What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

Sundog

Nice buds forming there man she could end up as thick as your arm.
African strains can really produce the goods if you get the right pheno.

I can see that happening with the number 1 pheno her colas are as long as a baseball bat just not quite as thick YET!

Sundog

@Sundog
they are rootbound...
those wild africans do best in huge pot's ... like 30 liter
i'll noticed that also and they are sensible to N...
also they don't like wet feed.... dry and hot..
so keep it up looking good so far... :)
thx for sharing
M.:tiphat:

Thanks for the tips MadMac, their root bond for sure. I was hoping that smaller pots would help with the flower start time and stretch. They would be beast if they had more room. I try to keep the soil dry,Their getting about two liters every two days and it's bone dry when their feed.

Sundog

So at the moment the room their in is on a 12/12 light cycle. They seem to be flowering fine. What's the general consensus on different light cycles?
Should I keep it as is wait and see or ?

Limeygreen

Veteran
10/14 is always nice imo, 11/13 for less extreme nld or everything, don't use 12/12 as I don't see the point myself.

Sundog

10/14 is always nice imo, 11/13 for less extreme nld or everything, don't use 12/12 as I don't see the point myself.

Was thinking of 11/13 but they seems to be doing fine with 12/12. At least for the moment.

I know people change cycles further into flower to help finish them up. If I was to change the light cycle, I assume I do it slowly, minutes (15) at a time? And what should I expect from the change?

MadMac

far beyond driven...
And what should I expect from the change?
it will speed up the harvest by 2 weeks...
well best with landrace indoor is mimic the light from there origin...
look what light department is @ origin than adapt it to your grow...
same with humidity and watering etc...
sure best is a fade from 12 to 10 hours ... but than you should also fade in out the light everyday and use far red to make it perfect... @ the end little UV and voilla ;-)
it depend how much work you want to put in...
fade is better but 11/13 and last month 10/14 direct works also great...
depend on your style... but it doesn't make sense to use 15 min steps and the other grow parameters are not dialed in ... there will be no benefit...
keep it up
M.:tiphat:

Limeygreen

Veteran
I have no heat control in my area so I just to straight 10/14 on nld, I generally keep them on the drier side because it's easy to add water when needed and prefer to water more frequently with less water. I get large temperature day and night differences, 28 days and as low as 12 degrees nights during deep winter here, drier media helps with the cold, 10/14 helps avoid reflowering but going from cold temperatures to warmer (nights at 12 degrees that then go up to 18 degrees say) will cause reflowering as well.

Tangwena

Veteran
Currently growing Mulanje and Malawi x Ethiopian they have been on 10/14 since first leaves.
I find it works well.

Sundog

She's almost 7 ft tall about a foot past the lights.

Attachments

• IMG_3417.jpg
    IMG_3417.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3418.jpg
    IMG_3418.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 22

Sundog

She's getting some frost to her now. The soil gassed out on me, next time I'll give her some top dressings.

Attachments

• IMG_3425.jpg
    IMG_3425.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3446.jpg
    IMG_3446.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 23

Rastafarout

picture.php

Lesotho landrace i collected the seeds in situ , grown in California by same friend , purpling up , these are from higher altitude

A

AfricanMagic

I can see them now my brotha. Very nice plants. Looks like real African power.