What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

budsnblunts

Veteran
32 is aok teddy ,
its when its above 36 it starts getting uncomfortable i reckon ,

anyhow no chance of that here the last few days ,
cool , wet and miserable here ...

bloody rain , been going non stop for 48 hrs now ....

How do those sativas lIke all that rain wal?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
How do those sativas lIke all that rain wal?
mostly hybrids outdoors at the moment buds ,
and yep i checked them , they are fine ,
despite already being in flower ,

the day before i did clear all weeds around them ,
their skirts have been lifted to provide good airflow ,
and ive kept up the caterpillar spray ,
they are pretty healthy ,

so unless it goes longer than a week , they will be fine ,

dont thnk they would want too many more weather events like this though ...

i have a few in green houses just in case buds ....

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yep certainly getting some rain ,
and the worst is yet to come apparently ..

picture.php

T

Teddybrae

Wal ... your picture ... how many tons of topsoil per acre is going down the Gorge?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Wal ... your picture ... how many tons of topsoil per acre is going down the Gorge?
probably a fair bit teddy ,
looks like mostly that red soil too ,, lol ..

the view we get off the range approaching the coast of a few shades of blue ocean , will now be just a red/brown colour

the water from my place goes in another direction down the coast a fair bit further ...

T

Teddybrae

Y’know it’s funny what goes on in our heads. Memory-wise I mean.

Wal has posted the picture of the Barron River Gorge in full flood and the tons of soil the water is carrying is clear to see. This water and the soil in Wal’s picture has reminded me of a conversation I overheard one day while I was people-watching on the Cairns foreshore.

Some of you may not know the Cairns foreshore. It is a carefully tended ten acres or so of grass with a boardwalk that separates the grass from the sand for two three city blocks.

Walking on the Cairns foreshore presents the tourist with two views. One view is of the many cultures that mix and stroll about in Cairns. And the other view is of Trinity Bay. It’s blue water stretches south and east from the City and on the far side, the Bay’s glistening water is fringed by the Rainforest near the Indigenous Community of Yarrabah.
So here I am sitting on a bench and there are people all round. I ‘m doing nothing but I ‘m having a ball! There’s so much to … not only see … like that Chick in bikinis … but there are also multiple conversations in multiple languages to listen to.

One of the conversations attracts me and I sneak a look to see who’s talking. There’s a female Aussie and a Canadian (I guessed) bloke. She’s giving him a bit of a tourist lecture and he’s paying her all of his attention. She’s small, he’s big. He doesn’t want to miss a bit of what she’s got to offer so he’s bending forward to be more on a level with her. Body language? He’s attracted!

Now I look at the Sheila and she is not dressed in the height of fashion. Clean, yeah. But dull one piece clothing. Like she wouldn’t stand out in a crowd.
I look at her body and she carries no weight. She’s got no tits either and her chest is smooth like her breasts are bound. I began to think this woman was a child mother. Maybe more than once.

Her complexion is passable but her look is sad really. Taking these things into consideration and thinking once more of her weight I start thinking Smack. Not Ice. She was calm. Centred. And then it dawned on me. She’s a prostitute meeting her mark!

The Guy looks like Goofy now. He’s not quite drooling but he’s lost to everything except her and the things she’s saying. He’s leaning so far forward now … almost into her personal space … that he might fall over if there’s a gust of wind.

He says: “Beautiful! But where’s the beach? Where’s the sand?” She says: “I don’t know.”

And Smartarse Big Ears here, standing 4 meters away, butts in saying: “It’s all the soil and mud washed down over the years from the Tablelands.”

He blinks. Becomes conscious of all around him again. Looks to find where the new voice came from. She looks at me too and says: “Oh. Like he just said.” And then to the Guy: “C’mon, let’s go this way.”

