What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

Tangwena

Veteran
Waiting for my main man

Waiting for my main man

Mulanje mountain Malawi then some Mulanje I have growing now just into flower, then another view west from Mulanje the drier side.
The East faces Mozambique coastal plain lots of rain.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Aces Malawi x Ethiopian x Mulanje

Aces Malawi x Ethiopian x Mulanje

4 to 5 weeks of flowering and looking very Malawi x Ethiopian like its mother.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Plants look awesome Tangwena, hope your holding up ok. How long you think they'll flower for?
Hi my friend the only good thing about the virus is I have to stay home and watch the plants flower ha ha.
Usually 12 to 14 weeks flowering by the time it comes to harvest they will be needing support big time.
I thought this plant was Mulanje but after rechecking the name on the packet of seeds its a cross Aces Malawi/Ethiopian x Mulanje.
The mother was the Malawi/Ethiopian the father Mulanje.
So far its all MxE in looks and smell although it does seem to have increased the vigor in the flowering dept ha ha should be some big ass colas by the time its finished.
I made so many seeds pure Mulanje, MxE x Mulanje, Mulanje x M x E.
I had 2 phenos of Malawi x Ethiopia and pollinated them both with Mulanje and then the other way round as well ha ha.
There both killer strains and all African so they have got to be good.
The M x E is rocket fuel and the Mulanje is instant high as well looking forward to trying these big time.
I have some pure Mulanje clones just colas on a stick flowering as well.
I will post pics later as they fill out.

Tangwena

Veteran
Mulanje x Malawi Gold 7 weeks flowering

Mulanje x Malawi Gold 7 weeks flowering

Malawi x Ethiopian x Mulanje pheno

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

F2F

Mmmmm. Mouthwatering Tang. I can see a “golden cob” already. :dance013: looks fast for 7wks.

Be interested in seeing the final stages in this one for sure. Great work as usual!

Cheers
F2F

Tangwena

Veteran
March 12th

March 12th

Mmmmm. Mouthwatering Tang. I can see a “golden cob” already. :dance013: looks fast for 7wks.

Be interested in seeing the final stages in this one for sure. Great work as usual!

Cheers
F2F
Yes its flowered very fast heres a pic of the plant on March 12th.
It hadn't got much smell until the last 2 weeks now it smells all Malawi with a touch of wild honey it will def have power.
I was worried early on at the low odor but now its getting classy.

picture.php

RED 1

Jazz Plant Christiania Seedbank

Jazz Plant Christiania Seedbank

African Sativa IBL
Day 58
Breeder has given me a flowering time of 62 to 70 days
Getting there
:)

Last edited:

RED 1

Reminds me of a strain called Swazi Safari from Flying Dutchman seeds years ago by the looks nice and early for sure.

Hi T. :)
She's an enigma soon to be tested.Once I'm done will get in touch with breeder, and,either now or September the latest, should have origin of strain.Has been an easy grow,and others might want to try her
Thanks,and keep coming with your beautiful grows

Last edited:

ttugamer

Greetings from South Africa. I'm actually from Colorado but visiting a friend here in SA and currently stuck here due to all the travel bans and everything going on. Definitely not complaining.

Just recently had a taste of some African weed and its like nothing I've ever experienced from all the OGs, Cookies, Chem, etc. seen in the shops in Colorado.

First of all, the smell doesn't even register as cannabis to me, its so different from what I'm used to. It's spicy/peppery(black pepper), with some mint, earth/musk, and possibly some thyme or another spice/herb that I can't put my finger on. It's incredibly complex.

The taste/flavor is very unique as well, it almost reminds me of the cheap cigars from gas stations I used to smoke when I was younger. Doesn't sound appealing but it is, it has almost an aged tobacco flavor.

I got this bag from one of the farm workers in a small mountain town in the province of Mpumalanga. Does anyone here know what region this strain might be from or have you had something that tastes or smells similar? Here's some pics:

VYiN2kg

It has very thin/wispy buds, and is mostly seeds. It looks like crap but the smoke is great and a completely different effect compared to the OGs and weed that I'm used to. For reference, here's the last weed I picked up in Colorado before I left a few months back, some MAC. It looks great but I'd take this African weed over it any day:

plwFLoj

I will come back with a better smoke report once I have time to get to know it better, but so far I can describe it as energizing but not in a jittery/caffeine way, more motivational. It also shifts my perspective and familiar things look unfamiliar and colors/light seem slightly altered. Very fun weed.

ttugamer

EDIT: trying to get pictures to work

Greetings from South Africa. I'm actually from Colorado but visiting a friend here in SA and currently stuck here due to all the travel bans and everything going on. Definitely not complaining.

Just recently had a taste of some African weed and its like nothing I've ever experienced from all the OGs, Cookies, Chem, etc. seen in the shops in Colorado.

First of all, the smell doesn't even register as cannabis to me, its so different from what I'm used to. It's spicy/peppery(black pepper), with some mint, earth/musk, and possibly some thyme or another spice/herb that I can't put my finger on. It's incredibly complex.

The taste/flavor is very unique as well, it almost reminds me of the cheap cigars from gas stations I used to smoke when I was younger. Doesn't sound appealing but it is, it has almost an aged tobacco flavor.

I got this bag from one of the farm workers in a small mountain town in the province of Mpumalanga. Does anyone here know what region this strain might be from or have you had something that tastes or smells similar? Here's some pics:

View Image

It has very thin/wispy buds, and is mostly seeds. It looks like crap but the smoke is great and a completely different effect compared to the OGs and weed that I'm used to. For reference, here's the last weed I picked up in Colorado before I left a few months back, some MAC. It looks great but I'd take this African weed over it any day:

View Image

I will come back with a better smoke report once I have time to get to know it better, but so far I can describe it as energizing but not in a jittery/caffeine way, more motivational. It also shifts my perspective and familiar things look unfamiliar and colors/light seem slightly altered. Very fun weed.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• IMG_2418.jpg
    IMG_2418.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2419.jpg
    IMG_2419.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2420.jpg
    IMG_2420.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 26

Tangwena

Veteran
That looks like your average farm grown local weed you can get all over Africa the effects you mention are pretty standard as well.
Not knocking it though its your first foray into African weed after all glad your enjoying it I used to when I lived there many years ago.
There is much better weed there my friend but like all things you need to know someone.
You may bump into some while your stuck there if you do you will be even more impressed than you are already. Totally agree with you the effect is fun and its good time weed.
Best of luck my friend get into it while you can.