What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Anything outdoors 2019 !!!

PDX Dopesmoker

This is a bunch of sticks all labeled and hanging in a row
6Dgb03Z.jpg

yardgrazer

I didn't spray in the past, I sprayed fairly liberally this year. Had some limited budrot in late flower, and a little PM here and there, have yet to see a lick of Botrytis which was the bane of my existence last year. Stopped spraying anything at a certain point without any real issues.

In the future I'd suggest you spray.

In other news, took down the purpling plant this morning because of the huge rain and wind storm we're supposed to get, gonna have to do most of my drying in an out-building, older daughter wouldn't stop complaining about the smell and asking what smelled like gas in the front hall this morning. Had hoped to hold out until early next week, but decided to cut my losses. Was definitely surprised by how heavy the buds were, was running out of room in my two hanging mesh bag contraptions.

PS: Was just looking at your other thread, sounds like we're operating in a similar grow environment. Not easy to fight off the mold!

St. Phatty

How's everyone been doing with the mold situation? Looks like it got me again this year...

Sort of enjoying it, actually.

I made the mistake of fast-drying but not inspecting the 2 buds that had a wisp of mold.

They were crispy dry (not super crispy, still had moisture for cure - and mold) when they went in the bag.

Lesson learned - dissect buds with mold, immediately, even if you have to cut them in half, and it's a nice big bud you don't want to cut in half.

Anyway, the molded buds smoke GREAT. Cured, not harsh.

The mold seems to cure them really fast.

I pick around the mold & smoke everything that looks like normal weed.

Then throw the moldy parts in the animals' food bucket so some lucky critter can tickle their cannabinoid receptors. :woohoo:

Now I'm inspecting EVERyTHiNG.

Tempted to finally cut down the best plant, supposed to have rain the next few days. & the whole plant is very perishable, very ready-to-mold.

Plus I want to re-gen her, nature permitting.

yardgrazer

Went and checked in on the plants I was growing for seed. Everything still looks good (I would be genuinely surprised if someone else has an outdoor grow within a half mile of me).

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
This Strawberry Cough smells and tastes EXACTLY like the stuff we used to get 45 years ago. No shit. I'm really tempted to say Mexican or Columbian brick. (We never had names for our weed)

Anyone know about Lineage? It's from an old Dutch Passion seed pack.

picture.php

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Yardgrazer, what would you reccomend I treat them with? Spraying plants with anything during flower has always been a personal no no with me, but with the amount of powdery mildew I'm seeing I will rethink all of that next season. Botrytis wasn't as bad as last year though, no complaints there.

I've selected around an ounce that was completely untouched by any mold. Buds look awesome... Tight/compact, completely dusted in trichs, totally reeks of dank and oranges. These will be my smoking buds. The rest will be made into edibles. Havent worked up the courage to smoke the moldy ones yet...

I try not to spray either JST but if its looking like its gonna be a tough year or swampy patches i hit them EARLY with some potassium bicarbonate product. Leaves a little salt deep in the buds after theyve stacked on some weight and helps a tonne. Can wash it out after harvest if your concerned but i cant ever taste it. Greenscure i think its called in your neck of the woods.

Shaking the plants out after rain or dew helps a bunch too but i dont have that sort of time.

St. Phatty

Shaking the plants out after rain or dew helps a bunch too but i dont have that sort of time.

Is this one of those circumstances where music can help the plants ?

ZZ Top at 140 dB to help shake the music off the leaves.

I took a break from the outdoor plants to fix the Erosion Fix in the creek.

2 years ago the creek turned into a river and started washing away the driveway.

That can be downright inconvenient.

I gave the plants a good shake and am looking to see if the sun comes out.

If it doesn't, I might run an extension cord out there and run a fan and dry off the one plant I'm watching for mold. The plant on the right that is drooping.

I'm beginning to think that branches shearing off is actually a Survival Trait for some plants.

Those buds are more likely to wash away or to get dragged away and partly eaten by some animal. They especially like the seeded buds.

If the plant just stands there erect with no bud droop, how do the seeds get distributed ? Just fall off the plant and you have 10,000 volunteers. Which is a Sunday buffet, once they sprout, & attracts eaters of sprouts.

Does the plant breaking up into pieces because of heavy bud droop, shearing off branches - is that good for survival, more Darwin-ish and all that ?

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_094137-creek.jpg
    IMG_20191017_094137-creek.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20191017_095635_+__wholeplant.jpg
    IMG_20191017_095635_+__wholeplant.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 26
ZZTop is my preference but a leaf blower might be more practical :).

From my own f ups with standard seed when i was a youngin I know weeds naturally pretty invasive to water courses flood plains and streamlines. 'Invasive' until the locals hear bout the wild weed valley. There goes that spot but it was fun for a while. I wonder if a healthy seed can make it through a critters digestion. Used to work for a water treament plant and was amazing how many vegies would crop up in biosolids. Tomatoes especially.

I think with all the focus on flowering lots of lines have been bred to the detriment of structure too. I only know a handful of strain that you can push with plenty of nutes and water and expect to bear its own weight.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I took down a couple LA Confidentials this evening. They are pretty heavy and have some nice colors. The photos in this light don't do it Justice.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice Afghani Mocha aroma

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I think with all the focus on flowering lots of lines have been bred to the detriment of structure too. I only know a handful of strain that you can push with plenty of nutes and water and expect to bear its own weight.
Very true. Domestic cannabis produces flowers that are insanely huge, that would never reach that size or would quickly be lost in the wild. I think of it like a set of HHH knockers. Fun to look at but there's no way that happened on its own. Stalk and branch thickness are very good attributes to have on an outdoor plant, one advantage to some Indicas.

yardgrazer

Phew, back online. Gotta say, for all the times I've freaked out over some impending weather system and chopped and regretted it... I finally called it correctly the other day - we got hit pretty hard, crazy wind and rain the other night. Thankfully I saw we were gonna be in for it and chopped.