What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Star

Veteran
Man i love a good fishing story and those rainbows proove you haved amazing experience from that time...

Still biggest Brown trouts and World records keeping Croatia with 25.5,25.4 kg fish and few others over 20 kg that they found in one lake acumulation when they cleaned her.

Check this site if you wanna see biggest trouts ever,there are one old pic where guys are
holding huge trout..

http://srk-lokvarka-lokve-english.weebly.com/

N

noyd666

give me a crayfish anyday, trout where I used to catch them were sea runners and tasted like mud, lakes trout in highlands were tasty.

N

noyd666

everybody seen the cannabis sloth add? kids are laughing.
picture.php

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Noyd

Yep .
Never been a fan of eating fresh water fish . Always seem to taste of mud / dirt to me .

Gimme estuary or ocean fish for eating .

This is my fave eating fish . The lizard AKA Dusky Flat Head .

FLATHEAD-DUSKY-3.jpg

Platycephalus_fuscus_1.jpg

Thanks for sharin

EB .

N

noyd666

yep the lizard is extra fine eating, fillet the bastard out with a fork and onto the pan, hard to beat.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day Sat , Sambo

West of the great divide the El Nino is felt hard .
East of the ranges its not as noticeable .

Coast still gets the Sth east influence . But the big rains don`t make it out west .

Dry weather in March / April is the make or break .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

S

Sambo710

Ah good to know elmer, thankyou. I'm in SEQ so i'm used to it being pretty wet near the end of summer early autumn :)

luvaduck

G`day Noyd

Yep .
Never been a fan of eating fresh water fish . Always seem to taste of mud / dirt to me .

View Image

View Image

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Hi EB. Flatties are a nice feed, but you can give me a trout, the coral variety, any day. Maybe I'm spoiled:tiphat:

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day duck

Well ...
A Lizard can be accessed from the bank . Coral trout requires a lot more logistical support .
Though I do like to eat them too .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

budsnblunts

Veteran
What a day.... Hit the bush today, wheels of choice, mountain bike. 10 litres of water, 10 litres of crystal rain (pre made), four plants for the patch I was working on. I had dropped my tools and cages off a few days ago, save myself a little work. Ferted them with some osmocote and started making my way to a stream I can hear running about 45 metres away. Easier said then done, I've been crawling on my hands and knees through pig runs but they ended about 15 metres before the water. The shrub was so thick so I'll slowly make my way there. After about a 10k ride to the bush, 6k ride to where my spots are, I decided to have a nosey further in after all the work was done. Got a flat fucking tyre. Long walk home. Gotta love it ;). Hope you guys have had an equally exciting day, keep safe. I'm gonna get stoned.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hi EB. Flatties are a nice feed, but you can give me a trout, the coral variety, any day. Maybe I'm spoiled:tiphat:

yea i like the flathead ,
but the coral trout is pretty hard to beat ..

rain before xmas ,, lets hope so
being on the top of the divide,
the south easterly has to be strong to deliver much rain,
we are waiting on the storms from the west ..

Dog Star

Veteran
That fish looks like predator and predators are more tasty than those that eat veggies..

Must say Elmer you have right,i guess you haved bad luck with freshwater fish that was served to you,

few km from mine hacienda we have some gravel deep lakes,around 50 meters deep and there are a fish taste like those ones from clean sea,best quality possible as in this water there are
huge amounts of river crayfish and this beings cant swim in dirty
poluted waters.

Agree with you that muddy rivers give muddy tasting fishes as they filter lot of water thru gills and than this smell go under a skin and
its implemented in taste... i know its gross to feel and thats why
i eating fish only from that deep lakes.

Crayfishes are now forbidden to collect by law but there is so much of these in a lake and in a night time with some strong light you
can collect 20 for 10 minutes,sweet taste as i was boil them in a beer and used a bit of butter....

But a good things are rare and becoming more rarer..

G`day Noyd

Yep .

View Image

View Image

Thanks for sharin

EB .

budsnblunts

Veteran
That fish looks like predator and predators are more tasty than those that eat veggies..

Must say Elmer you have right,i guess you haved bad luck with freshwater fish that was served to you,

few km from mine hacienda we have some gravel deep lakes,around 50 meters deep and there are a fish taste like those ones from clean sea,best quality possible as in this water there are
huge amounts of river crayfish and this beings cant swim in dirty
poluted waters.

Agree with you that muddy rivers give muddy tasting fishes as they filter lot of water thru gills and than this smell go under a skin and
its implemented in taste... i know its gross to feel and thats why
i eating fish only from that deep lakes.

Crayfishes are now forbidden to collect by law but there is so much of these in a lake and in a night time with some strong light you
can collect 20 for 10 minutes,sweet taste as i was boil them in a beer and used a bit of butter....

But a good things are rare and becoming more rarer..

We have fresh water crays here to man, same concept only live in fresh/clean water. Out trout taste good to, like the water they live in. I had a good laugh about how you said crayfish are forbidden then went onto saying how many you can get and how good they are in beer. AWESOME :artist:

Dog Star

Veteran
Didnt take much and only made this once to try them and that kids try them,so whole family was braking law altogether... must say that preservation laws i obey 100% usually..

or almost 100%... ;) LOL

budsnblunts

Veteran
Didnt take much and only made this once to try them and that kids try them,so whole family was braking law altogether... must say that preservation laws i obey 100% usually..

or almost 100%... ;) LOL

It can make things more interesting aye. I'm sneaking through the woods doing much the same. Doing it for the family is a better reason then any I think. Is it pretty populated where you live?

Dog Star

Veteran
Its a very populated area,thing is that those gravel lakes are not of some huge interest of people so no much folks know for fact that this lakes are full of crayfish...

as those that collected gravel was deepen and widen lake this lake was grow so much it left whithouth a shores,so there is no gradual and normal fall of shores but they are more vertical go in deepness of 30 meters just few meters from a shore,

vertical abyss full of different sized holes and this kind of shore is best for crayfishes as they can easily hide from fish predators that enjoy to chew them...

Was look and i founded data about lake that water is AAA quality,its not joke but i already many times drinked same water when i was thursty..

budsnblunts

Veteran
Its a very populated area,thing is that those gravel lakes are not of some huge interest of people so no much folks know for fact that this lakes are full of crayfish...

as those that collected gravel was deepen and widen lake this lake was grow so much it left whithouth a shores,so there is no gradual and normal fall of shores but they are more vertical go in deepness of 30 meters just few meters from a shore,

vertical abyss full of different sized holes and this kind of shore is best for crayfishes as they can easily hide from fish predators that enjoy to chew them...

Was look and i founded data about lake that water is AAA quality,its not joke but i already many times drinked same water when i was thursty..

Sounds like a nice place where you live. Why are there gravel lakes? were they old quarries or something? They sound scary hahaha.

Dog Star

Veteran
With those gravel they maded roads and lot of infrastructure... first time they started to dig
this gravel from pits was in 1943 when Nazi Germany was ruled here,

so they started to made avio-runways with this same gravel,we have all around our city lot of this old avio-runways and his leftovers....

here in mine city there was biggest Nazi avioport in that time but that airport was destroyed in American and UK bombing so very few signs left from that time,

mostly stripes and parts of runways..

Status
Not open for further replies.