What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i think teddy is taking a short break sticky ,
he said rain was on the way too last i spoke to him ,
timing it nicely with the flowering in full swing now he said ,
that darn rain hey ,
its like maturing cannabis plants attract the stuff ,, lol ...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I'm in a weird space between panicking and relaxing. I'm not sure which path is right. I'm assuming a paced early harvest will be fine. I feel like I'm ahead of the mould so far. But it is possible. It's a new problem for me, I might find a bit of rot in dence buds after harvest, but hardly ever. I try to cut down rot now as soon as i can see it. Some plants are still 100 percent fine. Confusing :)

I've seen 9 foot plants with cotton ball sized mold on the main colas, right beside 9 foot plants that had no mold whatsoever.
Not even a trace deep inside a cured bud...

I'm convinced it has everything to do with genetics...
Even sister plants from the same batch of seeds can do this...
You just have to weed out the ones with mold and don't use the seeds from them ever...

Sticky Sat

i think teddy is taking a short break sticky ,
he said rain was on the way too last i spoke to him ,
timing it nicely with the flowering in full swing now he said ,
that darn rain hey ,
its like maturing cannabis plants attract the stuff ,, lol ...

Thanks Wally... :)

And yes, i've more than once wondered about rain's "perfect" timing... Seems like ripening plants and still fragile sprouts are the most powerful rain's magnets ever... ;) Could explain why it never stops falling here... ;)

Hey Bud Green, i had the same experience... Would help if scientists could identify the mold resistance gene(s) and let us know what strains are most likely to have it... :) But, as you pointed out, there's often differences between the same strain's phenos...

Last edited:

Pumpkin

Veteran
Rod58, I done a fair bit of indoors. So can offer you advice if you decide to go that way. I only ever did one room with 5 600w lights, but would get over an lb a light pretty easy. My first grow was indoors. Got no power here, so it is not an option now. I didn't want to run more than 5 just cause I paid for power. Was scared it would look weird if I did more, and I thought it was too small a village to cut the power. The most important thing with indoors is timing. If you are always flowering, you will do well. If you are vegging in your flower room, you will be waiting too long between paydays. 103?.. Really, you should be dead dude.

Sat: Being weak is part of being a man :D I never had anyone say they would be proud for me to vouch for them haha.

Sorry if I type too much... Sometimes I get carried away :) Not even sure what I wrote last time. Was pretty wasted

We got a heap of buds down today, they are hanging outside. Going to try buy some tarps tomorrow. We have rain in the afternoon. I'll try to take a photo tomorrow if I get time.

Pumpkin

Veteran
I know nothing about mould, but from my early observations it doesn't seem to travel (that) far. If you had enough space between your plants, regardless of genetics, i think you would see some infected and some not. Just a guess though, I really know fuck all about it :D I see ot getting passed on from neighbouring plants that are infected though, but only where they overlap. I think good plant spacing could help a fair bit.

Pumpkin

Veteran
IMG_20190328_214402.jpg

:laughing:

Sticky Sat

Sat: Being weak is part of being a man :D

Afraid it's the bigger part in my case... :laughing:

Very nice bud man.. :)

Sorry to be a bit gloomy but a search party with a chopper arrived on the island this morning... it already passed 3 times close enough but their angle of vision was closed by bushes... should actually put the girls under trees for a few days (they usually stay 3 to 4) but it's the sunniest one in weeks... Maybe the reason why they came today too... this is so tiring and ridiculous... i wish they'd leave us alone and focus on meths...

Last edited:

Sticky Sat

No worries mate, all fine here... :)
My wife saw the chopper at the airport so it means they'll be here tomorrow... Can't wait for them to leave... :)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
No worries mate, all fine here... :)
My wife saw the chopper at the airport so it means they'll be here tomorrow... Can't wait for them to leave... :)
i wish they would stop harrassing you guys too sticky ,
its just plain stupid given the current state of cannabis in america in so many states ,

and the view of it around the world ,
and yet there they are still hunting down cannabis growers on some islands miles from anywhere like they are some disease that needs to be eradicated,
doing more harm they any good they could ever do ,
full on wankers i reckon ....

Pumpkin

Veteran
Did I ever tell you guys the story when I bought shoes off a drug dealer?

Well I don't know what he laced them with, but I've been tripping all day :D

Pumpkin

Veteran
Have you ever considered a greenhouse sticky sat? You can keep it dry and can't see shit through mine. Cost me $300 on ebay, 3x6 meters. The fabric is poor quality, and you may need to replace it every now and then, but the frame is pretty decent. I drove 4 star pickets in to secure it.

Sticky Sat

i wish they would stop harrassing you guys too sticky ,
its just plain stupid given the current state of cannabis in america in so many states ,

and the view of it around the world ,
and yet there they are still hunting down cannabis growers on some islands miles from anywhere like they are some disease that needs to be eradicated,
doing more harm they any good they could ever do ,
full on wankers i reckon ....

Hey Wally, it's a shame really... but they can't stop us growing... :)

Hey Pumpkin, unfortunately, greenhouses are the first things choppers aim for... Even tarp covered frames attract them as the cops found out lately that growers hide plants under when they hear the rotor's noise...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Not sure you guys are talking about the same bust ,
i saw the one i think your talking about nordie,

darn nice set up ,, one long grow tunnel full of what looked like seedlings to transplant out maybe ,
and a bunch of maturing plants with bamboo stakes ,
is that the one ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts