What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniac_AU

Nice looking setup. I can't believe you're not using a scrubber. It must get funky in there toward the end of flower. I run a scrubber at the top of my tent attached directly to the inlet of my extraction fan. It means all odours have to exit through the scrubber due to the negative pressure even with the leaks in the tent.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey brother. You are probably just seeing regular stretch of the unknown strain... I am running three strains atm. One stretches about 2 feet during the first three weeks. .. keeping the light on top really helps. I have had to run my fan during lights off as well to drop humidity. But no heat issues with the growing side as far as I can see. Same goes with you looking great man.

Brother Nature

Hey brother. You are probably just seeing regular stretch of the unknown strain... I am running three strains atm. One stretches about 2 feet during the first three weeks. .. keeping the light on top really helps. I have had to run my fan during lights off as well to drop humidity. But no heat issues with the growing side as far as I can see. Same goes with you looking great man.

Thanks mate. Yeah, it's now day 15 so it should slow down a bit, I've increased the power to my Delta server fan that serves as air circulation, it's a powerful little thing too lol. While flushing the medium last night noticed my extraction fan's output has slipped a bit and was being partially blocked, so I reset it up and moved it up a good 15cm right to the top of the tent so now the air flows much better and there's more room up top too. If worse comes to worse, the stems are still fairly pliable so I can tie them down a bit if it comes to that. At least the stretch means there's likely a good bit of sativa in the strain. Your grows are looking good too mate, hope all else is well.

Nice looking setup. I can't believe you're not using a scrubber. It must get funky in there toward the end of flower. I run a scrubber at the top of my tent attached directly to the inlet of my extraction fan. It means all odours have to exit through the scrubber due to the negative pressure even with the leaks in the tent.

Yeah, I've definitely got the scrubber and will be attaching it as she is starting to get a bit stinky, a little pinch of the tops reveals an interesting spicy chocolaty smell, which I'm digging so far. The fan/filter setup you've described is preferable to what I've got going now and I will likely replace the quiet fan with a more powerful one so I can draw all the air through the scrubber, not sure if the current fan even produces enough pressure to push through a filter efficiently. Just gotta find the funds to do so, then it's on. Thanks for your advice and your grow is very inspiring man. :tiphat:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Thought id see if the rain was due to stop yet ,
we had some pretty heavy stuff last night ,
and its about as wet as it can get outside ,
even had the fire going to keep the moisture out of the house ,

anyhow it was a bit depressing to read the report .. lol ..

The monsoon trough may move slowly northwards during the weekend and into Monday, though some uncertainty persists with its movement. Very heavy falls are possible near and south of the monsoon trough between about Cairns and Bowen well into next week, with a significant risk of dangerous flash flooding and continued major river flooding. Rain areas and thunderstorms with heavy falls are also possible over much of the remainder of northern Queensland and parts of the central interior due to the monsoon. A tropical low lies on the monsoon trough over northwest Queensland and is expected to deepen over the weekend, increasing the monsoonal flow across northern Queensland.

T

Teddybrae

What can be said, Wal? Nature has decided. How ironic that up North is soaked while in the South East a dropped match would start a holocaust.
Perseverance furthers!

The monsoon trough may move slowly northwards during the weekend and into Monday, though some uncertainty persists with its movement. Very heavy falls are possible near and south of the monsoon trough between about Cairns and Bowen well into next week, with a significant risk of dangerous flash flooding and continued major river flooding. Rain areas and thunderstorms with heavy falls are also possible over much of the remainder of northern Queensland and parts of the central interior due to the monsoon. A tropical low lies on the monsoon trough over northwest Queensland and is expected to deepen over the weekend, increasing the monsoonal flow across northern Queensland.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Droughts and flooding rains , so it goes teddy ,
where i am it all flows into the ocean too ,
be better if it went the other way and gave some water to the dry places ...

insomniac_AU

Yeah, I've definitely got the scrubber and will be attaching it as she is starting to get a bit stinky, a little pinch of the tops reveals an interesting spicy chocolaty smell, which I'm digging so far. The fan/filter setup you've described is preferable to what I've got going now and I will likely replace the quiet fan with a more powerful one so I can draw all the air through the scrubber, not sure if the current fan even produces enough pressure to push through a filter efficiently. Just gotta find the funds to do so, then it's on. Thanks for your advice and your grow is very inspiring man. :tiphat:
Thanks mate shucks. I don't consider myself an expert by any means just learnt by trial and error. I'm using a CANfilter at the moment I think which seems to work well.

