What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
vermontman is posting very high satisfaction with his marlbery mulanje grow. mulajne is a Malawi strain.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36181&page=702

Here are some Mulanje hybrids.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Jesus og x Mulanje landrace by Mohican
Tested by me...

Pack hunt smoke report
Out of 5 plants I got 4 girls and 1 boy.
The male was culled immediately and one of the females didnt make it due to a few pests.

The remaining 3 plants and the lost female all had a common hazey sweetness to them with a berry fruity background. Slightly minty but still hazey, kinda like fresh dill when its first chopped in the foreground.

picture.php

This was the most Mulanje leaning of the pack. The height and branching structure made it stand out early, but the tell tale trait was the foxtailing bud structure. It was the most spicy and most uplifting in effect. This was my wake and bake with some coffee.

picture.php

This was the one I called my coffee stinker. I could smell coffee on the stem rub in veg. In flowering it starts to get really sweet like a berry bouquet. The hazeyness is still there but the berry is more powerful. The taste is very sweet and the effects are a little less electric.

picture.php

This one was the fastest flowering and the most resinous of the pack. Decided to keep this one.
The smell is the same hazey fruitiness but without the spicy or coffee undertones. This one has a hashish undertone that I suspect comes from the densely packed trich heads on the buds.

Realistically I suck at smoke reports and I need to get this lady all the way dialed in but I wanted to share my findings and post my experience with African varieties.

Topace

I sprayed a few of my flowering plants (6 weeks) pyrethrum based domestic insecticide and the next day most my white hairs turned brownish.
Will they recover or did I just drop the ball on these ones? Help.

idiit

Veteran
I sprayed a few of my flowering plants (6 weeks) pyrethrum based domestic insecticide and the next day most my white hairs turned brownish.
Will they recover or did I just drop the ball on these ones? Help

I use pyrethrum based domestic insecticide and they recover. can't guarantee for you.

idiit

Veteran
shishkaboy, big thumbs up. Jesus og x Mulanje landrace by Mohican.

indoor run? looks like they might be od grown, can't tell.

I ran some mulanje/white lotus ( 'the white' dom out of wl) . they were very hardy in a very overcast, rainy flowering season outdoor. the smell was exceptional. good potency and high. but they did not even come close to how nice your mulanje/jesus og looks.

jack the ripper ( jesus og parent) does great outdoors including bag appeal, but in my run it lacked strong potency ( was medium potency).

that cross is very impressive. none of the jesus og pics. I saw even come close to how nice yours look.

nice run. imo from what I've seen posted if that's an outdoor run I give it a "friggin awesome".

if it's an indoor run it's still top tier imo. bag appeal is so important in commercial offerings.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
shishkaboy, big thumbs up. Jesus og x Mulanje landrace by Mohican.

indoor run? looks like they might be od grown, can't tell.

I ran some mulanje/white lotus ( 'the white' dom out of wl) . they were very hardy in a very overcast, rainy flowering season outdoor. the smell was exceptional. good potency and high. but they did not even come close to how nice your mulanje/jesus og looks.

jack the ripper ( jesus og parent) does great outdoors including bag appeal, but in my run it lacked strong potency ( was medium potency).

that cross is very impressive. none of the jesus og pics. I saw even come close to how nice yours look.

nice run. imo from what I've seen posted if that's an outdoor run I give it a "friggin awesome".

if it's an indoor run it's still top tier imo. bag appeal is so important in commercial offerings.

Wow!!!:woohoo:
Thanks for the nice words.:tiphat:
It always feels good to hear that someone else considers your stuff top shelf.

About the cross, I would have to say that out of the 4 females I had, any one of them could have been a keeper for different reasons. One was super racy, one was super terpy, one was super dense, but I went with the super fast one.

I am an indoor perpetual grower and my conditions were way less than optimal during that run, yet I was still able to pull out some pretty terpy and "electric" hazes without many issues.

Thanks again everyone for the welcoming vibes.
picture.php

Topace

Anybody knows why these leaves are doing that? It's been extremely hot the last 3 days (28°C) or is it a nutrient problem using a 18-46 d.a.p fertilizer. Plant is 3 weeks into flowering.

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Probably to much fertiliz bro or a misplaced insecticide spray, but the hot is not a problem if the plant is well watered! ;)
And i would say maybe a bit fragile mutant? Bonne suite!

OPO

Topace:-Hi,-I learned that especial Landraces(Sativas more as Indicas) prefer only a little bit organic Nutridents,-not so much as the most Hybrides.
.....and this will kill the taste,terpenes and the potency ;)
-good luck-

OPO

Hi there :tiphat:
My favorite Sativa till now was the Ciskei (-it was onw selection from a young breeder/gift)
from Tropical Seed Company,-so it was a F6.
It grows like a mostly indica,but it s a pure Sativa.
-Ciskei aka Bushmans is very easy to grow,finish at FD 60-66 and is very yummy :woohoo: ;) and the high is very funny + antidepressiv,-when somke more than funny -trippy without paranoia or other bad things in this secial high it makes:biggrin:
The yield is better as some hybrides and the potency is realy good,-realy nothing is bad at this genetic,-thats why this is my favorite Sativa.
-The next pure Sativa I whanna try (-for a breed with selection) is the Malawi-Gold from Seeds of Africa ( SOA),-but only use for different hybrides with Deep-Chunk,Sudden Flower(Earth-Seeds=Outdoor-Superauto) Pollen and a own Uzebkian Hashplant cultivat :
led-B.O-G 001.jpg
:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts