What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod58

ok , thanks all . i've spent the last couple of hours trying to do this shit but to no avail .
i'll try that freesizer teddy .

T

Teddybrae

Rod ... after you've taken the image (scan or camera) save the image in desktop. When you open 'freesizer' it will open in a smaller window in front of yr Desktop (called: layering). Then you can just drag the image you saved to 'desktop' into 'freesizer'.

Y'know how to drag those smaller windows around? Drag them bigger or smaller? You can drag your images to one side of 'desktop' and drag 'freesizer' to the other so you can see everything at once.

(I usually rename the image I store in desktop so whatever image I end up with after mucking around cannot confused with the original image.)

Good luck Mate! What's the god of computers called again?

rod58

FINALLY DID ONE ..
picture.php

rod58

righto , what i did was go into my cheap ass scanner menu and changed the document from PDF to jpeg ..
well i didn't personally but i have a mate who is a computer technician and he did it remotely from 600 k's away . nearly does my simple head in ! ..lol

thanks bud . we have a saying here in oz ,
whats the difference between a kiwi and a computer ?
you only have to punch the information into a computer once !

haha in this case i think they got that a bit arse about ...hahhaha no offence to any kiwis on this site !

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
these guys are in a lot of the waterways on the mountains here ,
one is causing a stir at a local volcanic lake ,
some want it taken out because they dont want tourists getting complacent over crocodiles and swimming with them ....

they might think its ok to swim with the salt water ones is their worry ,

theres signs everywhere nowadays , ,if they get eaten its their own fault ,
though apparently its more likely local males getting grabbed by crocs ,
and theres usually something else involved ,, alcohol ,
silly drunk guys get themselves in all sorts of trouble around the water it seems ... lol ..

picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
Good post Don. Regarding resizing - if in Win - I use 8.1, open with Photo Viewer and THEN right click > Open With > and Paint is an option which I couldn't locate otherwise.

Last edited:

Sticky Sat

these guys are in a lot of the waterways on the mountains here ,
one is causing a stir at a local volcanic lake ,
some want it taken out because they dont want tourists getting complacent over crocodiles and swimming with them ....

they might think its ok to swim with the salt water ones is their worry ,

theres signs everywhere nowadays , ,if they get eaten its their own fault ,
though apparently its more likely local males getting grabbed by crocs ,
and theres usually something else involved ,, alcohol ,
silly drunk guys get themselves in all sorts of trouble around the water it seems ... lol ..

View Image

Great pics man ! :)

That koala sure looks like he's found an indica patch... :)

Seems the world would be a much better place if we could replace obnoxious drunkards and politicians by crocs... ;)

Dr Watt

Who What
Fry Up

Fry Up

Yeh, the above photo came from another heatwave a couple of years back. It has been steadily been getting hotter Downunder for sure .... take today for instance

All across Victoria, The Southern State and initial Oz capital homey state Melbourne city, anyway Low Last Nite : 28c Today like right now in my town ? 40c >>> ReelFeel 40c

It's 40c to 45c statewide ! A cold front is coming in - take'll about 2 hours so about 4.30pm :joint:

insomniac_AU

Gday mate! All of the above. :)
I have a big A/C and the flower box runs roughly midnight to 11am. Off peak power and coolest hours of the day.

T

Teddybrae

:hotbounce
They're talking about load shedding today. Don't you turn off my A/C you bastards! :cuss:
````

One of the reasons I left the City was because I didn't control the power supply. Now I have my own power supply. I control every little piece of it.

Unfortunately because I live on minimal money my power supply is small and will not run an airconditioner.

So as I stick to the chair in front of my PC and my forearms leave muddy marks on the desk from a combination of today's gardening and this moment's sweat (it's 10:11PM) ... I tell myself how noble was the desire to leave the City. How right it was to tell the Status Quo they can stick their global warming home comforts where it is most uncomfortable!

And like a deranged fool I reassure myself that I will receive an honoured place in heaven because of the grand thermal sacrifices I have made ... this day and every other fucking day that is over 32C.

In the meantime there is the blow-up king size mattress on the verandah where it is 10 degrees cooler than inside. Soon I will lie down there and it will be pleasant. I will drift off in a Mango Haze and wake for a piss about 4AM just in time to hear the possum come home and the kookaburras begin to sing their welcome to a new day ...

Sticky Sat

Hey Teddy :)
If you replace the possum by 5 or 6 downpours a day and the Mango Haze by the better than nothing Os and bangos, it sounds a lot like here... ;)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
32 is aok teddy ,
its when its above 36 it starts getting uncomfortable i reckon ,

anyhow no chance of that here the last few days ,
cool , wet and miserable here ...

bloody rain , been going non stop for 48 hrs now ....

Status
Not open for further replies.