What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nordie

hey ozzie gorilla bubble, is tough. I haven't tried outside but amongst some inside that got some rot the g.bubble did not.
picture.php

ozzieAI

Veteran
good to know...i got gorilla glue (fake) going and it is getting picked today due to mould...it still has weeks to go...very similar structure to your pics...

cheers

Sticky Sat

Glad you saved some Budsnblunts, i hope you'll find a nice spot... :)
Nice bud Pumpkin... :)
Looking very good Nordie... :)
Hey Ozzie, i'm sorry you lost so much to the mold and rip offs... After the rain we had the past year, i'm almost losing hope to find a mold resistant one... My old O still does well enough but i'm more and more suspecting it could be the TMV that keeps the mold away... i'd be glad to share the seeds if they weren't carrying the TMV... This virus is the kind of thing that totally change a grower's life, for the worst... There's definitely a before and an after TMV... And once it's around, it doesn't stop to cannabis but affects almost every vegetable and fruit trees... Last time i checked it had more than 800 hosts...

Pumpkin

Veteran
Yeah, shame about the rot. I'm harvesting early due to it as well. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up, but I am trying. Some stuff is close to done, other stuff is not. The weather is improved this week, so maybe it will slow it down anyway. But we have more rain forecast on the weekend. It is what it is... I should still do okay though.

ozzieAI

Veteran
you were unlucky to get rain this time of year pump...me, i get this every year, even when my plants are undercover. the humidity makes it impossible to avoid mould unless i use try and use less 'friendly' chemicals that i am not prepared to do...

rip offs haven't happened for a long time now..touch wood...

hosts...hosts...i am surround by hosts of undesirable pests...i got root aphids, russet mites, spider mites...and the list goes on and on...neem applied systemically through veg keeps most of the buggers away.....and a spray early flower then some spinosad up to week 4 or so....

but TMV...no way...that shit stinks...sorry...

Sticky Sat

Hey Pumpkin, imho a bit early is always better than moldy, and i had very pleasant surprises with early buds lately... The super uplifting high was actually more to my liking than when riper... Only thing missing were some terps but these are also affected by rain and mold anyway... ;)

Hey Ozzie, from everything your describe i'd almost think you live next door, or rather next swampy mold pile... :laughing:

Nobody thinking straight wants to mess with tmv... it's the reason i never offered to share my seeds with anybody... Before legalization began in the US, i remember reading that after the cops, tmv was a grower's worst nightmare, and it's exactly what it is... A few other viruses have also appeared these last years, and they're not exactly grower friendly either...
We can only try and do our best... :)

Brother Nature

Damn, you guys have me paranoid about mold myself now, still looking like I've got a couple weeks to go. Sorry to hear all the sad news though :( at least some is better than none.(?) TMV sucks man, worked in a glass house that got an infection some years back, 36,000 plants all buggered and we couldn't work for a week after the fumigation. I unknowingly spread it to my tent at the time as well, not a good time.

budsnblunts

Veteran
I noticed the few seed plants grown this year out performed the clones 10 fold in height yield and mold resistance. I think it's to-do with the air flow up higher and it not really happening from a ground up to about a metre and a half. Made a bunch of seeds mixed of the strains I do have. Keep a close eye brother nature, even on my less dense plants I've been finding spots here and there. Good luck pumpkin. Not long now. Keep safe everyone.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I noticed the few seed plants grown this year out performed the clones 10 fold in height yield and mold resistance. I think it's to-do with the air flow up higher and it not really happening from a ground up to about a metre and a half. Made a bunch of seeds mixed of the strains I do have. Keep a close eye brother nature, even on my less dense plants I've been finding spots here and there. Good luck pumpkin. Not long now. Keep safe everyone.
ive noted seed plants seem stronger in general to cuttings also buds ,
despite any pruning or what ever to avoid problems , they are more likely on cuttings it seems ,
perhaps its just me , but im glad to hear youve noted it also ..

im checking these spears a few times a day just to be sure at the moment , i cut two plants out already due to spots of mold ,
better to get them out and increase the airflow than leave them and increase the mold issues i figure ,
hopefully it has helped ...

picture.php

Pumpkin

Veteran
That is so beautiful Donald. I was wondering how you were getting along with mould. Do you wet trim? Or do you hang whole plants? If it takes me too long to get my plants down, I may need to figure a way to hang them outdoors. I have very little help, because I thought it would be latter, so it's just two of us.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
cheers guys,

hey pumpkin ,

i hang branches of the larger plants ,
just split them into 4 or 6 parts ,
in the shed with a fan on where its nice and warm and dry ,

i have trimmed wet ,

but having to go back a second time to clean it up bugged me a bit,
so i do it just once when its dry ...

Pumpkin

Veteran
Thanks Donald. I have an electric trimmer that does wet okay. But even with two of us we only take a plant a day. So a month for harvest might not out compete the mould. I think we will do what we can wet while it is manageable, then when it is not, I can string my house with fencing wire and dry trim later. We live in a home 4x7 meters, so it is not going to give us much wiggle room :D

Pumpkin

Veteran
We have a 3x3 meter shed with no power as well. We can only run a fan when the generator is on with either.

Pumpkin

Veteran
I was thinking tarping the grow site and hanging under a tarp. I have a gas heater that I could put there also. I'm totally out of money which makes it tricky also.

Status
Not open for further replies.