What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimpi Manis

That 'sativa' you're growing might not be what you think it is. A recent genetic analysis in Canada has opened up a Pandora's Box. Turns out that Durban Poison is actually completey indica in genetic make up. Some of the well known strains we are familair with apparent sativa dominance are actually indica dominent. The blue and red block graph is very telling indeed. Guess what... all that Jamaican sativa ganja? Indica! You can see the full article here. Check out that graph: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/articleid=10.1371/journal.pone.0133292

Utube clip related to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMYqLb-iOJU

Lj.

budsnblunts

Veteran
So far I've had two fly overs whilst in the patches. First was a helicopter. Don't know how high/low the pricks was. The second time was a plane and boy that thing was low, felt the rumbling of the engines. The plants are still there a few days later. I moved all my gear out of the area... There is a little airport a few k'so away from me that do take of and landing trainings and also "touch and go" trainings. Been looking for any info on how these wankers go around spotting but there isn't much information out there. I have my mind made up that they will be sprayed/taken this year, that way if they don't I will be very happy lol. Keep safe fullas.

T

Teddybrae

Hello down there. I suppose it's raining? Well it's NOT here!

It sure is scary when an aerial machine flies over. Ask Sticky Sat! But the lower the plane the less s/he can see.

The helicopter ... ? How much is it worth to bust you? How much would the team of Coppers cost compared to the value (for the coppers) of your crop? Probably there's not a lot of incentive there for them unless you've put in a big one and haven't told us (your Mates)!!!

But it sounds like you've done the right thing re removing evidence etc. Are there other grows in the area? Is it a popular area with growers?

Keep us informed ... cheers from a bigger island.

So far I've had two fly overs whilst in the patches. First was a helicopter. Don't know how high/low the pricks was. The second time was a plane and boy that thing was low, felt the rumbling of the engines. The plants are still there a few days later. I moved all my gear out of the area... There is a little airport a few k'so away from me that do take of and landing trainings and also "touch and go" trainings. Been looking for any info on how these wankers go around spotting but there isn't much information out there. I have my mind made up that they will be sprayed/taken this year, that way if they don't I will be very happy lol. Keep safe fullas.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
pretty hard to see them from the air id imagine buds ,
i had planes fly over my patch ,, close enough for me to dive into the bushes ,,, and he never saw a thing ,, too low ,, too fast , you dont see the ground very clearly if at all ...

i went up in a helicopter to see what you could see ,
not much where my garden was ,, too undulating and too many trees , would have to almost be stationary to see ,
hopefully your safe where you are too ...

looks like a lot of bush around so fingers crossed ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
they look pretty cool from a drone though i reckon ...

picture.php

rod58

many years ago bud when i was still farming i borrowed my neighbors
, and good mate , plane , a 172 cessna and tried to see if i could find my patch ! even though i knew exactly where it was and i throttled right back over the area i still couldn't see it .
it was a patch with 10 or 12 good sized plants in it and no big over hanging trees there to completely hide them .
i think if i had tried coming in at different angles to them then just maybe it would have been different , so unless someone had prior knowledge of the exact location then its just a chance encounter .
a helicopter would be another outcome i guess but in a plane at very low speed your still doing say 70 knts and there's a lot to see even at that speed . stay safe though mate ..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Lovely plants! Great job. :tiphat:
I've been thinking of getting a drone. How much was yours? I know nothing about them. Do they come with the camera?
cheers man ,
mine was about $1500 ,
but im sure there are plenty similar that are cheaper ,
it came with a camera onboard ...

budsnblunts

Veteran
Lovely garden wal... and wow insomniac.. they look delicious. Thanks for the support fullas does out the mind at ease a little.
Here's how the inside ones are going. Nearly at 6 weeks. What she your fullas thoughts on flushing in soil? I don't know if I'll go one week or two. Or not at all.
picture.php

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
that does look mighty nice insomniac,
easy trim ,, just how we all like ..

considered whipper snipping before the pic teddy ,
those chooks need talking too , sposed to be their job to keep those weeds down ... lol ..

insomniac_AU

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)
Your garden looks great BnB. As far as flushing goes in soil I'm no expert. I flush for at least 2 weeks but I grow hydro. The BR in the photo didn't have 2 weeks this time because I have around 2 weeks to go on the other plants. I'd probably stop feeding them now but you know your strains best. :tiphat:

Dr Watt

Who What
Fuzzy Logik

Fuzzy Logik

Just to update. My FINAL STRATEGY has evolved ........ :witch:

Now, I added lots of N, but my pH went down to 5, ups then downs with 900ppm exrez, so WHAT DID I DO, after losing 10 days ? :thinking: :dunno:

H20 - 10litres

Ep - 20g

CaliMagic - 10ml

Grow - 5/5ml

Bloom - 15/5ml to 145/6.15

REZ CHANGE :dance r:

Who :smoky: What

Dr Watt

ps 4xseedpeyotecriticalinRWok

NzGreenWhanau

Beautiful garden.

Beautiful garden.

Lovely garden wal... and wow insomniac.. they look delicious. Thanks for the support fullas does out the mind at ease a little.
Here's how the inside ones are going. Nearly at 6 weeks. What she your fullas thoughts on flushing in soil? I don't know if I'll go one week or two. Or not at all.
View Image
View Image
I was just wondering what is the strain your growing in this pic, excuse me if you have mentioned it before. Very nice colours.no doubt they reek of goodness.

budsnblunts

Veteran
I was just wondering what is the strain your growing in this pic, excuse me if you have mentioned it before. Very nice colours.no doubt they reek of goodness.

Hey nz green these are two phenos of blue berry gum. One I call purple another citrus. The citrus is like lemon with big long buds, where the purple yields fuck all but beautiful smoke like grapes.. there are also two sh x gg things in there.
Ted I was just flushing more for the colour change that gets induced in the last week or two. I don't understand how flushing benefits the plant in soil when the leaves hold so much nutrients as is... thanks everyone. Keep safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts