What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod58

well that's done and dusted for another year ! thank goodness ..

considering that i'm a dyed in the wool atheist , then i shouldn't be celebrating it so
i like to say i'm having my end of year party ! and what a party it was ! hahaha .

cheers everyone .

insomniac_AU

well that's done and dusted for another year ! thank goodness ..

considering that i'm a dyed in the wool atheist , then i shouldn't be celebrating it so
i like to say i'm having my end of year party ! and what a party it was ! hahaha .

cheers everyone .
Merry Christmas all!
Yes I'm relieved too. It's a lovely afternoon here, in the high 20s. Just mowed the lawns and enjoying an ice cold beer. :)

insomniac_AU

Hope everyone is staying cool. Ice cream and homemade caramel sauce my sister gave me for Christmas. :biggrin:
picture.php

T

Teddybrae

Good morning Rod ... or good afternoon if yr xmas party was a good one ...

Listen ... I bought some of that D-TER and it keeps the parrots of my Mangoes! Wonderful stuff. Will spray it round my other garden like a chemical fence.

all looking very good mate . sucks that you have to net everything though !
i mentioned before about a product called D-TER , have you tried it ? my nectarine and apricot trees were just stating to be attacked by parrots and silver eyes so i sprayed them with d-ter and one day later all the birds are gone ! they'll sit within say 2-3 metres from the trees but no closer ..non toxic at all ! gives animals a severe sense of impending danger . cheers ..

rod58

Good morning Rod ... or good afternoon if yr xmas party was a good one ...

Listen ... I bought some of that D-TER and it keeps the parrots of my Mangoes! Wonderful stuff. Will spray it round my other garden like a chemical fence.

hey teddy , yeah it was a casual end of year really so i'm fit as a hairy wombat .
that D-TER is wonderful stuff and especially if you combine it with other methods ;..eg ..shotgun full of birdshot ! hahaha .
i've had a few plums picked at a bit , but nothing that concerns me too much . it is sold in bunnings but under a different name - format .. hmm SCAT ..maybe .

budsnblunts

Veteran
I'm looking into ordering some over. It doesn't go against any regulations so the Australian pest supply place reckons. Plants all going really well. Still caging until that stuff arrives.. keep safe fullas

T

Teddybrae

I 'm surprised you don't have it there already. It comes in sachets that make two litres of spray which is heaps to go around a dope garden. But if you need a lot it's a bit exy at A$10+ per sachet.

Was funny to watch the first parrot after the tree had been sprayed. It was a Mother bird and there was a young bird squawking, demanding, nearby ... so the Mother was driven to get food. She had visited before and it was just a formality that she swooped into the tree and took a bite ... but everytime she put her beak near the fruit it was like a magnet or something pulled her head away again. If parrots can look puzzled she did. since then no other birds have landed. so whoopee! Ripe Mangoes in about a week!!!

I'm looking into ordering some over. It doesn't go against any regulations so the Australian pest supply place reckons. Plants all going really well. Still caging until that stuff arrives.. keep safe fullas

Brother Nature

hey buds n blunts, you can actually get the same stuff here. It's comprised of Aluminum Ammonium Sulfate and is used in a few different animal deterrent products over here as well. The brand I've used in the past was called Curb it was about $40 per kg of the stuff.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
sad when you think the weather couldnt get any worse ,
and then u read the weather report ,
and it says the weather is taking a turn for the worse ...

anyhow its wet up here and going to get wetter ....

ozzieAI

Veteran
sad when you think the weather couldnt get any worse ,
and then u read the weather report ,
and it says the weather is taking a turn for the worse ...

anyhow its wet up here and going to get wetter ....

yeah..fairly constant around here as well...just no real heavy stuff...yet...

i see there is a severe weather warning for FNQ...stay safe peoples...

Sticky Sat

Unceasing heavy downpours here too... After the monsoon we had in place of the "dry" season, it's hard to believe there's still so much water left in the skies...

Hope it won't be too bad for you my friends... :)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Is it bad storms, or just lots of rain?

This time of year for you would be like end of June to me..
I like getting rain at end of June...It makes my 4 and 5 foot plants turn into 9 footers...
big monsoonal trough ,
it has a bit of everything in there , well other than snow ,, lol ...

and yep the plants like it for a while ,
but after a week or so they start to look for the sun ....

they expect it will turn into a cyclone pretty soon ....

rod58

well its the new year , fuck all has changed but after reading my star sign for the 2019 year i'm very optomistic .. love and filthy wealth are heading my way !
heres a picture of my corn ,oh , and g13 hashplant . shit hot aye ?
picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
everything looks nice and green there rod ,
nice one man ,

and good luck with that new life your about to embark on ,,, hehehe ..

rod58

thanks donald , things are moving quite fast now with the new " embarkation ..lol.
these are doggies fake gg#4 which i crossed with g13 hashplant .
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts