What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

DjKinetics

I don't want to be "that guy" but those seeds of africa strains seem to all be pretty much the same genetics. I live 3 hour drive from durban and 5 hour from Swaziland 8 hours from Lesotho and Transkei, just incase anyone was wondering.

idiit

Veteran
I've run soa Zamal, Mozambique, Durban, Malawi and there is no doubt in my mind they are all different genetic bases. my keeper Malawi pheno was my favorite daily smoke for close to four years. she didn't translate her desired attributes well or she would be my favorite breeder.

I do believe that these are outdoor field collected strains and as such have some genetic pollution. ppl need to run em and find keepers for doing their own in line breeding with. to expect poor farmers in those African areas to do indoor in line breeding and seed production is naive at best.

48N

Thanksgiving for all the replys

Seeds of Africa store isn't working for me as well
And yeah, time to delete the psychedelic library link

I was thinking about purchasing Lesotho, pondo mystic, Malawi gold and mozambica
Lesotho would be especially important to me because of its short flowering time and being a highland strain
Do Lesotho strains have a clear high? How would you describe it?
Are the effects fitting for crosses with the other varieties?
Malawi gold is a legend
Mozambica appeals to me from the pictures seen and few reports
Pondo mystic sounds good as well

DjKinetics

I personally wouldn't buy more then 1 of there SA strains which seems to be 70% of what they offer. 1 would be enough to satisfy any curiosity of our strains imo. The majority of bag weed either comes from Lesotho and Swaziland,some from eastern Cape and kwazulu natal (where Durban is located). They all head highs with abit of body in my reckoning.
SA being one of the largest exporters of cannabis world wide,large scale farmers are far from 'poor'.

48N

I personally wouldn't buy more then 1 of there SA strains which seems to be 70% of what they offer. 1 would be enough to satisfy any curiosity of our strains imo. The majority of bag weed either comes from Lesotho and Swaziland,some from eastern Cape and kwazulu natal (where Durban is located). They all head highs with abit of body in my reckoning.
SA being one of the largest exporters of cannabis world wide,large scale farmers are far from 'poor'.

Ok thanks for your insight
which one is less influenced by western genetics? Pondo or Lesotho? And which one has a shorter flowering time? It says the Pondo strain comes from a mountain but Lesotho is at a higher elevation than pondoland right?

W

Water-

Its highly unlikely that the SAO strains originate where they are labeled as coming from.

Its most likely that they came collected from fields in SA or Swazi and where marketed as being from different african locations.

48N

Its highly unlikely that the SAO strains originate where they are labeled as coming from.

Its most likely that they came collected from fields in SA or Swazi and where marketed as being from different african locations.

Hmmm too bad
Is there any way to get unhybrised southern African highland seeds?
I was really hoping the Lesotho being one of the strains to help me acclimatise several other African strains to my latitude

I guess i have to settle for only the tropical
Seeds company strains, ciskei being a short flowering mountain strain, and using this one for Adaption of other longer flowering more tropical African strains

Last edited:
Hmmm too bad
I was really hoping the Lesotho being one of the strains to help me acclimatise several other African strains to my latitude

Seeds company strains, ciskei being a short flowering mountain strain, and using this one for Adaption of other longer flowering more tropical African strains
re

DjKinetics

Hmmm too bad

Ok so it looks like i am "that guy" haha
but Ciskei , Bushmans , Transkei ,1 in the same.

Tangwena

Veteran
My Mulanji Gold from years back I got from Holy Smoke Seeds back in 2012.
I have been growing this on and off for years but I never had one turn this Purple due to the cold nights before.
This one was left outside to fend for itself while I was away for a month. The burnt leaves are from wind burn we had a few cold nights and gales while I was away.

danlilker

Hola Alfred, estoy buscando semillas de plantas autoctonas originarias de los lugares de apartenencia. me podrias ayudar a conseguir algo? Me gustaria as semillas de angola rola!
gracias
saludo
Dan

OregonBorn

Nigerian labeling scheme?

W

Water-

Nigerian labeling scheme?

a couple of spanish guys who moved to south africa and started a seed company if I remember the article correctly. I recall being left with the impression that they most likely collected the seeds in SA, where it is very easy to do as opposed to the risk involved in traveling around Africa searching out seeds.

if they are good than to me it doesnt matter where they are from in africa, since according to phylos most african herb is very closely related anyway.

Latest posts

Latest posts