What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

idiit

Veteran
vermontman is posting very high satisfaction with his marlbery mulanje grow. mulajne is a Malawi strain.

The Mulanje is possibly one of the most potent Sativas I have enjoyed. One buddy of mine says it is almost to strong. But overall very heady, upbeat, happy all around amazing. Bud density is also terrific and another buddy says best herb he ever smelled and strongest he smoked but all in a good way.

I was so impressed with Mulanje Gold from Malberry Seeds. I had to run a couple pics here again. Mulanje grew side by side with Malawi from African seed co. But in every manner was far superior to Malawi. Even to rub the stems of seedling plants leaves your fingers sticky. Fortunately I had One male and three females. The mature solid nugs have a ripe fruit scent and the extremely dense smoke has a fruity hashy creamy taste that sticks to your tongue. The high is super powerful up beat. mood and music is enhanced, dancing to that beat and laughter a must.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36181&page=702

numide

Veteran
Durban Poison (Crazy X Seeds) African Seeds

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Zambian TTSCO

picture.php

picture.php

Genghis Kush

great pics and info here on African Buzz, in a post from 2010!

MadMac

far beyond driven...
I predict Malawi genetics (puro and hybrids) will be much more a part of the bud product offerings down the road. the 80/20 rule seems to be making itself apparent; 80% of the buyers are very price conscious.

outdoor grows (includes greenhouse since they are outdoors imo) can be produced at a fraction of indoor grows. this is being affirmed on the price threads.

quality product at dirt cheap prices will take 80% of the market; 80/20 rule.

this is where hardiness comes into play. this is where timing your harvest window for optimal weather conditions in each individual growing environment (geographic location/ date of harvest) will come into play.

timing harvest windows will be achieved by clones, supplements like sea-crop that bring in harvests 'couple weeks early, hybrids with earlier maturing mates, greenhouse deps, pheno selection and subsequent in line breeding ( ace's fast Malawi pheno is just one example).

I've grown ace's and soa's. they are very hardy. last year the only two strains that survived the 20 degree f temps. nov. 15th were Durban poison and Malawi. they both appear to be bug resistant ( no bug spray, no insect bites), rot resistant (no bud mold on entire plants). they are drought resistant from my experiences as well.

Malawi is renowned for potency, quality high effects, hardiness. there are different malawis for different types of highs; afropips speedy, ace narcotic/trippy, soa balanced. all are reputed to be very hardy.

the Malawi hybrid vigor combined with tremendous bud structure are highly desirable attributes as well. :) I've seen Malawi hybrids and seen pics of puro malawis (rustymohican's marlberry Malawi grow) that will flat out amaze even the more experienced growers.

View Image

^ rustymohican marlberry Malawi. 1 plant. :)

ace Malawi and soa Malawi hybrids can beef up bud structure on wispy sativa mates. increases commercial bag appeal and yield. not bad. :)

malawis, baby. :)

superb' information and so true with the ace early malawi... got one and @ 51°lat north europa she startet mid august to flower...
amazing for a pure sativa @ this lat...
M.:tiphat:

idiit

Veteran
^ the ace Malawi has several phenos. most are narcotic complex high effects. some are energetic. it appears from the posts that potency and high effects can dramatically change during the cure time.

I put out some soa Malawi gold clones much earlier this year and some are flowering out pretty strong. last year I could not harvest until 11/15 and they needed another two week under hot sun minimum. looks like i'll get some this year that come in under hot sun and it'll be interesting how they puff.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
I put out some soa Malawi gold clones much earlier this year and some are flowering out pretty strong. last year I could not harvest until 11/15 and they needed another two week under hot sun minimum. looks like i'll get some this year that come in under hot sun and it'll be interesting how they puff.
sound very interesting!
well i'm looking since 25 years for a great outdoor weed....
we found some but the genetics often where crap... not good breeding to much crap phenos sick etc... the last good outdoor i remember was Big Bud begin 2000 but also only for 3-4 years... than we got bad germination, sick plants, totally different phenos and late flower pheno's.... we wasted so much time with this dutch cheese crap...
crap compared to the seeds i got this year...!
So if you can give me a hint for a early girl outdoors beside my Malawi...
Belive me i'm so damn happy that i found ACE and there awesome genetic's... never got a so potent plant than Malawi, never saw a greater plant outdoors as Golden Tiger... to late for my climate but soo pretty.... everyone loves GT here also the wifes from my friends :)
So i found what i was looking for.... early Malawi... but i'm also looking for a great Indica for after Party use... so i have Erdpurt, PCK, Bangi, Nepal Jam etc... planted outdoors and waiting for the results... the Malawi was the first who start flowering! Man i love this Malawi smell!
thx Idit
M.:tiphat:

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Blue green lovin' GK, your Transkei fella reminds me Swaz!
Btw Malawi x Transkei sounds pretty good SA love... Full vibes with your grow!

Genghis Kush

Blue green lovin' GK, your Transkei fella reminds me Swaz!
Btw Malawi x Transkei sounds pretty good SA love... Full vibes with your grow!

Thanks Roms!

Right on! Im loving the blue-green color of the Coffee bay mystery plant. Who knows could actually be Swazi that ended up down there. I remember one of the times I bought some, the guy told me it was Swazi, I thought he was just trying to move the herb, but maybe he was telling the truth. I'm sure people grow Swazi plants in the Transkei.

I actually ended up using it to pollinate a real nice Durban Poison pheno and not the Malawi.

Wish I had hit the Malawi with it also... beautiful plant with that nice lime green color. Going to grow out more Malawi next time to cross with
the Durban X Coffee.

aloha
gk

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Your cross with Durban and the next double with Malawi is a great idea! By hoping the blue dude is stable in the coming weeks, of course intersex is quite common with Afro's gear and it is also recessive even if the parents are stable so have to clean up the following reproductions anyway! :dance013:
About the blue-green vibe it is a really feature of the Swazi rooi (Afropips) that i could cultivate and reproduce. The blue appears after the stretch, here's a picture of two specimens next to Guadeloupe and Kerala.
picture.php

Swazi rooi outdoor :
picture.php

Good luck aloha Geng'

Genghis Kush

you Swazi's are beautiful! very special looking. good job, Rom!
I like those other plants too, especially the Kerala! I would love to grow some pure South Indian.

Here are some pics I took of some Transkei my friend grew this year from one of the seeds that where collected in Coffee bay last year.
Its not very strong , but the effects are nice. Stimulating in small doses and more trippy at higher doses.

the seed on left I found in my friends Transkei and the father is a modern hybrid also collected in Coffee bay,

the two tiger stripped seeds on the right are from the cross of Durban Poison and Transkei (coffee bay).

aloha

Attachments

• CoffeeBay1.jpg
    CoffeeBay1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 24
  • coffeebay5.jpg
    coffeebay5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 23
  • coffeebay2.jpg
    coffeebay2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 23
  • coffeebay3.jpg
    coffeebay3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 21
  • seeds1.jpg
    seeds1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

waveguide

Veteran
anyone heard of an african strain called umu?

i don't recommend looking for it, but if you've heard about it, a message would be appreciated :tiphat:

Topace

Am growing the ethiopian I believe, in 500 ml cups. Heard they take 45-50 days to flower. It's been well over that time for me. The smell is like a citrus lemony flavor.

Topace

Am growing the ethiopian I believe, in 500 ml cups. Heard they take 45-50 days to flower. It's been well over that time for me. The smell is like a citrus lemony flavor.[/QUOTE ] looking like that

Attachments

• Snapchat-8803778582237394276.jpg
    Snapchat-8803778582237394276.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Latest posts