What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Star

Veteran
So what you growing is RKS x Silver Pearl..??

interesting genetics you keep Rod,real piece of canna history..

yep , very similar budsnb , very dark green growth , stubby leaves and huge buds ..the smoke was pretty good ...what i liked about them was , on a good wet year ,,is that there growth is quick , very quick ..at 5ft they still look like big seedlings , very sappy and big lower branches ..
and yes dogstar , i guard them good ..lol..very stable plants .. it is said that there wasn't a skunk 2 . i've tried researching it and some say that it was roadkill , others have different ideas .
i just knew it as that ...:tiphat:

rod58

So what you growing is RKS x Silver Pearl..??

interesting genetics you keep Rod,real piece of canna history..

well i really don't know doggie , skunk 2 as i know it , road kill , some know it as something else ...and silver pearl of course ..about 18 year ago a few mates got into hydro , the first i had heard of it and back then we were limited with a selection of clones / strains , but SP became the one to have ..i remained outdoor and scored a heap of cuttings which thrived in my climate and then eventually crossed ..even then , i had fuck all knowledge of breeding but all the progeny from that have been completely uniform ..all in all though , surely there's someone on here who would have more knowledge of it ...:)
i believe there's a thread on here that debates it ...no definitive answer though ..maybe sam the skunkman has knowledge ..
all i know is that its done me very well over the years and to me its totally predictable with its growth habit , yeild and potency ..
never gave it much thought as to its history until i came to IC , i took it as granted i guess ..

Dog Star

Veteran
Interesting story Rod,

main thing is that you are happy with cross and later with smoke..

when you compare those your cross with today modern crosses are there any
difference in potency??

Are they strong meds from this old days?

rod58

Interesting story Rod,

main thing is that you are happy with cross and later with smoke..

when you compare those your cross with today modern crosses are there any
difference in potency??

Are they strong meds from this old days?

yeah , i'm happy with it doggie ,
its not the strongest by far but its very mellow , work on it stone ..
i would like it stronger and thats why i'll try a few crosses and see what eventuates ..looking for yeild though and its a very heavy producer ..:tiphat:

N

noyd666

picture.php
a white furcoat.

budsnblunts

Veteran
cheers man it was pissing down at the time. i planted a couple of extras in th spot that pig had been munching. something to keep them occupied with atleast :tongue:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
So they closed the skunk thread I like. Why skunk gets everyone upset is beyond me.

still open ozza ,
guess it needed a clean out in there ..

its touchy because there's lots of talk ,
but no one actually has what they are talking about it seems ,,
everyone's experience is different ,
and a fair chance they weren't all toking the same pot..

I remember that pot well ,
i can only guess it was the same as our american friends ,
ive seen better since that smelt as strong ,
but my preferences are for more sativa types nowadays,
i very much doubt that stuff would rock my boat like it once did ..

N

noyd666

JOHN HOWARD WOULD HAVE SAID THAT"S FER THE [ORDINARY ]PEOPLE TO SMOKE, ARSEHOLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.