What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod58

yeah bud , we don't take things too seriously , i struggle sometimes understanding as well and then you just say ..well fuck it ..and go with the flow ..dude ..:biggrin:
how you been mate , all good over there in the snow ?
we've just had a major rain event here , been great for some things and for some quite tragic . the favourite catch cry now , and because of " global warming " is every time we have an event its ,
..the one in a hundred years event or new record set since recording began ..fucking media !

rod58

ok , true to my word ..down to the coast and into the water at the cliffs and got some choice abalone ..good tucker !crumbed and deep fried ..
picture.php

rod58

hey looking very nice ..what sort of lights are they bud ? i know bugger all about indoors but it looks extremely bright ..what strain have you there ?

budsnblunts

Veteran
They're just little 23 watt cfls, 8 of them. That there is our mate dogstars alien gift. It's an awesome plant to work with.. Can't wait to see what it looks like outside.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Man those abalone look good.. I ate a mess of them when I was in Auckland.:woohoo:

Cool thing about hunting abalone is, once ya find where they're hiding, they're so easy to catch..
They sure don't run very fast..:biggrin:

Gnz

They're just little 23 watt cfls, 8 of them. That there is our mate dogstars alien gift. It's an awesome plant to work with.. Can't wait to see what it looks like outside.

Looks like a nice little rig and the girls look happy! Try swapping the CFLs for screw in LED bulbs next time they're on sale, I noticed a worthwhile difference in yield and they run a bit cooler.

rod58

Man those abalone look good.. I ate a mess of them when I was in Auckland.:woohoo:

Cool thing about hunting abalone is, once ya find where they're hiding, they're so easy to catch..
They sure don't run very fast..:biggrin:

yeah , its a good day out even if ya bashed around against the rocks , NZ i think there called ..hold on , quick google , ..paua ..pooarr i think they pronounce it ..:biggrin: just gotta be careful when you pick them up mate ..can give you a nasty bite ..:biggrin:

rod58

budsblunts i just googled those cfls , so they are fluros ? it certainly looks like there doing the job ..any downside to them .
it must be a lot cheaper to run as well ..

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey rod so far I haven't found any down sides to them. They are awesome and easy to work with. Emit fuck all heat especially

yeah , its a good day out even if ya bashed around against the rocks , NZ i think there called ..hold on , quick google , ..paua ..pooarr i think they pronounce it ..:biggrin:

Its pronounced more like pah-wah. Maybe the accent comes out sounding like pooarr to you ozzies though.

Never heard of them ever biting anyone, sticking to you is about the worst I've ever heard of. Everything's got teeth across your side of the ditch though aye Rod?

rod58

haha thats more like it mattskibop , need a kiwi to get it right .
and ya right most have teeth , except maybe my granny ! :biggrin:
and thinking about it , i used to work with a lot of maori boys and they would pick what i know as milk thistle , they called that poo-ar .cooked it up like spinach !

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I visited NZ for a month of exploring and fishing, back in 1985...
My best buddy, had flown to Oz a month earlier, and he flew into Auckland, from Sydney, the morning after I arrived..
The first day of our journey thru NZ., he was telling me about his month in Oz...
I still laugh about this. I hope you Kiwis and Aussies find it amusing also...

note: before I left the US, I read a Kiwi/ Yankee dictionary, just for fun, and because I knew we use certain words with different meanings...

My buddy told me about a day he was driving, far up on the north east coast of Oz.. He told me he found a roadhouse in the middle of nowhere, and stopped in for some lunch...
He said there was one man behind the counter, cooking and bringing the food to the tables.
There were two tables with some construction workers and roustabouts near him.

He told me that halfway through his meal, he called the counterman, and asked him to bring him a napkin.
He said the counterman smiled and the construction workers were snickering...
Jack said, When the counterman brought it over, he said in a loud voice, "And would you like me to pin it on for you mate?" And then started laughing.
Jack said the men at the other tables started laughing out loud...
He said he didn't know what was so funny, but he just laughed along with them...

Well, by now, I am already cracking up, listening to my buddy's story...Because I had read the dictionary..
I told him about serviettes and napkins and then he got it...

His face turned just a little red, and then he started laughing his ass off about it!

rod58

haha, thats right mr green , come to oz and at some point your going to get the piss pulled out of ya .
we love stirring up the kiwis and vice versa . good old fashioned rivalry that often comes to blows being traded !

G

This is my Ballina variety which was gifted by a great mate of mine.
I have crossed it with a Rare Dankness Blue Ox male, which was also a very nice looking indica specimen.
The resulting offspring shall be affectionately called Blueball!
This one is a very stocky attractive plant which should have plenty of potential.
Looking forward to experimenting with the seed this year.

picture.php

Last edited:

budsnblunts

Veteran
Bad news on my half... Those pesky pigs got 65 nice sized plants at least 3-4 feet tall. Mother fuckers... Must have only a few left out for this year....

Status
Not open for further replies.