What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

Sundog

Mozambiquen poison

Mozambiquen poison

Here's Mozambiquen poison #6 almost 3 weeks into flower

Attachments

• IMG_3819.jpg
    IMG_3819.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3821.jpg
    IMG_3821.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG 20170501 191548
    IMG 20170501 191548
    62.3 KB · Views: 50

lowridersa

Thought of sharing this beautiful african sativa. Harvested her yesterday after being gifted it by a friend, great grower. Sadly did not take a picture of the other amazing strains that have since been harvested. But here is a Lesotho highlands strain, spindly plant with loads of small dense lime green nugs. Not much of a smell at the moment but I am sure after a good dry and some curing the smoking will be tops.

lesothohighlands1-scaled.jpg

lesothohighlands-scaled.jpg

Quiet cool to get a mention on SoftSecrets too.

Tangwena

Veteran
Mulanje x Malawi x Ethiopian (Ace)

Mulanje x Malawi x Ethiopian (Ace)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
Heres a Mulanje x Malawi x Ethiopian (Male)
takes after the Malawi x Ethiopian except the smell is a mix of wild honey (Mulanje) and sweet floral Malawi x Ethiopian.
Exceptional aroma and the more mature calyx are turning blue not purple as I have seen before.
I cant wait to cure this but its got another 2 or 3 weeks to go yet its going to be a good yield when I take her at 12 weeks in a 2 weeks time.
Also some pics of Mulanje gold bud from a small clone bud on a stick to compare.

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
Wow Tangwena! If that doesn't look like a giant octopus rising out of the depths, nothing does. Can't wait to hear the smoke/cob report on this one.

Tangwena

Veteran
Wow Tangwena! If that doesn't look like a giant octopus rising out of the depths, nothing does. Can't wait to hear the smoke/cob report on this one.
Me too from the looks and smell its going to be very very other worldly.
It seems to be getting sexier by the day as the calyx mature and turn blue the smell gets more refined I can only dream of the cured smell.
Not long to go now.

Tangwena

Veteran
Mulanje x Malawi / Ethiopian (Ace)

Mulanje x Malawi / Ethiopian (Ace)

The calyx turning blue it looks purple but to the naked eye its blue.
Once the plants are harvested in a couple of weeks I will get a better shot.

picture.php

Sundog

Great looking plants Tangwena, have you tried pure Ethiopian? If how is it?

Here's my Mozambiquen poison #6 almost 6 weeks into flower.

Attachments

• IMG_3872.jpg
    IMG_3872.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3873.jpg
    IMG_3873.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3874.jpg
    IMG_3874.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3875.jpg
    IMG_3875.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 25

Tangwena

Veteran
Great looking plants Tangwena, have you tried pure Ethiopian? If how is it?

Here's my Mozambiquen poison #6 almost 6 weeks into flower.
Hi my friend nice looking Mozambique as well. I grew one female I got from a single seed a few years ago I wish I had the time to grow more it was a beautiful plant with very interesting aroma and effects. I crossed it to Swazi but never got around to growing the seeds due to space restrictions.
I would have loved to try the pure Ethiopian as well. I have Ghana seeds as well to try but no time or space same old problem so many seeds so little time/space.
Rather than chase my tail I decided to just grow a half dozen strains on rotation and close my ears and eyes to all the temptation sites like this bring up with all the members beautiful work on exotic strains it is just mind blowing.
Took down some Mulanje from a clone I had growing. It was taken from an outdoor plant that was showing pre flowers.
So it didn't grow much turned into a bud on a stick under LED on 10/14.
Nice fat buds though should make a nice fat cob of Mulanje triipy laughing grass.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

RED 1

With the addition of those beautiful buds,feels like Africa my dear friend Tang :)
I think you'll thoroughly enjoy my african lady
:)
One month's cure

Attachments

• IMG_20200515_155208.jpg
    IMG_20200515_155208.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200516_002348.jpg
    IMG_20200516_002348.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20200516_002530.jpg
    IMG_20200516_002530.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 34

Tangwena

Veteran
With the addition of those beautiful buds,feels like Africa my dear friend Tang :)
I think you'll thoroughly enjoy my african lady
:)
One month's cure
Have you managed to find out its heritage not that it matters but it would be cool to know where such a fine plant came from.
That is just the type of plant I like nice fat buds and not many leaves.
I can just imagine the smell as sweet sticky pine my favorite type of African bud ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
Mulanje x Malawi x Ethiopian (Aces)

Mulanje x Malawi x Ethiopian (Aces)

I took one of the branches I couldn't help myself there are still 5 left to go a couple of weeks more.
Not a bad yield for a cabinet with only 3 foot of headroom ha ha.
The LED panels seem to be good the flowers love the light spectrum.

picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Dang Tangwena, looks like you are holding the base of a tornado - beautiful!
Early very early testing the high is fast hitting and the only way I can describe it uncured is like having 2 good lines and a hooker ha ha very very euphoric.

HAZENACIOUS

Hi Tangwena,
Great thread.
I lived in Africa for a number of years, while I was there, I managed to save seeds from some of the better varieties I came across. I had a special source, a bouncer from a bar that I used to frequent. Anyway what he was getting was not like the local stuff, and it was always different. My source said the stuff was from all over, that's why Everytime I got it from him it was different.
Managed to bring some seeds back, popped some of them, they were pretty old, but got a couple exceptional females, one of them is pictured below. It has some of the largest trichomes I have seen outside my hazes. I grew the first plant out small and got cuts and seeds off it. Does not look typical of Africans I have grown out before.

What do you make of it?
Thanks

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts