What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Anything outdoors 2019 !!!

Phew, back online. Gotta say, for all the times I've freaked out over some impending weather system and chopped and regretted it... I finally called it correctly the other day - we got hit pretty hard, crazy wind and rain the other night. Thankfully I saw we were gonna be in for it and chopped.

:dance013: heres to getting it home brother.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Worked until 2am bringing in, trimming and racking the rest of my Trainwreck and Strawberry Cough. They can't take a lot of cold if they don't have breathing room. As outdoor crops, they're OK if they stay out of the shade and are trellised because branches are long and heavy as shit. Not suitable for a bulk gorilla crop I think, but with a bit of care in your yard they will be monsters.

I'm disappointed in the Trainwreck (Arcada parent) as a smoke, but the Strawberry Cough is just like the weed we use to get in the 70s. Smell and taste gave me a flashback of sitting in my 68 Chevelle at the donut shop. No, I didn't mix them up when I tagged them. lol

Finished picking the smaller bud this morning. Fresh Strawberry Cough bud smells EXACTLY like a Strawberry Milkshake. :) No shit.

picture.php

picture.php

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Question on seed ripening times for you guys... Plants were hit with feminized pollen around 2 weeks ago. How long til they should be ripe? Dropped the question in the search bar and got mixed answers. Obviously strain/variety is a factor.

In the past when using males they went the full 8 weeks and I got almost all dark seeds, lots of them. I know what to look for, just never kept track of when they were ready. Plants need to come down soon but these are my breeders and fully ripe seeds are my main priority for them.

Dankwolf

Question on seed ripening times for you guys... Plants were hit with feminized pollen around 2 weeks ago. How long til they should be ripe? Dropped the question in the search bar and got mixed answers. Obviously strain/variety is a factor.

In the past when using males they went the full 8 weeks and I got almost all dark seeds, lots of them. I know what to look for, just never kept track of when they were ready. Plants need to come down soon but these are my breeders and fully ripe seeds are my main priority for them.

I like it when you start to see seeds almost poping out . time,seems,to vary greatly by fertility if tge plant holding the seed . my less fertial plants seem to have seed ready before the more fertial girls . just a observation not proven .:tiphat:

As outdoor crops, they're OK if they stay out of the shade and are trellised because branches are long and heavy as shit. Not suitable for a bulk gorilla crop I think, but with a bit of care in your yard they will be monsters.]

Looks purdy Tyco -TW is just what i was remembering as being a right pain in the ass structure wise. Every time i came back theyred be ladies trailing branches on the ground mussing up their flowers. Dont think id grow it in the wilds again.

JST- I like 6-7 weeks if i can to get a nice dark tiger striped seed that will go the distance in storage. I read a lot of 4 weeks but that seems real quick to me.

I went 10 weeks last spring and actually had seeds germinating in the calyx after a rainstorm so for that strain at least it was too long.

St. Phatty

attachment.php

Indica leaning Blueberry Headband Cross @ 11= weeks

This one (knock on Wood) is very mold resistant. She is putting on more resin right at the end.

2 bigger plants left ~

attachment.php

Sativa on the left, Blue HB on the right.

attachment.php

Sativa buds.

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_095635_+__wholeplant.jpg
    IMG_20191017_095635_+__wholeplant.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20191016_112042_BUDZ.jpg
    IMG_20191016_112042_BUDZ.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20191016_114651_BUDZ.jpg
    IMG_20191016_114651_BUDZ.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20191016_114506_BUDZ.jpg
    IMG_20191016_114506_BUDZ.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20191016_111909_+_SAT.jpg
    IMG_20191016_111909_+_SAT.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 18

PDX Dopesmoker

This is 3 tall and skinny South African bagseed females said to be likely of Swazi origin growing in what must be very rootbound conditions. Its been raining for the past 4 days and I found stem rot starting at the top of the tallest one, so I took this photo before taking the top off it, hopefully whatever remains can stick around a few more weeks, but the two bigger ones are so faded and ready to die looking that I kinda doubt it.
6zlqOah.jpg

This is one of the purple dude's sisters. A late start in a small container and some rough weather is keeping her tiny, but hopefully doesn't prevent viable seeds from forming.
md6hK0q.jpg

St. Phatty

Awesome plants this year Phatty. Love your "pots". Lol

Thanks !

I think those are from the hardware store, $17 for the 32 gallon pot with wheels.

They now have 30 gallons of dirt in them. And it weighs about 15 pounds a gallon.

Not sure if I can wrestle 450 pounds of plant pot across a gravel driveway to the garage, to re-veg the best one.

Now Walmart sells the blue recycling bins for $11. Best deal I've seen for a 32 gallon pot. No wheels, but when they get heavy the wheels break anyway.

The incentive to leave them out, they're following in White Widow's footsteps & putting on last minute trichomes.

FINALLY, for the Sativa.

The daily mold inspection, mixing up the compost tea every morning, airing out the drying room twice a day with a box fan in the window, inspecting all the dry bud ... makes me feel like an obsessed pot grower. :woohoo:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

The daily mold inspection, mixing up the compost tea every morning, airing out the drying room twice a day with a box fan in the window, inspecting all the dry bud ... makes me feel like an obsessed pot grower. :woohoo:

Lol. I get the same feeling. I'm not visiting anyone. I made an exception for Thanksgiving up here.
I'm busy taking cuts and building a super cloner, so I'm enjoying OCDing on it. :D

I get those moving dollies would make it across your driveway :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
This is 3 tall and skinny South African bagseed females said to be likely of Swazi origin growing in what must be very rootbound conditions. Its been raining for the past 4 days and I found stem rot starting at the top of the tallest one, so I took this photo before taking the top off it, hopefully whatever remains can stick around a few more weeks, but the two bigger ones are so faded and ready to die looking that I kinda doubt it.
View Image

This is one of the purple dude's sisters. A late start in a small container and some rough weather is keeping her tiny, but hopefully doesn't prevent viable seeds from forming.
View Image

I love your methods. Growing that way ensures you have a huge variety of smoke for the year.... unless you smoke it all as soon as you pick it. Lol