What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Some beautiful girls you have there wal. Yip noticing some similar growth here in the native soil of the pines. Best year so far.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Thanks man. Yeah many trials and errors the last few years. I'm looking for a nice spot of some native. That way i won't have to constantly dodge loggers, along with properly prepping the area... what flavour you got going at the moment?

T

Teddybrae

All I 've got is pictures of our Mango crop. Piknem, peelinum, slicinumup and eatinum.

picture.php

budsnblunts

Veteran
Yum fresh mangoes. Are they all different varieties? Any other fruit trees about? I'm collecting fruit trees and berry plants at the moment..

Dog Star

Veteran
Am love mangos.. they are pretty expensive fruit here,also hard to found good ones,
sometimes i would buy but their meat was totally out of any juice or they go overriped,

those yours look juicy..

T

Teddybrae

@ Buds ... the tree is a seedling ... came from an old tree in my Son's back yard. Seems to breed true from seed as my tree tastes and produces just like his. (If you want to buy one of these look for "Bowen" variety.)

@ Dog Star ... yes, Mangoes don't travel well. And so they are picked from the tree very early so they're often impossible to eat.
If you have a tree in your back yard, you pick the fruit, take off all your clothes, take the fruit to the bathroom, get in the bath ... eat ripe mangoes! (Best eaten with a naked friend.)

So here's a pic of part of our crop on the floor of the laundry to keep cool. There were aprox 500 mangoes on the one tree including the out-of-reach ones the birds ate.

picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
Thats a lot of myrcene on the floor.. am readed mangos pack better punch in a
combo with a weed.. like stronger effects or somethin..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Do you ever eat them green when they are still crunchy teddy ??

we used to eat them like that when i was a kid in png ,
and i was happy to see the thais do it also , with a little bit of a dry salty dip,
its good ....

Sticky Sat

Do you ever eat them green when they are still crunchy teddy ??

we used to eat them like that when i was a kid in png ,
and i was happy to see the thais do it also , with a little bit of a dry salty dip,
its good ....

We do the same here but it's only possible with a few strains as others have too much terpentine and can be harsh on the throat... :)

I always thought roots only grew down and out. Then I started using blumats and discovered the roots growing up to chase the dripper.
Gotta love the root mound.

You can also see that outdoor when you add mulch or rocks on a previously bare soil. After a few days, you'll see fine roots coming all the way up :)

budsnblunts

Veteran
Whered you get the picture from? Quick question everyone. There's a company here going by the name of helius therapeutics. They are asking illegal growers to get in contact with them about strains and what nots. They want to offer royalties and payments for them. Is this a good way to get your foot in the door or to get shat all over on..?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
A friend shared it on fb ,
looks like its at a vet ,
the big bird must have had some issues ,
those things really are like dinosaurs .....

budsnblunts

Veteran
I hear those Cassowary aren't to be messed with. A foot like that looks like it'd belong to one of them hahaha.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I hear those Cassowary aren't to be messed with. A foot like that looks like it'd belong to one of them hahaha.
certainly is buds ,
you guys had your share of big birds over there before people arrived too buds , as im sure you know ,

6 types of moa roamed around nz back in the day ,
pretty large birds too ,
but dont seem to have been as formidable as the cassowary ,
perhaps tastier though .... lol ...

budsnblunts

Veteran
Yip we also had the haast eagle which was the predator of all predators... we have had oeople come and go for a while here to. People have been finding walls and caves with carbings that pre date the maori. Some are 1300 years old and egyptian related. Plenty of forgotten and mistaken history here... here's the haast.
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.