What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teddybrae

Whered you get the picture from? Quick question everyone. There's a company here going by the name of helius therapeutics. They are asking illegal growers to get in contact with them about strains and what nots. They want to offer royalties and payments for them. Is this a good way to get your foot in the door or to get shat all over on..?

Mate ... the rule has to be: If you don't know, don't do it!

Last edited:

budsnblunts

Veteran
Mate ... the rule has to be: If you don't know, don't do it!.

Hey teddy. I agree with you there, not wiling to venture into that world. I don't have much want for the commercial side. Just wondered what the intentions of these chaps were and if any one else had an opinion on them.

Last edited:

Brother Nature

Hey buds, Helios is corporate marijuana, they're not even shy about making that known. They initially came out saying that any illegal grower is just that, a criminal and they wanted nothing to do with them. Now they've changed their tune and want to offer "NZ breeders" amnesty for their strains as well as compensation. I've looked into it and there is not a single shred of information on what this 'amnesty or compensation' would entail. I'd trust them as much as any patched gang telling me they'll just grab a few plants and pay me back later. Though if you had a foot in the door from the inception you'd probably fare well. Hikurangi would be the only one of these new emerging companies that I would support if you are interested.

Dr Watt

Who What
Yeh, I thought about that, and the offer is only to buy cultivars from nonlegal growers, it is not an offer to "join the team" - who knows you may get a legal job out of it, but NO way will a 'grower' be allowed to start a legal grow ..... for that you'd need 20 years exp and a degree in horticulture.

On utube saw former 'grower' in tristate cali with a largish legal grow - inclusive of retail package product. So anyone can apply in Cali ? Seems like it, but there are a myriad of laws, and it deters many people (maybe for waiting on bureaucracy). It's more business and certainty (investor and government) than fools growing weed :joint:

insomniac_AU

Call me cynical but why would they have any obligation to compensate you in any way and what recourse would you have if they reneged?

rod58

Call me cynical but why would they have any obligation to compensate you in any way and what recourse would you have if they reneged?

hey cynical , your absolutely right of course . if anyone outside of these emerging corporate entrepreneurs think they can become a part of the " team " then they're sadly mistaken .
what these people want is not for the good of everyday people but the good they can garner for themselves !

insomniac_AU

Yes one has to ask, what's in it for me?
Great business model. Get people to hand over their prized genetics and not have to do any of the work yourself. :Bolt:

budsnblunts

Veteran
They're definitely trying to shortcut there way to nz's cannabis variety that's for sure. It makes me wonder how many response they recieved. There have been ads on the news about them, nzhearld.. Then i have seen a small Taranaki crew starting up allowing people to purchase shares.. i would love to get funding for something like this.. I have horticulture tickets and have practiced Rongoa maori (plant medicines)for some time... Other wise as alot of you say, stay the fuck away hahaha...:tiphat:

T

Teddybrae

Seems to me they're a lot like Politicians. Doing things for other peoples' good.

hey cynical , your absolutely right of course . if anyone outside of these emerging corporate entrepreneurs think they can become a part of the " team " then they're sadly mistaken .
what these people want is not for the good of everyday people but the good they can garner for themselves !

rod58

quick change of topic ,...Fuck it's hot ! 10.30am and it's 41c on the verandah . stewed plums anyone ?

NzGreenWhanau

Ive been following the the 3 nz companies that have a license to grow medicinal cannabis I agree with brother natures comment above the owners of helius can take a running jump lol. Amnesty pfffft. How do they get to choose who lives an who dies. If I did decide to “help” them it would probably be hikurangi enterprise as they have been active in keeping they business local by employing there own. Where helius are just a couple of millionaires who thought theres money to made here lets start growing canabis. One thing i struggle with is how they can let these people grow high thc strain canabis while its still illegal for 100% of the population to use it. Wtf. For scientific purposes lol. I lost my mother an daughter to cancer. I know it helped them. So fuck em all im a grow this plant till i Die

T

Teddybrae

Rod, I saw your situation on the weather chart. Amazing that the Capital could have been 28 while a relatively short distance inland the temps were 40+.
Thought of you when I saw the weather map. Wasn't quite sure whether it would get you or not. (See how smart I am with spelling? 'weather' and 'whether'? Crikey I 'm on the ball today.)
It's 32C - 35C every day here. So dry there's little point to watering.

quick change of topic ,...Fuck it's hot ! 10.30am and it's 41c on the verandah . stewed plums anyone ?

Brother Nature

Been fiddling around with my camera's phone and the photography settings, you can do some pretty cool stuff even on a limited camera like an iPhones. Think I may get myself one of those clip-on macro lenses for bud time. :D I've always loved photography, really need to get myself a nice DSLR. Will be hard to let go of the Olympus though, not that I can even get it's film developed anywhere. Here's a little photo of one of my tops at 4 days flower:

picture.php

Hope you're all doing well, been hot here too, but can't really complain as it's not Oz hot.

rod58

i've just found a few old issues of high times magazine so i scanned a few articles from them to my computer . when i tried uploading them to ICMAG it failed .
file sizes are to big .
question , does anyone know how i can reduce the file size .. got to be easy !

Dr Watt

Who What
Must be many Resizers? Filehippo

Must be many Resizers? Filehippo

Search (Windows key + Q) type PAINT and if it finds it - my win 8.1 didn't have it listed in programs. Or right click then Open With then resize on right by % is easiest :witch:

Brother Nature

I tend to just use MS paint and reduce the size of the image by selecting all of it, then reducing the size by 25%-50%. THere's probably better ways though. I used to have a mate whose dad had a ton of high times from the 70's and the shit in them was so cool man, hope you get it working Rod. Png and JPEG files tend to be the smallest size for images too if that helps at all.

insomniac_AU

Yeah no computer expert here but if I want to reduce the size of a file I use MS Paint or Paint.net and click "image" at the top of the screen and then "resize" then "by percentage" You can choose any size you like but I find reducing by 50% is usually good.

T

Teddybrae

Do wot I did Cobra! I downloaded an app, man! here's an easy free one: "FreeSizer".

Y've still got to do stuff tho' ... but not a lot ...

Status
Not open for further replies.