Sticky Sat

Let's hope it will drain the skies out of water and allow the sun to shine from now on to harvest time... Bad here too. Not as heavy and there's breaks in the rain but the sun never shows up... Sure sucks but i'm used to it. Well, kind of... ;)
Feeling more sorry for you guys as your plants are too beautiful to deserve this. I'm sure mother nature will think the same... :)

wazzer

Thanks insomniac,

I'm pretty much in the same situation, our a/c is at the other side of the house too. I'm going to have to add a carbon filter soon as well and because of the setup with the quiet fan it'll be pushing air into it, my plan is to add another 100mm inline fan at the end of the ducting attached to the filter to at least increase the air pressure. Temps are supposed to be dropping somewhat soon so I'll just cross my finger till then lol. It does seem to be fine when the outdoor temps are about or below 30. I've looked at the a/c units and the good ones are well out of my budget and the small ones seem to be evaporative which would add to the humidity. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get a stronger fan, which would help adding a bit of room for more stretching and hopefully a good temp decrease.

The salt build up actually seems rather manageable at the moment, a good flush followed by a lowered dose of nutes should bring things back to normal, she isn't looking sick yet so that's a plus. I'll get someone to take me to the hydro shop too and grab some drip clean, just in case. Anyways, thanks for the help guys, here's some photos, cause everyone likes photos. :D

Whole tent:

View Image

Tops:
View Image
Hey bro ro straight flush is not good for the medium it’s got no ec so no stable ph you either go straight tap water or 50/50 tap/ro
If your letting your pots dry out to much in between feeds or at 1.8 for a few weeks with out flush could do it as well or like you said your temps have gone up so the plants are drinking more water than ec low humidity as for set your set up your limited
If your temp is already high outside fans won’t bring it down inside different strokes
For different folks.

rod58

i love this time of year , a few " hairs " pushing out and a feeling of expectation .
the first one is a cross i made last year and so far i'm very happy with the result . she's g13 hashplant crossed with syrius mayhem .
consists of a bit of sour bubble as well .
the last few weeks i've seen a fair bit of rampant growth and a lot of stem thickening so hopefully the buds will be as round as a thermos ..lol
picture.php
picture.php

rod58

and this one will be a keeper , g13xhashplant , though i haven't a male of this strain so it'll be crossed with one of doggies gg#4 x sb ,. or syrius mayhem as it is now .
picture.php

ozzieAI

Veteran

well wal...considering you got way more than me and still have more to go i really wish you the best...and i really, really hope you get those plants through...do that and you are my HERO...i am picking mould and spraying neem, but at this humidity level very little survives here...

finally nearly a whole day without rain...still haven't seen the sun for days now and like you we are in for much more in the foreseeable future...spent the day clearing drains and throwing rocks into holes to try and slow down the erosion...

if it keeps like this i will get flooded for a day or two at least...will get more supplies tomorrow and fill another jerry can just in case

saving up to do a major reno this year before my abode implodes then going to go off grid will be the next goal....

loving the plant pics rod...looking good mate...very good...

good to see you posting sticky...

not just soaked ted...friggin wet is what it is....500 mm in 5 days...lucky we are built for it up this way...

rod58

yeah thanks ozzie . how different it is for us all ..
you guys , wal , sticky and yourself ozzie plus several more who have to deal with all that rain and the associated humidity ,..and the resultant outcome of it all ..i can't even imagine that !
then there's us , who , this time of year would appreciate even a heavy dew !
but 500ml mate , thats a bit greedy ..lol

ozzieAI

Veteran
just watched the current BOM satellite pics....no wonder i have that webbing growing between my toes...i is going to need it...

hey Wal, how much you had so far? hope you got floaties ready????

Sticky Sat

i love this time of year , a few " hairs " pushing out and a feeling of expectation .
the first one is a cross i made last year and so far i'm very happy with the result . she's g13 hashplant crossed with syrius mayhem .
consists of a bit of sour bubble as well .
the last few weeks i've seen a fair bit of rampant growth and a lot of stem thickening so hopefully the buds will be as round as a thermos ..lol
View Image View Image

Very nice plants and picture Rod ! Makes me dream to see your sky man.... :) Looks like a super sticky "thermos trees" harvest is on its way... ;)

Unfortunately ran out of reps after just 5 or 6 and had the same "problem" (or even no rep at all) the whole week.... Well, at least you have the sun, and it's way better ! ;)

A great week end to all :tiphat:

Sticky Sat

just watched the current BOM satellite pics....no wonder i have that webbing growing between my toes...i is going to need it...

Hope the weather will soon gets better for you guys... Growing fins and scales here... Hardest trick is to dodge the seagulls... ;)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

unsure of any totals , i failed to measure ,
but its so sloshy out there , the ground could just about slide off the bedrock i reckon ,
when u think it might ease up ,
it gets worse ,,,

ive had to start considering i may loose some plants , the ones in flower now , its only early flower , but unless we get sun , they wont be much to rave about , and most likely succumb to mold eventually ,

they can usually handle a bit of wet , but this continual stuff they dont like much ,

grass is so long , wish i could mow it ,, lol ..

budsnblunts

Veteran
Looking beautiful there rod... feeling for you guys and the odd weather... Australia sure has a mind of it's own with so much diversity there... feeling pretty luck weather wise... the babies inside are doing reasonably well...

Status
Not open for further replies.