What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

funkyhorse

I dont know if this the right thread to post this but it is a very interesting article on what is going on in Lesotho today, some food for thought specially on the prices.

If the cost for canadian corpos is 0.93u$s a gram, they should close business, other parts of the world can easily provide the same quality goods for at least half price or less if cannabis markets would be open for free trade

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...ngdom-of-lesotho-wants-to-export-its-cannabis

It seems the world is approaching medicinal CBD cannabis as the banana of the 21st century and numbers being thrown are in the territory of fantasy.

Have a happy Xmas and welcome to the 3rd decade of the 21st century!!

Sundog

Mozambiquen poison #6

Mozambiquen poison #6

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=516537&stc=1&d=1578613714
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=516539&stc=1&d=1578613714
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=516538&stc=1&d=1578613714
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=516540&stc=1&d=1578613714

Attachments

• IMG_3557.jpg
    IMG_3557.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3558.jpg
    IMG_3558.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3560.jpg
    IMG_3560.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3562.jpg
    IMG_3562.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 25

Sundog

Mozambiquen poison #1

Mozambiquen poison #1

Mozambiquen poison #1 dried bud and
MP #1 X MP #3 seeds.

Attachments

• IMG_3563.jpg
    IMG_3563.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3565.jpg
    IMG_3565.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 32

Sundog

The first 3 pics are MP #6 at harvest ( 12+ weeks). The last pic is of MP #1 for comparison of the two phenos main cola.

Attachments

• IMG_3518.jpg
    IMG_3518.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3581.jpg
    IMG_3581.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3583.jpg
    IMG_3583.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3582.jpg
    IMG_3582.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 22

Sundog

Thanks guys, didn't need to reveg, I keep two mothers MP #1 & 6 and two males MP#3 & 7 from the same pack. I plan on working this Mozambiquen poison line for a bit. Their effects are great and definitely have potential but I feel their THC % needs to be increased to make her really shine. @bobmarley99

clearheaded

What you're describing is feral cannabis, landrace cannabis is something different. To take it straight from the dictionary a landrace is a domesticated, locally adapted,[1][2][3] traditional variety[4] of a species of animal or plant that has developed over time, through adaptation to its natural and cultural environment of agriculture and pastoralism, and due to isolation from other populations of the species.[1] Landraces are generally distinguished from cultivars, and from breeds in the standardized sense, although the term landrace breed is sometimes used as distinguished from the term standardized breed when referring to cattle.

The plants in your pictures look like African landrace to me, lovely. You're right about the local landrace genetics being comparatively low in THC, high in other cannabinoids. I'm sure there's quite a bit of Afghan genetics from Europe entering the region, they get watered down by all the thousands of local landrace males so after a few generations they're indistinguishable from the local strains. Unless the grower purposely pollinates with his best males every year and keeps the strain fresh it's always going to revert to more of a landrace form.

Too bad about losing the Durban from the area, that was a great strain. I know there's people that still have it but not in the way it was in the past. I think poor breeding practices played a big role, like I described above. Unless you select the best males with the 'Durban smell and look' eventually it gets watered down and disappears. You need thousands and thousands of true Durban plants grown every year to maintain the strain.

think your confusing a few things, if domesticated grown in agriculture waysits a cultivar.. if you select for "Durban" traits that is in fact breeding and is not a landrace. Landraces tend to have MAJOR variation and cannot be described as 1 smell or structure and more like 100+ pheno or chemo types. and you go on to say need 1000s to select for Durban traits? the narrower you select from the less variation in the seeds. having 1000 males will certainly make the variety more "watered down" ie higher variation and less plants that have exact "Durban smell". sorta confusing preserving all the genetics VS a few pheno s what you have come to know as "Durban" ie Mel franks selection from some African farmers heirloom selections. and if select 1000 males all of same or similar pheno one is narrowing the "landrace" so it is no longer a landrace no matter how many numbers one grows.

you would have to collect 1000s of wild plants to collect many seeds from to get a large slice of the whole genetic variation. and once made selections off that population it is no longer a landrace but developing a cultivar.

if cultivated in an area for a long time and selected(passively or not) overtime for certain traits this is what is known as a heirloom variety which is not a landrace.

kinda just semantics buut kinda not ;)

I am sure chimera could clear it up but haven't seen him around much since Canada legalized..

Sundog

Mozambiquen poison #3 male

Mozambiquen poison #3 male

Don't mind His look, I'm deal with thrips in the root zone I'll post more pics when they look better.

Attachments

• IMG_3616.jpg
    IMG_3616.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3617.jpg
    IMG_3617.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3618.jpg
    IMG_3618.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 25

Sundog

Mozambiquen poison #1 female

Mozambiquen poison #1 female

She's the better yielding pheno but not as potent as MP#6

Attachments

• IMG_3619.jpg
    IMG_3619.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 19
  • P 20161215 225544[1]
    P 20161215 225544[1]
    57.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3622.jpg
    IMG_3622.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 26

Sundog

looks the goods there Sunny, maybe blood and bone/potassium sulphate as amendments next time?

:tiphat:

Thanks Mota, yeah their in need of some TLC for sure. I keep them bonsai style but I'm going to start them over due to thrips in the root zone. I drenched them with Spinosad, that burned them up a bit. Their very beautiful when healthy.

Latest posts

Latest posts