What's new

Best Sour Diesel from seed?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope it was in regards to NE posts about large numbers getting run. For me Quoting a post is done for posts farther up. I missed it by 1 I didn't want to edit.

Its just a fact those of us with limited space work harder when we cant run 100's of plants all at the same time. It doesn't mean we are not producing quality. It just takes us longer to find breeding materiel. At least for me it does.

CaptainDankness

You're too late, theirs already a few doing that with all of the latest cuts. Its quicker for those that have the space to run large amounts of plants. Not everyone can do that. Those with limited space are working harder to get to their end results.

Yeah, I imagine they're charging far less than $20 all over California. They just try to rape us east siders on some sites. Lol, some want hundreds of dollars for clones even seen some trying to get thousands but there are a few people who charge like $50.

I'm sure I can make space for 100 mother's easy enough, but that would be a little sketchy except in Maine where 99 plants is only a misdemeanor. Need to look for houses that need a lot of work, I'm still kind of poor. Lol

eyesdownchronic

Nope it was in regards to NE posts about large numbers getting run. For me Quoting a post is done for posts farther up. I missed it by 1 I didn't want to edit.

Its just a fact those of us with limited space work harder when we cant run 100's of plants all at the same time. It doesn't mean we are not producing quality. It just takes us longer to find breeding materiel. At least for me it does.
ope, sorry bout that. :tiphat:

Sunshineinabag

hahahahahahahaha......theres cuts of Rez's original sour mother up on craigslist for $70

If we go halfs on this venture.....$35 each we can start a clone Co.

Captain Dankness of New England.....lmao

Irrational and childish
Not everyone sells this plant for profit

Sunshineinabag

A commen sense approach is like nails on a chalk board to obnoxious,arrogant and pretentious know it alls

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
sour diesel threads are always heated. I dont doubt karma genetics produce quality beans. but I have two points. first: new keepers. dont compare new keepers with cut which is around like 25 years and is proved, you cant compare it with some new plant from seed you have less than 1 or 2 years. it is not comparable. new can look better but only time will tell if it is really true. give it few years please. also original ecsd cut is tired, so these new cuts from seeds can appear to be better, let run your original ecsd cut through tissue culture and then compare it with new cut side by side - only reasonable comparison - didn't see anything like that, just lot of talks and quickly made statements based on recent impressions. second: Karma himself said his cut is more gassy than fuely. these are details noticeable only to true sour lovers. but difference is there. simply sour diesel ibl plants are little bit different, naturally, than original cut.// for example Riri cut comes also from sour diesel ibl. it is around like 10 years or more and I like it, but I am very reluctant to call it sour diesel. it seems to me, it is not. thanks.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
People balk at 150 for seed, but are willing to pay 10gr for smoke when they're out. Lol

True story....I see people pay upwards of 400 for an ounce at dispensaries.
I guess that's where the old saying 'pennywise & dollar foolish' walks in.
But hey whatever makes them happy.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Never meant to imply otherwise.
Most of us are space deprived for large scale selections all at once.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
True story....I see people pay upwards of 400 for an ounce at dispensaries.
I guess that's where the old saying 'pennywise & dollar foolish' walks in.

u gotta be speaking of me... last year in san diego, i bought an eighth for 80 bucks...PLUS TAX... i said to the cute budtender, this better be ass-kickin... it was good, but no better then the shit we grow... spending big $$$ doesn't mean better... shit the best weed we ever grew was from a buck or two seed of jock horror from nirvana.... that weed was ass-kickin...

FiftySeeds

Karma's SDBX4 is the closet commercial line to the SD "riri" i've grown based on terpens (not ready yet)
In 2010 I think , I've tried Sour diesel from Reserva Priviada reg to find a nice outcrosser male for my own SD "riri" BX lines , this RP seeds were for from the Sowahs quality and resin. They were told very close to the original , but I still don't know the original ^^ ; Now I start over with theses new males , doing the job more proprely cause my seeds are almost dead.

Now the downwards with Sowah are that you can find some little balls in earl flo and most of all, they were expensive (and rare ans I see).Let us backcross it with the best clones we have , and spread SD ibl seeds ;) .

Also Karma stated that they are good for cross breeding , inviting us to do the same . Have fun everyone.

hodowca

Veteran
sour diesel threads are always heated. I dont doubt karma genetics produce quality beans. but I have two points. first: new keepers. dont compare new keepers with cut which is around like 25 years and is proved, you cant compare it with some new plant from seed you have less than 1 or 2 years. it is not comparable. new can look better but only time will tell if it is really true. give it few years please. also original ecsd cut is tired, so these new cuts from seeds can appear to be better, let run your original ecsd cut through tissue culture and then compare it with new cut side by side - only reasonable comparison - didn't see anything like that, just lot of talks and quickly made statements based on recent impressions. second: Karma himself said his cut is more gassy than fuely. these are details noticeable only to true sour lovers. but difference is there. simply sour diesel ibl plants are little bit different, naturally, than original cut.// for example Riri cut comes also from sour diesel ibl. it is around like 10 years or more and I like it, but I am very reluctant to call it sour diesel. it seems to me, it is not. thanks.

I agree 100% with You. I also wonder why the sdbx2 which is so so great has not won any cannabis cup?! the answer is simple: the high is just average and there is nothing to admire ,and I'm not talking about its appearance because it looks very nice. None of you will tell me that it is good because you say that ,so must be good. for me is not. remembering the dope diesel high of the old days, this one dont give me this kind of quality of high what i looking for ,and i was thinking i find him. That's all and that's my opinion. and of course some people continue to amazing with him, you have the right to do so. time will tell ...

Burt

Veteran
Don’t get even me started-lol
What a plant and the good news is she
is circulating now more than ever before
When grown right and the terps fully expressed with a proper cure, the experience is hard to beat and the taste is phenomenal.
Her terp profile and bulbous bracts are fairly dominant in crosses too and I especially like her crosses back to ghanis.
Someone has done a SD X CHEM 91 cross already and that is the cross to pick thru and back cross over the SD.
Should only take a 16 months of your limited time and devotion to F3

FiftySeeds

I agree 100% with You. I also wonder why the sdbx2 which is so so great has not won any cannabis cup?!

This one is the worst argument... But we can believe that you and Maha share the same knowledge about the Original Sour Diesel. It must a stellar plant to be so different to the SD ibls which are already impressive. If you both have access to real thing please bring seeds to the people ( and I'm sure you already do ;) .

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree 100% with You. I also wonder why the sdbx2 which is so so great has not won any cannabis cup?! the answer is simple: the high is just average and there is nothing to admire ,and I'm not talking about its appearance because it looks very nice. None of you will tell me that it is good because you say that ,so must be good. for me is not. remembering the dope diesel high of the old days, this one dont give me this kind of quality of high what i looking for ,and i was thinking i find him. That's all and that's my opinion. and of course some people continue to amazing with him, you have the right to do so. time will tell ...

IMO cup contests are not the best way to choose quality. Lots of us have excellent quality plants but have never entered cups. There mostly money-driven events. Ea of us judges quality a bit differently. People that grew up in the '60-'70s can judge that wide range of genetic experiences from then to now better IMO. If someone doesn't know then from now judging that seems moot.?. Quality is so subjective. I'm pretty sure what I like won't be what others like all the time. Growing happy/healthy plants makes a huge difference in how good it will be.

Bnyest

I recommend the Top dawg Sour bx3 is actually the closest to the original, all these pseudo sour d from karmaG are fake and not powerful enough. The real ex-SourD should have that super vigor to grow and the best sativa high, but him definitely lacks that (in all his versions of bx2 bx3 bx4 etc ...). gives the indica sleepy high ...

my 5 cent: people who think karma's sd are good are idiots

Which old SD cut you talking about? What cuts do you hold or tried? Chacko, Aj's, Albany? I hope at least you are in US being sd expert lol.
You just called a bunch of people that like something you dont idiots :covereyes:ja pierdole

Bmac1

Veteran
I dont get how people get so bent out of shape over this type of thing but it happens all too often. What a person likes about taste, aroma, high etc is so subjective from person to person. Find something you like, grow it, love it, share it.

I know that there are the legit diesels out there for comparison sake but it makes me think of the unicorn that is apparently RKS. Maybe it isn't being found because while everyone is waxing nostalgic about her that the memories and the stories are subject to hyperbole. I would think that some people could smoke the exact same plant and say it didn't stack up just because the memory has become so exaggerated at this point that it doesn't line up with reality.

hodowca

Veteran
Which old SD cut you talking about? What cuts do you hold or tried? Chacko, Aj's, Albany? I hope at least you are in US being sd expert lol.
You just called a bunch of people that like something you dont idiots :covereyes:ja pierdole

none of those mentioned by you. the clone I am talking about was signed "ECSD" and it was from the east coast states. It was around 2003 or later .some time later it was used to create ECSD x NYCD seeds and they were the best seeds I have ever had. I haven't found anything so fucking awesome until today .and certainly not in karma sd. if you also think that the karma sd is similar, you are also an idiot .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts