What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teddybrae

Message from Sticky to share:

There has been a huge rain event at Sticky's place. He might have to move because there have been two landslides "... up the valley" and cracks have appeared in the concrete floor of his house.
He can only communicate briefly at present because there is no sun to charge his solar system ... otherwise all ok.

Cheers you mob ... enjoy the heat ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
poor old sticky ,
that guy gets more rain where he lives than ive ever seen ,
and i live in one of the wettest places in oz ...

its a wonder he can grow weed at all ,
but seems to pull out some very decent looking stuff ...

a place up here that sounds similar, Millaa Millaa ,
where the cows wear gumboots because it rains all the time ,
and the local weed was called Millaa Millaa moldy .... lol ...

budsnblunts

Veteran
Poor fella. I'm getting my first decent rain in the last month so quite enjoying it. Fingers are crossed for stick.

Brother Nature

Looking good BnB. Hope everyone else is doing well, we've just had a little rain, was a nice break from the heat, can't imagine what it's like for you Ozzies!!

Here's a photo of some roots trying to grow into my blumat, man I love this thing :D

picture.php

T

Teddybrae

I'm getting my first decent rain in the last month so quite enjoying it. Fingers are crossed for stick.

Have to laugh (not with scorn) at the idea you've waited less than a month for rain!

How long has it been in S.E. Queensland E.B.?

The Missus keeps rainfall records and we are 450mm down on last year at this time.
I don't mind cos I have to mow if the grass grows ... but the rain will probably come all at once and for a long time ... just as the heads are ripening!!!

rod58

g13 hashplant just beginning to poke out a few 'hairs" .
love this plants structure , bushy as fuck .
picture.php

rod58

Have to laugh (not with scorn) at the idea you've waited less than a month for rain!

The Missus keeps rainfall records and we are 450mm down on last year at this time.
I don't mind cos I have to mow if the grass grows ... but the rain will probably come all at once and for a long time ... just as the heads are ripening!!!

ya reckon that's bad teddy !

remember when it rained for 40 days and 40 nights ?

we only got 10 points out of that !

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
g13 hashplant just beginning to poke out a few 'hairs" .
love this plants structure , bushy as fuck .
View Image
been envious of your corn rod ,
and finally got some in yesterday ,
late , but better than nothing ...

i did plant seed twice , but obviously the mice can smell the corn , little bastards ,, lol ...

rod58

been envious of your corn rod ,
and finally got some in yesterday ,
late , but better than nothing ...

i did plant seed twice , but obviously the mice can smell the corn , little bastards ,, lol ...

yeah the corn is always good in this deep white sand " silver loam ": just need lots of water .
bloody mice ! always something to fuck you over ...lol

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

G `day TB

Rain at night regularly here .
Up where you are is a much drier region . I can see the ocean in the distance from the top floor of my house . That is a big influence on the weather round here .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Brother Nature

Awesome insomniac, love the Dakar. One of my dreams to race in it, too many injuries and not enough money though. Would be cool to do smaller less professional rally though, I'd imagine you guys have some across that big hot country of yours?

insomniac_AU

Me too but I'm too old now. Yes there are some great desert races in Australia like Finke and the Hattah rally. Toby has won everything there is to win in Australia and has won Dakar before too. If you want to see an interesting documentary watch "Paying The Price" on YT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECcGSo28dmk
Gave me a new respect for him.

Sticky Sat

Good looking plants mates, they're such mind soothing things to look at... thanks all for sharing your pics and kind words :)

Rain stopped in the night, still dark grey sky but i'm hopeful it will get better as the wind has turned this morning.
Elmer's right about the proximity of the sea being a major factor in rainfalls...
Hey Wally, i heard this island cows may soon be given life jackets and scuba diving gear...:laughing:
Thinking about fitting names for my last crosses, like Moldy Kelp and Slimy Glue... :laughing:
Can't stay too long, have to wait for some sun to charge the batteries... ;)
Have a great day my friends ! :)

rod58

Toby Price is tough, get behind him Australia. Broken wrist and leading Dakar. :bow:
https://twitter.com/tobyprice87

i watched a bit of the dakar insomniac and toby price is indeed tough !
it showed his wrist broken but what amazes me is his sheer determination as he was riding over very hard terrain and at speed and one handed .. all of those people deserve a medal !

now don't you just love the pungency of dynamic lifter !
normally i don't use it because of our high alkalinity but after using heaps of sulphur over several years i thought a bit ..lot ..wouldn't hurt too much . i now smell like arse ! :moon::biggrin::biggrin:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
amazing growth rate going on out there at the moment ,
im sure you guys are seeing it too ,

heres an example of just over 2 weeks growth ,
the left of the first pic is some small plants on the 1/1 ,
and next pics are them again yesterday 16 days later ....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.