What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Might have to buy a leaf blower today. Seems like there is no end in sight for me. I sprayed Regalia at 4am this morning, Figured it's better off them wet with that, than just water, but not sure it will do a whole lot of good.

My girlfriend says "Look how pretty the mountains are with all the clouds"... Then wonders why I am so grumpy :D

Things dry out for you yet Donald?
not yet pumpkin ,
im in the mountains covered in those clouds unfortunately ,, lol ..

Sticky Sat

Raining here too, goes without saying... ;) And so steaming hot at the same time... Wish the bad weather would be busy enough here to leave you guys alone...

Pumpkin

Veteran
A break from the rain after a good blow job!

IMG_20190320_135647.jpg

Nordie: I been blowing the water off my plants and picking out mould. (Not too much so far, 1/4 oz). I have to do the same for my hair occasionally too! :tiphat:

budsnblunts

Veteran
Any update bludsandblunts on your rot?

Hey pumpkin. I chopped all the tops. Still had a little to go. The rot was going from bad to worse... here's hoping the bottoms will mature out. I didn't grab any pictures... was a pretty depressive vibe at the time. I will take some pictures when dry. Some really nice smelly crystal covered stuff.. yield has been affected heavily but overall I am pretty happy.. take what I can get and try again next year.. my fingers are crossed for you man.

Pumpkin

Veteran
I totally understand that desperate vibe. I went out with my leaf blower again, and then it rains again. I'm like "fuck man....I can't even do anything!". The only control you really have outdoors is the climate you choose to grow in I guess. But with the lessons we learn this time, I'm sure we will be better prepared next time. Since I started flower I've been spraying a preventative fungaside once a week, I suggest you do the same next year. I feel it has helped me, but to be honest I have no idea, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured. (Not my phrase, but so true). Prepare for the worst :) So sorry to hear you had you harvest your tops early. It sucks hard. I always feel I plant with a perfect grow yeild estimate at the start of the season, and the season slowly bashes my estimates down. That's the farming life I guess. I normally guess half my perfect grow as a yeild, then I had 20 unexpected males, then the threat of mould, so I am going to be lucky even to hit 50 percent. Maybe I should expect 25 percent and just plant more :D

Pumpkin

Veteran
When it does work out it's fucking amazing though, and the only way we get there is through perseverance and patience. If you don't have both of those, ya better get a job :D

Pumpkin

Veteran
I think gardening is a series of failures and success. I've had my fair share of both, sometimes my fault, and sometimes not. But just gotta keep trying to improve I guess. And if ya love it, you can only improve through continued failure :D

Dr Watt

Who What
Watt I've Grown

Watt I've Grown

This woke me up and ...... I want to meet her

Here's some PPP completed box B (55dys 63dys) with a sunlight from box A and the next crop on the Tray with Peyote Criticalx4 PPPx3. Pine smell is very likeable - my Peyote Crit has four phenos :

1. Massive as described - some pine smell, big, but still lightweight @ 4.5wks
2. Similar to massive but normal size and very Pine - best early weight and resin
3. Sativa - thin stretchy light coloured - less early resin and no pine
4. Sativa pheno look but shorter and more indica - early resin but no pine.

55dys

9wks

9wks bathroom 1wk

4.5wks just starting

Pumpkin

Veteran
We had about 110mm of rain. I picked about an LB due to mould starting. Anywhere I saw mould i would just lop the whole bud and bag it. Had my moonshine handy to steralise my scissors. I think we are over the worst of the weather. Will be picking anything due to mould early, and hope the rest can brave the weather. We still have some rain forecast, but it is on the improve (1-5mm shit). Only maybe 3 percent of what I picked early was mould, but better off taking the branch than be sorry I figured. I think I will have a progressive harvest rather than an early one. I think the leaf blower was a really good investment. Check for mould, cut it, bag it, blow the plant dry. Going to be a daily routine. The pistals are turning red early cause of the rain I think. Still a good few weeks till maturity. Just hope the weather holds :)

Pumpkin

Veteran
_20190322_234949.jpg

Better to take that mould early is my theory. It's not something I have had to deal with a lot in my previous climates. But I figure if the spores get out of control, there would be little you can do. I'm sure those in wet environments have better tips. I'm from the desert last year. Stick sat and Donald probably put up with this shit all the time. It's all new to me. The only rot I've ever had before is due to catippillars. Cabbage moths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts