What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

noyd666

WHAT! FALSE CLAIMS GOOD GOD.
picture.php

Goldust

Thanks man I appreciate that.. There is 16000 lumens in there all up... I thought it might be enough to veg little plants and keep them alive through winter come for next season... One of the plants even had the twist when they had first popped in the green house, I added that into my thoughts about the twist, but like I said I do appreciate it this is first time using cfl's and I wired the thing up myself lol.

how close\far to the bulbs do you have the plants?
i run a high wattage cfl 125w for starting plants and basically nearly on top of plants only burns leaves if they touch bulb

Dog Star

Veteran
3-5 cm for shorter internodes,30 cm is too much,

CFL can be hot so some good vent between plant tops and light is good idea..

N

noyd666

a found there only good for short time then no progress is made unless shifted up a notch, stronger light. I used a 200 watt cfl over mums years ago and that made them grow quick. in smaller enclosed area, high humidity etc.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Cheers fullas. Autumn is kicking in quickly here "only reason for light". I'll lower them down and watch how the plants react. Yous all rock. I've got a little fridge magnet thermometer, come from Australia and has a little kangaroo on it, that sits in the back. Reminder of my aussie mates here. The temps get to about 28 degrees so I'm pretty happy with that. I have one little pc fan as intake (that's down low) and I have two pc fans cut into the roof as exhaust. No humidity or extreme heat build up.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Thought I'd hassle yous with more pictures...
This is a little g13 x diesel

This is some green crack

These are some seedlings my mate chucked me a few weeks back, starting to flower now because green house kept them in veg a little extra

I'll finish off with the magnet lol.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Doggie , SW

Your right Doggie and your talkin out your ass Stoned Warrior .

I use a bank of 25 watt CFL for vegging seedlings . 6 x 25 Watt mounted on a board .
Almost touching is the best . The penetration drops off fast .

Yes BB do make twisted leaves . But so do other strains . So don`t use that as your only marker . BB usually grow slowly and often are nute sensitive .

Hope you find some thing you like .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Dog Star

Veteran
Those PLL type of CFLs are also good fixtures for clones and small plants,

but any CFL is great,6400 K colored spectrum and little ones growes like charm...
and some power is saved.. need to add that a bit forgotten T-8 fixtures are still good way to grow,very cheap and small plants love it and dont grow too fast under them..

Kind regards Elmer friend

DS

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Well i managed to escape jail ,
was very touch and go ,
in fact it was a certainty i would spend some time there ,
however things went my way thankfully .. yay ..

budsnblunts

Veteran
Good to hear Donald, have a run in with the pigs? Sorry to hear if that's the case. Glad to see you on again to

B

birdman_

yea ..BeWARE the pigsS .. :tiphat: lol

.. ' :woohoo: '

bloody Coppers m8!
picture.php
.. :-D
np.. [well he Probably WoulD] .. lol
':yes:'
Incarceration SuKKSSzz, Community Service Too! lol ..
But can Be Endearing when ya get a View Like this...

'Camera Shy' :-D :yoinks :
"hello " ..:wave :

Last edited:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:woohoo: Fucking Great News Wally my Friend :woohoo:
Been thinking of you brother and sending good vibes out to the universe :good:
We should get together and have a celebratory drink and smoke mate.

Sat sorry I missed you and the missus brother, I only just logged on today and saw your PM, next time your in the hood of Sin City, we will definately get together brother :tiphat:

peace an puffs to you all
:smoke out:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
BnB keep those CFLs as close as you can brother to your babies and they will be fine mate :good:
You will have to keep an eye on them everyday and make adjustments to the height of the bulbs as the plants grow up into them, you don't want those young tender leaves touching the bulbs at all but have the bulbs as close as possible and you will be cranking :good:
You can check out my albums for my CFL wardrobe grows if you want to see what can be achieved with CFLs, my best harvest to date was a single OGer99 plant that gave out just over 4 oz from 313watts of CFLs :woohoo:
Wish people would be more of a help than just writing people off with the methods they are using, we are all here to learn and share and get along, not just fling shite from the safety of their keyboard and say how fucked people's methods are :nono:
:gday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts