What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniac_AU

Cold shower? :comfort:
I had the A/C on all last night set on 19 to soak the house temp right down. It's crept up to nearly 24 inside now but that's because I keep opening the door and going out to the garage to smoke pipes. :biggrin:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Jeez - sounds like its 'Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum' - downunder in Oz right now.

Scorchio!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
is that it mate ..32c , whats your winter like ? how low does that go ..
our hottest here though not officially recorded was 50c ..

In 2004, I worked in Kuwait for a whole year...
When I got there on March 2nd, it was 24-25c every day and 21 at night.. Beautiful!

When mid-May rolled around it was 50 to 53c every fukin' day until early October... In the shade! At night it would cool down to 36-39c..

Sure glad I don't live there anymore!

Dr Watt

Who What
Great Post by the Watt, Dr Watt, how do you do ...

Great Post by the Watt, Dr Watt, how do you do ...

That was a hot one !! The weather has broken :

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IVCTARAR2

mention to wunderground, I haven't a weatherstation exterior yet (I've 20 interior temp devices), but I can still see the exact temps etc in my town.

Now, that town Ararat is next to Ballarat, but I don't live there, then there is Kilmore :

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IVCTKILM3

and is sure sounds familiar, but I don't live there either, I LIVE 100 CLICKS OUTSIDE MARSEILLE !!!!!!!! :skiiing:

Ok. Well, what happened today, I received a mixed flow 150mm S&P TD150 copy today, immediately installed it in the roof (thankfully right next to the the manhole, I'm telling you), by the way it replaced a 38w computer fan (like a strong 30w tiny one that's common here), into a 6" (15cm or 150mm) Carbon Filter directly and blowing (not as good as sucking for dust alone imo atm), duct line under 2', set the minimum fan speed so it doesn't hum, so stoned can't even remember if the light was on, 'cos the 250w HPS was on when I awoke 1-2 hours later and the fan was stopped. Didn't plug it in etc, switch on the prefan speed controller so it doesn't run to fast when the tempTOfanspeed device (SMS) doesn't turn the fan up too much, etc FFFFFFF (swear word easily said in bad humour) the fan has burnt out ! Maybe wiring off, I did change it from Hi to Lo, NO NO NO, burnt out.

Now, I've put the little 38w back but without the carbon filter for now, and as I've used ozone before, maybe forever.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AC-220-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

says 30w but thanks to my Kill-A-Watt I know it pulls more >>https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/240V-Po...m=173479080790&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598
This is a must buy item, the price has come down !!, you will check every appliance and they will use as stated - but without it you'll never know !!!! First example, is that my little fan actually pull 42w even tho' it says 30w, maybe they didn't want to say fan is very strong. Now, by comparison, my S&P TD200, metal uses 50>58w and it is alot bigger.

Good little fan, can do a lot, for instance cooling 500w HPS in a closet, sitting on a CanFan30 (square one), with 2ft duct thru the ceiling, in winter and it gets cold 100 clicks outside M, yes, elbows and duct length avoid both and little fans can do the job :bigeye:

Last edited:

Sticky Sat

32 degrees Centigrade is about the max for us. 42 must be intense��

On this island it doesn't get higher than 35 in the shade (28 at night) but the year round 100 % high rh makes it feel worse than the 50s i experienced in the California desert... Well, at least as long as one doesn't have to survive in it without water... ;)

kickarse

Its been a fairly mild summer so far, only one day over 40c, and a couple over 35c
its a couple of degrees below average for summer

nothing to get to exited about yet

T

Teddybrae

Aw Gee ... I haven't got a story about heat. worked in Port Hedland once and it was hot there.

(Now a funny thing has just happened inside my head. I 'm remembering how the local native women there are astonishingly beautiful. It has to do with oriental in the mix. Asian fishermen sampling the local delights and leaving a mark. Didn't leave a mark myself altho I got ogled a coupla times. piss weak ending to my story ... the women ... I remember the women ...)

rod58

Aw Gee ... I haven't got a story about heat. worked in Port Hedland once and it was hot there.

(Now a funny thing has just happened inside my head. I 'm remembering how the local native women there are astonishingly beautiful. It has to do with oriental in the mix. Asian fishermen sampling the local delights and leaving a mark. Didn't leave a mark myself altho I got ogled a coupla times. piss weak ending to my story ... the women ... I remember the women ...)

crikey teddy , that was a really piss weak heat story !!
now ,.. on the other hand , the woman story was great though insufficient ..tell us more !

Dr Watt

Who What
The women are NOT beautiful anywhere in or around Australia (meaning Oz and Pacific Islands).

Now I know that it was just a throwaway statement. Then Asian Fisherman - well WANT A TRUE STORY ABOUT AN ASIAN FISHERMAN I, ME, SAW ?

I'm Kao Pagang, Thailand, I go down to the bay I was on, go for a snorkel, decide to float, like you do, dead man float in warm waters........ welll, a couple of hours later there was another person floating EXACTLY WHERE I WAS !

and he was a Thai or Burmese fisherman who did not have to get paid for the last trip be because, I was informed later, he had a machete injury accross his face - one would imagine the injury, combined with a shove overboard, to be enough to TERMINATE that would be asian fisherman !!!!

Who What Dr Watt :tree:

Status
Not open for further replies.