What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

Rastafarout

Going to run a few packs of CBG durban. Any preference on a strong durban poison from seed? It is slim pickings and seemingly everything is too hybrid for my liking. I had a 14-16 week durban about 8 years ago that is my unicorn now. The cut is long gone but I got that and kali mist the same day, durban finished after the kali and man.....Il never forget that plant.

Great stuff farout! Love folks working the real lines.

Cheers man CodeyP , it's not really possible to say from a sprought
But Durbans are quick and lanky , spicy stem smells .. So I would choose for those among them
But you really need to be sure on their heritage , the surer you know they true , the less guessing.

there's many DP phenos floating about , each different and most of them , far from looking like the real thing
Some from being crossed and others just plain fake...

14 weeks is about average I had some go 18 weeks , some 11 weeks
That's more than likely due to the other African genetics present
and the Terroir it came from
The real Durban poison have small , really small , tight lime green nugs
With slight mint (some call it pine) , spicey , aniseed like with hints of eucalyptus mild clove ....burnt ...earth
Ok I Will stop now hahaa getting carried away here
Never had Kali mist myself

CodyPomeray

I got 30 durban from cannabiogen I am going to grab parents from. Not sure how pure their offerings are, but I couldnt find anything much better in the US. Thinking 2 males 3 females to get some seed stock then select down from there. I will remember what you have said to look for, as you seem to know exactly what is what.

Easy strain to get carried away over once you have had some of the real deal. That taste, I have such vivid while also faint memories of it. Just filled the room with a smell I have yet to find again.

Thanks brotha, much love from across the pond.

Rastafarout

Thanks Tanuki , here's a seeded Durban apex bud so bigger

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Rastafarout

Those are smallish seeds so you can probably guage with just looking

Here's a lower bud different pheno , you can see the green colour

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 21

Tanuki416

Cheers man CodeyP , it's not really possible to say from a sprought
But Durbans are quick and lanky , spicy stem smells .. So I would choose for those among them
But you really need to be sure on their heritage , the surer you know they true , the less guessing.

there's many DP phenos floating about , each different and most of them , far from looking like the real thing
Some from being crossed and others just plain fake...

14 weeks is about average I had some go 18 weeks , some 11 weeks
That's more than likely due to the other African genetics present
and the Terroir it came from
The real Durban poison have small , really small , tight lime green nugs
With slight mint (some call it pine) , spicey , aniseed like with hints of eucalyptus mild clove ....burnt ...earth
Ok I Will stop now hahaa getting carried away here
Never had Kali mist myself

Hey my dude, I’m running 3 different DPs from 3 different breeders at the moment, all supposedly the real thing, (trying to recreate the best smoke I’ve ever had). In your educated opinion, is the mint-anise pheno a telltale sign I’m getting warmer to the famed Durban Poison of old?

Rastafarout

Hey my dude, I’m running 3 different DPs from 3 different breeders at the moment, all supposedly the real thing, (trying to recreate the best smoke I’ve ever had). In your educated opinion, is the mint-anise pheno a telltale sign I’m getting warmer to the famed Durban Poison of old?

It depends on your smell of sense too, some of my friends say piney sweet liquorice pepper

But there abouts ..

burmese

i keep outdoor carnival/pondo mystic mid august //only for fun// and in mid nowember still in beginning flowering and hard frost comes //50 north// so i keep her indoor ,now revegging
i want only to say that very cold resistant and very superior growing f1 under 12 hour light//+outdoor and cold//

Tangwena

Veteran
Mulange or Mulanje depends if your high and cant remember your spelling like I am now ha ha.
This is a beautiful Malawi grown variety from the mountain area its named after.
Huge stone what we used to call laughing grass.
Where your so fucked up you would even laugh at the cop as he put the cuffs on.

This is 9 weeks into flower the pics show the time line.
10/14 LED 3000k

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi Tangwena,

"...laughing grass..." huh? Have you grown it before? I think I have some seeds that are Mulanje x Hawaiian x Mulanje. Your wonderful description makes me really want to grow some soon. I'm wondering if your report is from your experience long ago, or from recent Mulanje seeds acquired.

It's looking like it's coming along very well.
:tiphat:
ThaiBliss

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Tangwena,

"...laughing grass..." huh? Have you grown it before? I think I have some seeds that are Mulanje x Hawaiian x Mulanje. Your wonderful description makes me really want to grow some soon. I'm wondering if your report is from your experience long ago, or from recent Mulanje seeds acquired.

It's looking like it's coming along very well.
:tiphat:
ThaiBliss
Hi my friend I haven't tried the Mulanje crossed with Hawaiian I would suppose it would depend on what the hawaiian was like.
I have see pics though and it looks the goods for sure.
I have been growing this since 2015 the seeds came from malberry seeds.

This is not as strong as what I had in Malawi but then I grew it so its not possible to be the same as the experts in the mountains.
But it still causes me to see side busting comedy in just about everything I see.
Its the sort of thing you dont use in public as your going to get arrested or assaulted by the guy who's face just morphed into the funniest caricature you have ever seen since the last person you looked at ha ha.
For me its pure bliss I dont give a damn about anything just laughing its a blast good for taking the piss out of your mates as long as your good friends or else your going to get assaulted and you cant fight when your pissing yourself laughing.

Sundog

Mozambiquen poison harvest

Mozambiquen poison harvest

Went 96 days, this is my first time with this strain so I'll have to test out the best harvest times.

Attachments

• IMG_3516.jpg
    IMG_3516.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3507.jpg
    IMG_3507.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3506.jpg
    IMG_3506.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3503.jpg
    IMG_3503.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 30

Sundog

Mozambiquen poison COB

Mozambiquen poison COB

Took around 35 grams of bottom buds to do a test run on my first COB. It's on top of my led light sweating at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_3517.jpg
    IMG_3517.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3518.jpg
    IMG_3518.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3520.jpg
    IMG_3520.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3523.jpg
    IMG_3523.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3524.jpg
    IMG_3524.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 28

Tangwena

Veteran
Took around 35 grams of bottom buds to do a test run on my first COB. It's on top of my led light sweating at the moment.
That looks great the high should turn out very motivating if you get it right.
I cant wait to see it in a few weeks fingers crossed for a beauty that plant will be pure energy.

Just imagine yourself on the beach in Mozambique sand, coconut trees and drum beats.
Hat sunnies and a spliff in your mouth and an ear to ear grin.

Sundog

Sounds like just were I want to be Tangwena. From the few very small samples I took (one at 10 weeks, the other a few days ago and one today) the effects have a very clear headed and good vibe feeling. Wasn't racy at all. Pressure behind the eyes and forehead. it has a floral sent that reminds me of guardians. Can't wait for the small branch to quick dry so I can smoke a proper joint.

Tangwena

Veteran
Sounds like just were I want to be Tangwena. From the few very small samples I took (one at 10 weeks, the other a few days ago and one today) the effects have a very clear headed and good vibe feeling. Wasn't racy at all. Pressure behind the eyes and forehead. it has a floral sent that reminds me of guardians. Can't wait for the small branch to quick dry so I can smoke a proper joint.
If you want a quick smoke break a piece off of the cob once it has sweated.
Dry it and it should be good to go. Better than a quick dried green bud anyway.