What's new

Best Sour Diesel from seed?

Kijell

Wow very nice collection of pictures! Karma got that magic!

I am still looking for good feminized seed versions of Sour Diesel.
Trying out El Chapo (Sour Diesel IBL Rezdog 2005 x Headbanger) right now.
Both seeds popped and very healthy in first weeks.

Will post pictures in flowering! :)

mexweed

Veteran
fwiw on the site that lists genetic lineages for many strains, it has the sour in Top Dawg's sour 91 labeled AJ cut, it does not have a name associated with the sour in sour 2018

midwestkid

Veteran
Has anyone determined if diesel reacts poorly being directly under the light? I have taco leafs and I'm wondering if anyone has noted if she prefers to be off to the side?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone determined if diesel reacts poorly being directly under the light? I have taco leafs and I'm wondering if anyone has noted if she prefers to be off to the side?

Not in my experience. How close are your hoods?

lLucky

The "real" cut I had was somewhat sensitive to just about everything, not TOO close to he light, not too much nutes or over watering, you had to grow her JUST right to get the full potential, was not the most forgiving if you messed up compared to other strains especially if you are already in flowering.

In general I find certain more sativa dominant plants do better without the light hitting them being too intense, if your light is going through a cooled hood with a glass barrier in between that seems to help a bit vs. an open hanging light

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not super close. Over a foot away. Just trying to troubleshoot the taco leaf. Thought I'd inquire about light sensitivity

Vented hoods? Open hoods? What size bulbs? One foot is not that far. Even w 315s i keep them @ 18inches

hodowca

Veteran
I recommend the Top dawg Sour bx3 is actually the closest to the original, all these pseudo sour d from karmaG are fake and not powerful enough. The real ex-SourD should have that super vigor to grow and the best sativa high, but him definitely lacks that (in all his versions of bx2 bx3 bx4 etc ...). gives the indica sleepy high ...

some old sour pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

my 5 cent: people who think karma's sd are good are xxxxxx.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stdane

I've had the Sour Diesel in 2008 thanks a good friend from Ireland. It was the "Riri cut" and it was outstanding in all departements and the only thing I've seen come close is the Sour Diesel Bx2 by Karma Genetics,but then again Karma's SD is based on Rez SD, where the Riri cut also come from. Pic courtesey of KG Beans

Attachments

• FBSatFull3 09 23 12
    FBSatFull3 09 23 12
    162.5 KB · Views: 123

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some posts in here couldn't be father from the truth. Karma's Gear is pretty much my go to when I need stable breeding stock to look through. I used his A5hbx in some projests that produced some of the best sours I've ever had. Ive bought his gear and hes sent killer care packages. Those posts are not the karma I know. If you need a solid sour his SDbx2 is where you want to look.

Last edited:

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some posts in here couldn't be father from the truth. Karma's Gear is pretty much my go to when I need stable breeding stock to look through. I used his A5hbx in some protests that produced some of the best sours I've ever had. Ive bought his gear and hes sent killer care packages. Those posts are not the karma I know. If you need a solid sour his SDbx2 is where you want to look.

^^^^ :tiphat:
Same here,care package of the SD bx2 ,I haven't popped the Sowahh(bx4) yet ,but if I find more girls as good as my keeper from the bx2 I will be a happy camper.

And Karma told me not to worry about doing a grow thread 'They a Gift' he said......who else does that shit.
I rate my bx2 better than the ECSD,easier to grow,and not a finicky bitch.
:tiphat:

farm3r

^^^^ :tiphat:
Same here,care package of the SD bx2 ,I haven't popped the Sowahh(bx4) yet ,but if I find more girls as good as my keeper from the bx2 I will be a happy camper.

And Karma told me not to worry about doing a grow thread 'They a Gift' he said......who else does that shit.
I rate my bx2 better than the ECSD,easier to grow,and not a finicky bitch.
:tiphat:

Easy for you guys to say regarding SD bx, but these seeds are impossible to buy as they are out of stock everywhere withing a couple of hours of release.

@Karma, if you read this, common please do a big release of your Sour Diesel BX so people in Canada/America can get some.

elanius

Veteran
Karma SDbx2 was the biggest surprise of the year, when I grew them out. I wanted them just to pollinate the ECSD clone, and the seedline turned out to be better, fantastic nld type high with great potency and mouth coating flavor. Some phenotypic variation in Bx2, but real gems to be found. There was a sour, herbal metallic smelling og dominant pheno that had some of the best effects I have ever experienced. Karma is, without a doubt, top seed seller and his support and integrity is hard to match.

LordOfTheNugZ7

Easy for you guys to say regarding SD bx, but these seeds are impossible to buy as they are out of stock everywhere withing a couple of hours of release.

@Karma, if you read this, common please do a big release of your Sour Diesel BX so people in Canada/America can get some.

From talking w Karma on IG, he said that the SD doesn't put out very much viable pollen so each release of his SD BX's is always limited by that factor. Otherwise, I am sure he'd be happy to supply as much as he could considering they sell out so quickly. Especially considering that his other stock is good too and sells well, but not nearly as fast as those Sowahh's.

I was lucky enough to snag 2 packs of the latest Sowahh's dropped on the Tude- but they were sold out within an hour from dropping.

Good luck!:tiphat:

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

ya man i'm in same boat.
I have lots of karma gear and have been a tester in the past and would love nothing more to be able to buy a couple packs of the sour and not just crosses. Buying from overseas ain't happening though so until some banks like james bean and glg get some attention in the drops I'll just check in here to see what everyone has growing

I;m puffin a big bat of some 3 month cured Old Grandpa Scratch, just popped another pack of Headbanger and have a garden full of biker kush and OGS f2 so I am certainly not hard done by !!
:dance013: :dance013: :smoke out:

LordOfTheNugZ7

ya man i'm in same boat.
I have lots of karma gear and have been a tester in the past and would love nothing more to be able to buy a couple packs of the sour and not just crosses. Buying from overseas ain't happening though so until some banks like james bean and glg get some attention in the drops I'll just check in here to see what everyone has growing

I;m puffin a big bat of some 3 month cured Old Grandpa Scratch, just popped another pack of Headbanger and have a garden full of biker kush and OGS f2 so I am certainly not hard done by !!
:dance013: :dance013: :smoke out:

He was using Speakeasy but a pretty large batch of the BX2's got "lost" in transit... Now Speakeasy isnt going to be carrying Karma anymore. Lotta churn in the rumor mill about that bag of beans and who "misplaced" it.

I just used the Tude when they dropped- it's overseas but they were fast to get here.

hodowca

Veteran
I used his A5hbx in some projests that produced some of the best sours I've ever had.

so A5 haze give you the best "sour" ?! WTF?????

There was a sour, herbal metallic smelling og dominant pheno that had some of the best effects I have ever experienced

OG dominat ?! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

You guys probably have no idea what you're talking about, and it's kind of funny talking about diesel ...

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so A5 haze give you the best "sour" ?! WTF?????

OG dominat ?! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

You guys probably have no idea what you're talking about, and it's kind of funny talking about diesel ...

Adding in the a5 hazebx changed the terps drastically. It called breeding for traits look it up champ. Looks like you dont know what A5hbx even is.