And they disappeared into the crowd.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Actually before they cut the rainforest down ,
the soil in there was brown , 2 metres thick of brown topsoil/mulch ,

with no forest , that quickly disappeared in the first good wet season ,
so what we see now is like the sub soil ,

in places its over 100 ft deep ....

the first crops here broke all records , quadrupled some ,
the folks thought it was so good u never had to do anything ,
and they didnt for many years until they were left with baron soil with very little life in it , and not much would grow ,
poor buggers had to learn how to actually farm ,, lol ...

Sticky Sat

A few colors from Monsoon island... :)

Nothing special but not too bad considering they had 6 weeks of heavy rain, and hardly one of almost decent weather to somewhat recover...
Feeling like a dwarf in a land of giants but our days are so short that plants bloom as soon as they're left out... ;-)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A great week end to all ! :tiphat:

Attachments

• O bud, 01-19.jpg
    O bud, 01-19.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 17
  • bango 75, 01-19.jpg
    bango 75, 01-19.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 16
  • O, 01-19.jpg
    O, 01-19.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 16

NzGreenWhanau

Just a quick change of topic. Ive started some seeds in water soaked for a day then transplated straight into coco an perlite which had been soaked with water too. Week later they start sprouting. Three days in each one that has popped up has looked the stem has been plucked off an the tops are still okay. Ive taken the coco out of the container an checked for insects the roots are looking all good nice an white with lots of little shoots coming out of them. I dont think its dampening off but its got me stumped. Any ideas

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
A few colors from Monsoon island... :)

Nothing special but not too bad considering they had 6 weeks of heavy rain, and hardly one of almost decent weather to somewhat recover...
Feeling like a dwarf in a land of giants but our days are so short that plants bloom as soon as they're left out... ;-)

View Image

View Image

View Image

A great week end to all ! :tiphat:
im always impressed when i see your flower ss ,
knowing what the plants go through in your climate ,
they are as much champions as you are obviously a very competent grower ,
hats off man ...

budsnblunts

Veteran
Just a quick change of topic. Ive started some seeds in water soaked for a day then transplated straight into coco an perlite which had been soaked with water too. Week later they start sprouting. Three days in each one that has popped up has looked the stem has been plucked off an the tops are still okay. Ive taken the coco out of the container an checked for insects the roots are looking all good nice an white with lots of little shoots coming out of them. I dont think its dampening off but its got me stumped. Any ideas
What do you mean by stems have been plucked but tops okay? You're saying there are only tops with no stem to attack get it to the roots? Or the other way round? Top been pinched with just a stem left?

Sticky Sat

im always impressed when i see your flower ss ,
knowing what the plants go through in your climate ,
they are as much champions as you are obviously a very competent grower ,
hats off man ...

Many thanks for the kind words Wally :)
Actually, i only shot pics of recovering plants but other less resistant crosses were devastated by the rains and too depressing to show...
It was pure luck to find the mold resistant O, and it seems that despite the endless rains our island's microclimate boosts the resin production and shortens the flowering time by 7 to 10 days... :)

T

Teddybrae

Well I don't know how you do it either. I have never had heads like that and there's not even a monsoon on my island!

Many thanks for the kind words Wally :)
Actually, i only shot pics of recovering plants but other less resistant crosses were devastated by the rains and too depressing to show...
It was pure luck to find the mold resistant O, and it seems that despite the endless rains our island's microclimate boosts the resin production and shortens the flowering time by 7 to 10 days... :)

rod58

do u get the pale headed ones there rod? ,
they look more like a budgie ,, lol ...

i'm not all that familiar with the SW parrots donald , 28's and the corellas are pretty well dominating the area nowadays . a few lorikeets are still around as are the black cockatoos and they're all plum eating bastards ...lol

Sticky Sat

i'm not all that familiar with the SW parrots donald , 28's and the corellas are pretty well dominating the area nowadays . a few lorikeets are still around as are the black cockatoos and they're all plum eating bastards ...lol

Hey Rod ! :) I'm afraid i'd be a plum eating bastard too if i was a bird... ;)
For now i guess i'm just a potential plum eating frog...:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.