What's new

Any "clone only" strains in Canada

S

sourpuss

Anyone recognize this one? Was given to me from a pretty heavy crew in Van as Purple Kush with small chance it is a mislabeled Green Crack. Not familiar with Green Crack but never noticed this kind of unique bud structure in the purple kush nugs I have scored over the years. Bomb looking cut regardless.[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69939&pictureid=1665689&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Looks like the headband cut from ontario... actually the headband would be larger... this cut looks familiar tho. Almost too familiar. Pretty small yield..

mazar_man

It's funny Sourpuss one of the reasons I questioned whether this was actually BC PK is because it grows so much like the US kushes (OG,GSC etc.) It is actually growing beside a couple of Ghost OG crosses and def some similarities in bud structure. Then again Ontario imo is way worse for mislabeled cuts than BC wouldn't surprise me one bit if plain ol PK was going around under the headband banner.

Bmac1

Veteran
Just got my hands on what im told is green crack, sfv og and ubc chemo. I hope they are real but i wouldnt bet on it yet.

mazar_man

@Bmac1 Doesn't really matter if they are real.. as long as you or whoever you grow them for like it. Jealous on that UBC Chemo, been hunting that one for prob a decade.��

Nader

Veteran
MZIgdvU.jpg

some red lime made it out of my head stash and is floating around BC, hope you enjoy

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
I'll try to get (before winter) a "la fresita" cut of Shishkaberry !!!

Finger cross. huh

S

sourpuss

Looks kinda like the pk we had. But ours didnt stretch out the tops as much and had that rounded crown top. If your pic was cropped closer it would look more pk but id say thats a pk hybrid.... not sure why i thought headband when i saw it... personaly dont like the ontario pk cut. Aa meds at best. Low ceiling...

Id say the top of the bud looks classic pk. The rest looks more og like you said. The "headband" cut my buddy has isnt real imo... no sour d imo....

rykus

Looks more like the pink kush/ tuna kush line to me....

the purple gets rounder nugs and would be dark purple with the feed you used...

looks like feeed was low or heavy in K and then got a heavy feed or unlocked at day 40-50..

not enough purple to be the MKultra that goes around here IMO...

secrets to kush are use more perlite, feed less K and try and dry em out every weeek just enough they dont wilt... lots of cal/mg but if they bind up from Mg it will hurt roots too, so if they ever dont drink for more than 2 days(surface at least dry) then flush with proper flushing stuff or gypsum...

mazar_man

Thanks Rykus! Running Advanced Connoiseur with Big Bud then Overdrive peaked out at about 1.5 EC mostly at 1.3 EC don't think they were over or under fed as the runoff was right on point. Have a feeling I will like it regardless, just wanted to see whether I should still be trying to hunt down a PK or not. Source crew is Sechelt area and the PK bud I have puffed from them always seemed to be a bit different (better imo) than most of what is around. Here is a few more pics at day 50.

mazar_man

Snagged these Purple Kush nugs few weeks ago from a dispensary in Van.. this was more what I was expecting bud formation wise. Killer deep lavender flavour tones and super narcotic high. Nug in second pic is cut in half btw. Favourit batch of PK to date.

Last edited:

rykus

The old purple cut still floats around Sechelt/Sunshine Coast, but last I saw was called SS...

That looks like the pink kush cut we get usually still IMO, and yes she is the strongest gassiest and a bit hardier than the other kushes I've tried.

Looks very nice!

mazar_man

Thanks Rykus, Got a chance to puff a bit and for sure this is one of prominent Purple Kush cuts.. tastes dead on for most of what I have smoked. Loud as fuck and tastes great all the way to the filter.

mazar_man

I still can't understand why none of the dispensaries have started selling cuts.. you can have lb's of weed and shatter behind the counter but too scared to sell a few cuts??

diffusing

what I've been told from a couple dispensary owners wrt cuts.. its the the fear of bugs/hermies and returns/reputation... even if you sell clean cuts, you never know about the car ride home/their existing environment.. or other factors.. including growers that dont know wtf they are doing and either kill or hermie the plants and cry on facebook or whatever. i bought cuts from a dispensary once in toronto years ago (aliendawg and mtrl chemo), and got a really mean batch of mites and some fungus gnats as a bonus. i didn't bother to ask for a refund, but that was the last time i would ever do biz with that place, or even consider getting cuts from a dispensary. I'm still quite spiteful about the entire thing tbh. at least in toronto those are some of the fears, its not fear of the law..... its all about the money.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Selling cuts you're begging for unhappy customers. Due to the bug factor. Plus some people suck at growing. I only sell cuts to people I know who will grow them out properly personally.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
what I've been told from a couple dispensary owners wrt cuts.. its the the fear of bugs/hermies and returns/reputation... even if you sell clean cuts, you never know about the car ride home/their existing environment.. or other factors.. including growers that dont know wtf they are doing and either kill or hermie the plants and cry on facebook or whatever. i bought cuts from a dispensary once in toronto years ago (aliendawg and mtrl chemo), and got a really mean batch of mites and some fungus gnats as a bonus. i didn't bother to ask for a refund, but that was the last time i would ever do biz with that place, or even consider getting cuts from a dispensary. I'm still quite spiteful about the entire thing tbh. at least in toronto those are some of the fears, its not fear of the law..... its all about the money.

next time just take a close look. If there is a mite on a plant you can find it usually. even eggs are visible.

and before anyone tries to call bullshit, I have eradicated mites before, with no pesticides: just through visual inspection daily for weeks, and low amounts of foliage.

Tynehead Tom

next time just take a close look. If there is a mite on a plant you can find it usually. even eggs are visible.

and before anyone tries to call bullshit, I have eradicated mites before, with no pesticides: just through visual inspection daily for weeks, and low amounts of foliage.

100% agree man. Mites are easy to "spot" (pun intended) and the bright white egg clusters even easier with a leaf inspection. Mites are an easy one for experienced growers. I remember the days of dipping plants in Vendex solution or diazonon and a few others I can't remember their names. Man if I only knew then what I know now LOL
I'm finding thrips to be a cacksucker and am going to have to resort to the spinosads or the sm90 or some shit. Everytime I wipe them out with canola/pyrethrum sprays and am at a happy place...... they show up with pretty much every new bale of sunshine 4. I've confirmed it by breaking a bale into a giant clear hefty garbage bag and letting it sit sealed in a room at 20C for a week. Opened the bag and what do you know, several adult thrips flew from the bag.

but mites are easy.

I think LP's and dispensaries don't sell cuts because of their own perceived exclusivity to that particular cut. The logic would be that if "their" cut got out, the black market grows would eventually take away from "their" cut's market. Just my thoughts on that and pretty much the same situation that has followed prestigious cuts in the past amongst growers in general. This freely passing around of top shelf cuts is a thing born of the internet and the free the weed movement itself. A good thing in my books :tiphat:

stonedfly

every time I grab clones from my local cutting house they have bugs...

I just dip in azamax once... and spray with spinosad twice... bugs gone