What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teddybrae

that time has come again ...

the battle of the titans , the maroons against the blues !

STATE OF ORIGIN ..

go the mighty maroons !

I'm wondering how come if you live east of Timbuktoo ... that you even KNOW about rugby league. C'mon Man ... are you tricking us?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I'm wondering how come if you live east of Timbuktoo ... that you even KNOW about rugby league. C'mon Man ... are you tricking us?

Well, he is kinda east of there....east, south east...

I guess it doesn't matter that it's 8000 miles E.S.E. of there...

rod58

haha , i lived in NSW during the eighty's and ninety's for 11 years and played touch with my mates there .
got to love the game and i always sided with qld ,,
after that i moved to TIMBUKTOO and bought a special tv that let me watch rugby league ..haha still have it till this day !

rexamus616

Veteran
hehehe... yeah goin good thanks Roddy...

Haven't been smokin much, so I get VERY ripped every time I have a toke now!!

Made some nice seeds recently too.... Seeds of Africa Malawi x Oldtimers Haze, and the SoA Malawi X Panama....

Should go good... The Panama cross should be earlier than the Haze cross... and chunkier.... the malawi has very small Calyxes, so these two fathers will hopefully bring something good to the cross.... the malawi is certainly not lacking in potency!

all the best mate!

Hope everyones enjoying their harvests!

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey all just wondering if i could pick a few brains. I have built a box. The height is 1.8 m width is 1.4m depth is 1.7m. I want to set up a fan and filter system that removes virtually all smell. I am going yo run a fan and filter in the room to circulate the air and then exhaust it and run it through in more filter. Its the size of filters and fans i am having a hard time figuring. . Would a 6 inch fan and filter for the exhaust do the trick if i run a 4 inch fan and filter inside to circulate? I am only in veg with a few plants and one dimmable 600.. cheers fullas.:tiphat:

T

Teddybrae

Hey all just wondering if i could pick a few brains. I have built a box. The height is 1.8 m width is 1.4m depth is 1.7m. I want to set up a fan and filter system that removes virtually all smell. I am going yo run a fan and filter in the room to circulate the air and then exhaust it and run it through in more filter. Its the size of filters and fans i am having a hard time figuring. . Would a 6 inch fan and filter for the exhaust do the trick if i run a 4 inch fan and filter inside to circulate? I am only in veg with a few plants and one dimmable 600.. cheers fullas.:tiphat:

Notanexpert here ...

your question must have to do with VOLUME of air moved by each fan. on the face of things the 6" unit will move more than the 4" unit. BUT the 4" might move more air because of a higher speed. So you have to find out how much air your fans move. this should be mentioned somewhere in the boxes they came in.

But imagining what I would do ... can you check air movement in the room with smoke? and watch what happens. maybe that's not sensible because you will have spent money just to experiment. but it just might work!

to my thinking your idea has merit ... onward!

cheers

Brother Nature

Airflow was always something I struggled with when first starting inside. A lot of it depends on how you'd want to grow, but with a 600 in that space a 150mm (6in) extraction fan would be the minimum, especially with a decent carbon filter attached. If you get a very good centrifugal fan that size should be fine, most brands list the airflow in m3 over here. If you've got access to a grow shop they generally carry the best for what we do, you can always order something like that online as well. Your 100mm (4in) intake should be fine as long as the filter isn't too restrictive, I always like to have a small oscillating fan on or near the floor too. Best way to learn is just to do it, but there's also a great thread about fan sizes and airflow on here (sorry don't have link off the top of my head) as long as you're ok at maths it's a fairly easy thing to figure out. Good luck mate!

rod58

hehehe... yeah goin good thanks Roddy...

Haven't been smokin much, so I get VERY ripped every time I have a toke now!!

Made some nice seeds recently too.... Seeds of Africa Malawi x Oldtimers Haze, and the SoA Malawi X Panama....

Should go good... The Panama cross should be earlier than the Haze cross... and chunkier.... the malawi has very small Calyxes, so these two fathers will hopefully bring something good to the cross.... the malawi is certainly not lacking in potency!

all the best mate!

Hope everyones enjoying their harvests!

oldtimers haze has always had , to me , a certain appeal so i kept a good eye out for some beans but when i saw it available i thought , yep thats me .
then amidst flashing lights and lots of tinsel malawi came along and diverted my line of thought .
it was ok ..our climate here doesn't always allow that extra time for maturity . i cobbed most of it and the change in it was quite extraordinary . i'm down to the last handful now from year before last .
so ! oldtimers haze is now front and centre again . tell me about it rexy , does it yield , is the smoke a bit special ? should i make space for it this year ?
anyway , lifes good atm , got my end in this arvo ..sweet .

T

Teddybrae

Has Timbuktoo got a Hay street?! Ah, I 'm starting to make connections here ...

T

Teddybrae

Hello Hello ... Who is our Moderator please? Mr Mod if you are observing I would like to shift a post from Mould problems to this Thread because no one has answered it ... and I know someone must have an opinion. I mean someone always has! cheers ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hello Hello ... Who is our Moderator please? Mr Mod if you are observing I would like to shift a post from Mould problems to this Thread because no one has answered it ... and I know someone must have an opinion. I mean someone always has! cheers ...
the one about will the californian weed grow here ??

yes indeed it will ,
i grow sour diesel here very successfully from cuttings ...

it is often beneficial to have a bit more sativa in them for oz conditions , so a cross of those types to a more sativa dom variety...

but the us elite cuts do pretty good here from what ive noted so far ...

rod58

lol, not HAY street?

always jumping to different conclusions boys !
make me feel like a slut ...:biggrin:

so the 150micron stainless screen turned up from china , gotta love china , and all my head trim is going through it ..had a look at a few utube vids about the process and seems pretty simple .
does anyone know whether i should freeze the product first ?

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Rod

Dunno about Timbuktu .
I once went through Kickatinalong . On my way to Wheelabarrowback .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

rod58

G `day Rod

Dunno about Timbuktu .
I once went through Kickatinalong . On my way to Wheelabarrowback .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

lol.. and comebychance ..actually went there ..out near brewarrina in nsw ..
haha serious shit this !
regards elmer .

Status
Not open for further replies.