What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

NzGreenWhanau

Sounds Delicious ive not come across any blueberry before. Ive just recently received a home made strain that has blueberry bubblegum an a thai cross. Ive germinated 30of them to see if there are any keepers in the mix. They have been a few weird mutations in the progeny. Have you had anything like that in your experience? Some have whorlled growth. One has three cotyledon leaves an one has offset lateral growth so the second node hasnt got two lateral leaves just one!! I was thinking it may be just a bad batch as the ones outdoors havent had these issues

budsnblunts

Veteran
Sounds Delicious ive not come across any blueberry before. Ive just recently received a home made strain that has blueberry bubblegum an a thai cross. Ive germinated 30of them to see if there are any keepers in the mix. They have been a few weird mutations in the progeny. Have you had anything like that in your experience? Some have whorlled growth. One has three cotyledon leaves an one has offset lateral growth so the second node hasnt got two lateral leaves just one!! I was thinking it may be just a bad batch as the ones outdoors havent had these issues

Nah I haven't found anything like that but I am working with two mums that are now about 5 years old. .. I seen your thread, interested to see what happens. I have just crossed some plants myself. I have a male blueberry gum that I crossed to both the purple and citrus phenos. Another on an affie island have which is a large yielder. Following your thread .

Mimpi Manis

I came across a strange anomonly today. A male plant I have been keeping as part of a small breeding venture seems to have produced some seed pods. It never showed any hermie characteristics whatever as far as I could tell. Its been a full on male right through it's flowering. I've never seen anything like it in all my 40 years of growing. Its a cross of Strawberry Haze and Super Blue Dream. Am assuming the seeds will all be male offspring? Anyone else ever come across this? Lj

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I came across a strange anomonly today. A male plant I have been keeping as part of a small breeding venture seems to have produced some seed pods. It never showed any hermie characteristics whatever as far as I could tell. Its been a full on male right through it's flowering. I've never seen anything like it in all my 40 years of growing. Its a cross of Strawberry Haze and Super Blue Dream. Am assuming the seeds will all be male offspring? Anyone else ever come across this? Lj
yea ive seen it a few times lj,
the seeds arent just male either ,
theres girls in there ,, unsure if they are hermie or not ,
i didnt grow them out fully ....

T

Teddybrae

Yeah ... three cotyledon leaves. As far as I know your seeds must have been genetically modified somewhere along the line. In the 70's seed that sprouted three sometimes four cotyledons had been treated with Colcisine. (I 'm not sure I spelled that right. Anyway it's a deadly poison from Autumn Crocus.) You'd know wouldn't you, Wal?

NzGreenWhanau

Thats really interesting.found a few threads relating to what you mentioned previously. Who would of thought!!!!. It only seems to be few that have it. Ill take some pics of the abnormal seedings an put them on here

Last edited:

Mimpi Manis

Thanks for the input. Might pop a few next season just to get a bead on the process. Never had a single hermie issue on my 40 year old heirloom of Sumatran origins. Keeping them going sometimes resulted in the odd banana (which I welcomed) but thats about it. Have some of the pollen on the hermie stored for possible imminent use, but have some reservations now. The F1 male comes from stellar strains of quite nice phenos. Any views about the wison of using it?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Yeah ... three cotyledon leaves. As far as I know your seeds must have been genetically modified somewhere along the line. In the 70's seed that sprouted three sometimes four cotyledons had been treated with Colcisine. (I 'm not sure I spelled that right. Anyway it's a deadly poison from Autumn Crocus.) You'd know wouldn't you, Wal?
i think they are just traits in cannabis those things ,
nothing to do with any previous treatment from a chemical imo ,
things like trifoliates , fasciated stems etc ,
they are nothing new ....

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

G `day TB

Urban rumour bro .
If all the great weed was polyploided by colchicine why aren`t we discussing the tech today ?

The guy who discovered it was actually trying to reduce THC in hemp !
His tests were to see how many tiny aquatic creatures it could kill .
No relationship between polyploid and high potency has been proven .

There is a thread here with lots of polyploid experiments . Nothing re high potency was revealed .

Colchicine is in the Krokus plant . Also in gout medicine .

I have come across several people who tried to convince me about colchicine and super plants over the last 30 odd years .I am Yet to see the finished product ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Thanks for the input. Might pop a few next season just to get a bead on the process. Never had a single hermie issue on my 40 year old heirloom of Sumatran origins. Keeping them going sometimes resulted in the odd banana (which I welcomed) but thats about it. Have some of the pollen on the hermie stored for possible imminent use, but have some reservations now. The F1 male comes from stellar strains of quite nice phenos. Any views about the wison of using it?

G `day LJ

Its a male herm .
Look up the Sengbusch Hemp scale . << Link .
Shows the variations of hermaphrodites . Some female with limited male parts . Some both male and female together in the one node . Some males with pistils .

Are female but express degrees of maleness .

You have a male expressing plant with female intersex .
If you breed with it you take a chance it passes it to the following generations .

This where males in Fem plants come in I think . The plant has the potential to express as a herm or even a male in the right circumstances . When inbred the genetic lottery means it can show male looking plants with female DNA .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Brother Nature

I quite like this photo, figure I'd share :D

Unknown Sativa (Day 30 @ 11/13):
picture.php

NzGreenWhanau

Ive partaking in a lot herb. But hand on my heart ive never tried a true cannabis sativa. One day when its legal mayhaps. Fingers crossed

Last edited:

Brother Nature

Thanks mate, it's a CREE CXB3590 COB led mounted to a heat sink and driver, runs about 50w I think.

NZgreen, not sure it's a 100% sativa, but is very lanky and has thin narrow leaves, I'd say it's mostly sativa but have no idea for sure.

insomniac_AU

I quite like this photo, figure I'd share :D

Unknown Sativa (Day 30 @ 11/13):
View Image
Looks great BN. What size tent is that?

Ive partaking in a lot herb. But hand on my heart ive never tried a true cannabis sativa. One day when its legal mayhaps. Fingers crossed
Me either mate. I think it's a sad consequence of living in the south of Australia/NZ where it's illegal. Everything is grown indoors and no one wants to wait 3 months+ for a flower cycle. I intend to get into growing some Sativas when I move and have a suitable safe place to do it. For now it's hybrids and Indicas. I need these anyway for my insomnia but I'd love to have some real Sativas too.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
nice plants guys ,
only a few weeks of drooling before u can try them ,, lol ..

not a great shot really , the sun is so bright after the afternoon/evening storms ,
but heres them sour zamals , with a mh x zamaldelica at the end ,
the zamal forest ,, lol ...

picture.php

insomniac_AU

ACIC wastewater analysis

ACIC wastewater analysis

Really nice people! I can see you all live in regional areas like me which aligns with the ACICs findings that Cannabis use is double in regional areas compared with city areas. I don't agree with Chief Executive Michael Phelan's statement "It is astounding that Australians waste over $9.3 billion a year on drugs,”“This is money people could be spending on legitimate goods for themselves and their families.”
We aren't spending any money Mike we grow our own. :)

https://www.news.com.au/national/cr...s/news-story/7c76a4b159fb201d464a68811e53f4fe

The sixth report of its kind has shown that Australians spent about $9.3 billion last year on illicit drugs.
The commission estimates more than 9.6 tonnes of methylamphetamine was consumed in Australia in the year to August 2018, along with four tonnes of cocaine, 1.1 tonnes of MDMA, and more than 700 kilograms of heroin.
Cocaine and meth consumption was up in the second year of the testing program, with cocaine use rivalling that of meth in both Sydney and regional NSW. Everywhere else, the scale of cocaine use in Australia remained well below that of meth.
Consumption of prescription drugs fentanyl and oxycodone were also on the rise, particularly in Tasmania.
The two drugs, which have addictive qualities, have been blamed for a rise in fatal overdoses in the United States.
“It is alarming,” commission chief executive Michael Phelan told Nine Network on Wednesday.
“But what we are seeing in Australia is different to the United States and the other parts of the world.
“We believe the substances are diverted from the illicit market rather than imported from overseas.”
Mr Phelan said the “silver lining” in the report was a drop in fentanyl use in regional areas.
There has also been a drop in the use of the party drug MDMA — which has been linked to the recent deaths of five young people at NSW musical festivals — as well as heroin.
The report also looked at cannabis consumption and while reliable dose figures were not available for each state, it found regional Australia used it at double the rate of city dwellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts