What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teddybrae

Bugger! did that wrong!

picture.php

hoki2test

Veteran
PILBARA JASPER

PILBARA JASPER

Out walking me best friend this morning and found a nice chunk of Pilbara Jasper....STREWTH'' I said to myself... This will make a good door stop:laughing:
picture.php

T

Teddybrae

Aren't you being a little hard on yourself? I think they are sort of OK . :)

And also Mr Mallard ...

I had help ... and looks like the 'help' dug heaps of high potash kelp into the soil when I wasn't looking! so the plants grew huge and had nothing left over for heading ... see resulting heads in my gallery ...

Ha Ha then unknowing I foliared them with MORE high potash kelp like you do Mr Mallard.

the heads grew a little then trichomes turned brown and plants just sorta sat there ... nothing happening.

Mr Bud suggested elsewhere in these pages that I picked too early. sounded as if he knew when I planted but he couldn't have (COULD HE?). so no, they went their hundred days no worries ...

you can see their potential but the yield was miserable.

cheers!

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
mmmm too much k and not enough n ,
they do look a bit hungry in the pic above ...

i only feed that high k stuff during flower ,
and keep a little n in with the soluble ferts that i give every 10 days or so ,
until the flowers are about finger size thick ,

really its only a few feeds of the high k stuff on its own ... .

should be a great year next one if u get the mix right ,
indeed lots of potential ...

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey everyone hope yous have all had a good start to the year. The chill is hitting pretty good and its time to move inside. Keep safe.

H

hard rain

And also Mr Mallard ...

I had help ... and looks like the 'help' dug heaps of high potash kelp into the soil when I wasn't looking! so the plants grew huge and had nothing left over for heading ... see resulting heads in my gallery ...

Ha Ha then unknowing I foliared them with MORE high potash kelp like you do Mr Mallard.

the heads grew a little then trichomes turned brown and plants just sorta sat there ... nothing happening.

Mr Bud suggested elsewhere in these pages that I picked too early. sounded as if he knew when I planted but he couldn't have (COULD HE?). so no, they went their hundred days no worries ...

you can see their potential but the yield was miserable.

cheers!
Hey Teddy, just curious, what's this 100 days you are talking about? Are you counting days from a certain point in the plant's development? That may be your problem. Plant's are ready when they are ready. They take no notice of seed banks saying they should be ready at a certain time.
Most seedbanks will overestimate harvest time. Sometimes by weeks (present company excluded).

Brother Nature

Hey everyone hope yous have all had a good start to the year. The chill is hitting pretty good and its time to move inside. Keep safe.

Hey BnB, pretty bloody cold here too my man. Was 2 degrees this morning, hope you've been getting better weather. Hope your year starts been good too my man.:dance013:

T

Teddybrae

Hey Teddy, just curious, what's this 100 days you are talking about? Are you counting days from a certain point in the plant's development? That may be your problem. Plant's are ready when they are ready. They take no notice of seed banks saying they should be ready at a certain time.
Most seedbanks will overestimate harvest time. Sometimes by weeks (present company excluded).

thanks. Mango Haze. my regular grow. I know what it does. "100 days" suggested by Mr Bud not me. but it grew long enuf ... and then the trichomes turned brown and plant growth stalled. They didn't even get more yellow leaves. Stopped! Stuck! thanks again ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
be hard to assess the cause of the problems from such a distance ,

seems like there would be lots of roots in that small bed ,
requiring lots of water and food to keep them happy and healthy ,

a nice mulching really helps heaps ,
not just for keeping the soil more moist , but encouraging beneficial bacteria , microbes etc ,,

that old kiss principle is a pretty good one to follow imo ..

hope you have more luck on the next run teddy ...

heres a bit of c5 mango i have flowering ,
yea i know its a terrible time to be trying to flower plants ,
but they dont seem too unhappy ,

so on we go ...

picture.php

ozzieAI

Veteran
i reckon it is a great time to flower up this way....plenty of sunshine, no more storms and the humidity isn't too bad...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i reckon it is a great time to flower up this way....plenty of sunshine, no more storms and the humidity isn't too bad...
some lovely weather coming man ,
once that few weeks of chill abates ,

its high here so we do get a taste of what the south is experiencing ,
but it s still sunny , and warm mostly , well without the wind , lol ...

rod58

that time has come again ...

the battle of the titans , the maroons against the blues !

STATE OF ORIGIN ..

go the mighty maroons !

Status
Not open for further replies.