What's new

Any "clone only" strains in Canada

Tynehead Tom

Not sure chimera ever divulged the provenance of the Gsc s1 he released...I'am going to s2 them though..should be interesting.

from what I gather from his posts on the subject, he rounded up all the "gsc" cuts he could find out there and then DNA tested them against genuine cookie family product. The cut chosen for the chimera cookies s1 was a match to the cookie fam dna. that's my understanding anyways and I was under the impression that it was the forum cut but I could be wrong.

In the past 24 months, using a friends garden, we have sourced and run every cookie cut we could find in BC and Ontario. Not a single one of those cuts resembles the current forum cut I have here. Waiting on the Chimera cookies S1 seeds to arrive and will run them beside the forum cut I have. I pulled a thin mint pheno out of a pack of OJSDKB f2 which appears identical to the "thin mint cookies" I see posted on the net. If I was unscrupulous I could simply tag the clones "thin mint cookies" and no one in BC here would be the wiser LOL A lot of that shit going around in Canada these days but not from my garden ;)

Tynehead Tom

I hate posting wrong info so.... I was just cruising thru some of Chimera's posts on the GSC s1. Can't find where he calls the cut anything but "original gsc". And I may be incorrect about "dna" testing, seems a gas chromatograph was used. Regardless , chimera's S1 is claimed to have the exact same chemical profile as the original GSC from the cookie family.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Pretty sure he has the forum cut.

Based on what exactly? You just feelin' it HMK?

A couple of Canadian "forum cuts" on their way to me now... but the clone I used was selected by chemoical fingerprint, not by name.

Any plant can be renamed 'cookies', but the chemical fingerprint is a distinctive characteristic of the cultivar.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Someone must have been saying that, both me and Tom thought that for some reason, pretty sure it was posted on this forum at some point by somebody or other.

So you dont know if you have the forum cut or not...?

hunh, interesting, not what I would have expected..

The original forum cut is not just something else re-named.

Nader

Veteran
i'm gonna pop my reservation labs GSC seeds pretty soon, i heard good things about them. started some shave ice from rado, should be interesting to see what kind of plants come out of sherbet x ogkb x fpog. hopefully some that yield more than an oz in a 7gal

so far, i like my blue lime pie keeper more than any cookies ive smoked
(but it's still no red lime)

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Based on what exactly? You just feelin' it HMK?

A couple of Canadian "forum cuts" on their way to me now... but the clone I used was selected by chemoical fingerprint, not by name.

Any plant can be renamed 'cookies', but the chemical fingerprint is a distinctive characteristic of the cultivar.

Based on the story you've told, I assume you have Berner and crews cut which is the Thin Mint cut.

As far as the forum and platinum being from seed from that plant, that's just the best story I've heard in both cases. Although I've also heard Platinum is a GSC dominant hybrid. Either way your seeds are fire.

Tynehead Tom

hmmmm we can add Fire Alien Kush to the clone list..... well, it's not a clone only..... but from legit lines so probably not to common up here in Canada. Buddy I gave my 3 mom's too just released 3 trays to a few LMZ growers. Can't wait to see how long it takes Purplelazerlite and Fire Alien to make there way around..... :D

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Someone must have been saying that, both me and Tom thought that for some reason, pretty sure it was posted on this forum at some point by somebody or other.

Well I guess if someone posted it online, then it must be true! :rolleyes:

As one can see, people make assumptions and then post their assumptions online as if they were facts, and then folks repeat and repost those assumptions and we're collectively all the more ignorant for it (see the HMK example).

I purposely wrote very clearly what the selection and screening processes were, so people were crystal clear on what they were getting.

So you dont know if you have the forum cut or not...?

hunh, interesting, not what I would have expected..

:laughing:
This is exactly how these assumptions/ rumors get started. Did you ever see me post that this cut was or wasn't named 'Forum'?

Did it ever cross your mind that of all the cookies cuts I collected, that 2 or more different plants came tagged "the forum cut"?
Which one was the "real deal"? As different plants, they couldn't each be the authentic "forum cut", now could they? So how could anybody verify which cutting was authentically "the forum cut", when no authentic reference sample existed? You may trust the honesty of the person that gave you the cut, but how can you trust the person who gave it to them, or in turn the person that gave it to them?

This is why we don't chase names and then simply assume we obtained the real thing. The rename for profit game is a game that has been going on for years and years, this is a game we are well aware of. This is why I use the chemical fingerprint of the cultivar as ID rather than a name somebody has passed - one can be sure of the chemical fingerprint if you have a reference sample to compare to. A name is just a name, and clone identity theft is rampant.

The original forum cut is not just something else re-named.

Maybe not, but how can anybody (that has never seen or smoked coookies) be sure that what they are passed, named forum, is authentic? Isn't this exactly why there are pounds and pounds of fake 'cookies' floating on the BC market? I think so....

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What was the name of the cut you referenced to?

;) Sorry, had to. The devil inside. As I said before it looks like great seed stock no matter if you called it Fartjuice.

who's hatin'?

No hate fam? F'real f'real? Yeah brah

mack 10

Veteran
from what I gather from his posts on the subject, he rounded up all the "gsc" cuts he could find out there and then DNA tested them against genuine cookie family product. The cut chosen for the chimera cookies s1 was a match to the cookie fam dna. that's my understanding anyways and I was under the impression that it was the forum cut but I could be wrong.

In the past 24 months, using a friends garden, we have sourced and run every cookie cut we could find in BC and Ontario. Not a single one of those cuts resembles the current forum cut I have here. Waiting on the Chimera cookies S1 seeds to arrive and will run them beside the forum cut I have. I pulled a thin mint pheno out of a pack of OJSDKB f2 which appears identical to the "thin mint cookies" I see posted on the net. If I was unscrupulous I could simply tag the clones "thin mint cookies" and no one in BC here would be the wiser LOL A lot of that shit going around in Canada these days but not from my garden ;)

I hate posting wrong info so.... I was just cruising thru some of Chimera's posts on the GSC s1. Can't find where he calls the cut anything but "original gsc". And I may be incorrect about "dna" testing, seems a gas chromatograph was used. Regardless , chimera's S1 is claimed to have the exact same chemical profile as the original GSC from the cookie family.

So many Cookies...
I was watching a bubble man vid the other day,
In the vid Bman goes to a ganja shop
Somewhere im bc I think. Anyway even this shop had Cookies, Berner Cookies, 09 cookies, Gorilla Cookies.... So funny.

Every man an his dog has the cookies,
But my cut is super dooper, best ever,number 1,
Oh super cookies! It even comes with a certificate.

Honest.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Well I guess if someone posted it online, then it must be true! :rolleyes:

As one can see, people make assumptions and then post their assumptions online as if they were facts, and then folks repeat and repost those assumptions and we're collectively all the more ignorant for it (see the HMK example).

I purposely wrote very clearly what the selection and screening processes were, so people were crystal clear on what they were getting.

:laughing:
This is exactly how these assumptions/ rumors get started. Did you ever see me post that this cut was or wasn't named 'Forum'?

Did it ever cross your mind that of all the cookies cuts I collected, that 2 or more different plants came tagged "the forum cut"?
Which one was the "real deal"? As different plants, they couldn't each be the authentic "forum cut", now could they? So how could anybody verify which cutting was authentically "the forum cut", when no authentic reference sample existed? You may trust the honesty of the person that gave you the cut, but how can you trust the person who gave it to them, or in turn the person that gave it to them?

This is why we don't chase names and then simply assume we obtained the real thing. The rename for profit game is a game that has been going on for years and years, this is a game we are well aware of. This is why I use the chemical fingerprint of the cultivar as ID rather than a name somebody has passed - one can be sure of the chemical fingerprint if you have a reference sample to compare to. A name is just a name, and clone identity theft is rampant.

Maybe not, but how can anybody (that has never seen or smoked coookies) be sure that what they are passed, named forum, is authentic? Isn't this exactly why there are pounds and pounds of fake 'cookies' floating on the BC market? I think so....

yo, Tom said it first, why y'all trying to pick on only me, and we both read it first somewhere else obviously; and what ever happened to those free beans you promised? :laughing:

Golden Tree

What was the chosen cut referenced to?

I'm curious...if it's been stated before I apologize...

And is the original caretaker aware of the S1 release..

I'm really looking forward to running these..

Thanks Canadian Brethren!

Hugs

GT

I'm about to start a 5 pack

Golden Tree

I sometimes don't look where I am posting...

And it seems this great GREAT thread has gotten off track

My apologies to everyone...As well as Chimera...(no need to reply here)

Carry on...

GT