps we should plan huge inside open extraction events at multiple remote locations and invite all of the boneheads we know to participate.

If we got enough of them together often enough, explosions are inevitable and with them all in the same room, our problems might start to taper off as more take themselves and fellow kindred spirits out en-mass.

We would not have to actually provide the ignition source, just support their every effort to be themselves.

If we did it remotely enough, kept invites special and a deep dark secret, as well as cut a deal with the local Sheriff and DA, we might be able to collect a bounty on their scorched hides at the funeral home, and a percentage of the business we bring to the local burn wards and life flight services.

Consider how much education and political clout such an income source could provide our educational efforts, and how over time fewer boneheads would be born simply as a function of the natural selection created by death and disfigurment?

I'm sure a lot of us are with you GW. Let us know when to start sending out invites!

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/3615233-181/rohnert-park-house-fire-leads

Rohnert Park house fire leads to discovery of hash oil operation, arrest

BY BILL SWINDELL

THE PRESS DEMOCRAT
March 4, 2015, 9:09PM
Order Article Reprint

Sonoma County Arrest Logs

A Rohnert Park man was arrested Wednesday night after his house caught fire, and investigators suspected the blaze was caused by a hash oil operation.

Jody J. Perry, 33, was arrested on complaints of manufacturing of a controlled substance and violation of probation, police said.

Fire crews responded at 4:10 p.m. to calls reporting smoke coming from the roof of a house located at the 400 block of Alta Avenue.

Crews from both the Rohnert Park Police and Fire Services, the Rincon Valley Fire Department and Rancho Adobe arrived to battle the fire, which also caused a power line to fall onto the street. PG&E responded as well.

Firefighters found several butane cannisters in the house along with other unspecified items indicating hash oil manufacturing, police said. Perry suffered a minor injury to his face but declined medical treatment.

Police have not determined the cause of the fire, which resulted in an estimated $100,000 in damages.

Hash oil has been suspected as a cause in other recent fires, including a Santa Rosa home that went up in flames last month amid a series of explosions and a Ukiah shed fire in November that hospitalized two men with burns.

A common way to manufacture hash oil is to pump butane fuel into a tube of marijuana trimmings, resulting in a waxy extract that contains THC, the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis.

jump /injack

Veteran
http://metronews.ca/news/victoria/969736/hash-lab-explodes-on-vancouver-island-three-injured/

Hash lab explodes on Vancouver Island, three injured
By Luke Simcoe Metro
Wikimedia Commons/Vjiced Cannabis resin made using butane.

An illegal marijuana oil operation is to blame for an explosion in Qualicum Beach that sent three men to hospital Wednesday, the RCMP say.

Cpl. Jesse Foreman told Metro News someone in the home’s basement was using butane to extract and produce hashish. The exact cause of the explosion is still under investigation, but it’s believed something ignited the volatile butane fumes.

Two occupants were taken to hospital in Victoria, and are in “very serious condition,” Foreman said. A third man is in hospital in Nanaimo with less severe burns.
Related:

Although it’s the first time Oceanside RCMP have encountered the process, butane hash manufacturing has been linked to a number of explosions in the U.S., including three last year in California. Numerous guides on how to make so-called “butane honey oil” are also available on YouTube, including some showing how dangerous it can be.

http://www.king5.com/search/butane /

Lot more butane explosions at the above URL, some never made the newspapers.

Last edited:

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/martin-county-man-facing-federal-charges-in-butane/nkQH2/

Townhome explosion brings drug charges for Lake Park man
5:53 p.m. Friday, March 6, 2015 | Filed in: News

FORT PIERCE — A 31-year-old Palm Beach County man is facing federal charges for his alleged role in operating a butane hash oil laboratory that made a Stuart townhome explode in late December, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said Friday.

Daniel Paul Vranich, a Lake Park resident who has been living in Martin County, was taken into custody Thursday night to face charges that include manufacturing and possession with intent to manufacture, distribute and dispense a controlled substance.
Townhome explosion brings drug charges for Lake Park man photo
Vranich

He is also accused of endangering human life while illegally manufacturing a controlled substance.

Vranich, who lists poker player as his occupation, was living with his girlfriend in a Stuart townhome that exploded the morning of Dec. 30 as a result of butane hash oil being manufactured, authorities said.

Vranich made his initial appearance in federal court Friday before U.S. Magistrate Frank J. Lynch Jr. He was deemed a flight risk and a danger to the community. He is being held pending a detention hearing on March 13, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said. An arraignment is scheduled for March 20.

He faces up to five years in prison if convicted on the manufacturing and possession charge, and up to 10 years if convicted on the endangerment charge.

On the morning of Dec. 30, police were called to the Villa Bella Central Park townhouses, on Central Parkway northwest of Monterey Road and Kanner Highway, and discovered a fire caused by butane that is used to extract oils from marijuana.

According to prosecutors, Vranich and his girlfriend had been living in the apartment during the previous year with their twin baby girls.

At the time, police also arrested Anna Rae Kellogg, 21, on charges related to the incident.