What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

J

jamesb35

durban poison sweet fruity ... old african seeds!!!

pollinated .. it is now ready ...

Attachments

• IMG_4403.JPG
    IMG_4403.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4405.JPG
    IMG_4405.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 29
J

jamesb35

harvest malawi old african seeds!!!!:tiphat:

all pollinated!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4558.jpg
    IMG_4558.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4556.jpg
    IMG_4556.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4554.jpg
    IMG_4554.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4560.jpg
    IMG_4560.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 24
J

jamesb35

malawi...

all pollinated...:laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_4622.jpg
    IMG_4622.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4623.jpg
    IMG_4623.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4626.jpg
    IMG_4626.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4625.jpg
    IMG_4625.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4624.jpg
    IMG_4624.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 24
J

jamesb35

Africans seeds do not sow more for one year ... hahaha:laughing::biggrin:

bye bye friends!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4627.jpg
    IMG_4627.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4628.jpg
    IMG_4628.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4634.jpg
    IMG_4634.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4637.jpg
    IMG_4637.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4640.jpg
    IMG_4640.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 23

idiit

Veteran
I predict Malawi genetics (puro and hybrids) will be much more a part of the bud product offerings down the road. the 80/20 rule seems to be making itself apparent; 80% of the buyers are very price conscious.

outdoor grows (includes greenhouse since they are outdoors imo) can be produced at a fraction of indoor grows. this is being affirmed on the price threads.

quality product at dirt cheap prices will take 80% of the market; 80/20 rule.

this is where hardiness comes into play. this is where timing your harvest window for optimal weather conditions in each individual growing environment (geographic location/ date of harvest) will come into play.

timing harvest windows will be achieved by clones, supplements like sea-crop that bring in harvests 'couple weeks early, hybrids with earlier maturing mates, greenhouse deps, pheno selection and subsequent in line breeding ( ace's fast Malawi pheno is just one example).

I've grown ace's and soa's. they are very hardy. last year the only two strains that survived the 20 degree f temps. nov. 15th were Durban poison and Malawi. they both appear to be bug resistant ( no bug spray, no insect bites), rot resistant (no bud mold on entire plants). they are drought resistant from my experiences as well.

Malawi is renowned for potency, quality high effects, hardiness. there are different malawis for different types of highs; afropips speedy, ace narcotic/trippy, soa balanced. all are reputed to be very hardy.

the Malawi hybrid vigor combined with tremendous bud structure are highly desirable attributes as well. :) I've seen Malawi hybrids and seen pics of puro malawis (rustymohican's marlberry Malawi grow) that will flat out amaze even the more experienced growers.

WOGTrimDay1.png

^ rustymohican marlberry Malawi. 1 plant. :)

ace Malawi and soa Malawi hybrids can beef up bud structure on wispy sativa mates. increases commercial bag appeal and yield. not bad. :)

malawis, baby. :)

cloneX

Why don't the ppl in Africa setup seed banks i'm sure they would make a fortune and cut out the European middle men,and help their local economies?

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Why don't the ppl in Africa setup seed banks i'm sure they would make a fortune and cut out the European middle men,and help their local economies?

Do me a favor and find the original OG....
Because shit gets watered down.
And this is especially true in Africa where nobody can afford to wait 14 weeks for a pure sativa so some Amsterdam genetics are used to shorten flowering time in order to keep up with the demand for exporting cannabis.

If someone set up shop and sold the Africans they can get then we'd be buying African hybrids :moon: not pure Africans.

SpaceJunkOG

..... last year the only two strains that survived the 20 degree f temps. nov. 15th were Durban poison and Malawi. they both appear to be bug resistant ( no bug spray, no insect bites), rot resistant (no bud mold on entire plants). they are drought resistant from my experiences as well.

Malawi is renowned for potency, quality high effects, hardiness. there are different malawis for different types of highs; afropips speedy, ace narcotic/trippy, soa balanced. all are reputed to be very hardy.

the Malawi hybrid vigor combined with tremendous bud structure are highly desirable attributes as well. :) I've seen Malawi hybrids and seen pics of puro malawis (rustymohican's marlberry Malawi grow) that will flat out amaze even the more experienced growers.

ace Malawi and soa Malawi hybrids can beef up bud structure on wispy sativa mates. increases commercial bag appeal and yield. not bad. :)

malawis, baby. :)

that seals it. my next grow i'm popping these packs of SoA Malawi's i got sitting here. idiit - your Malawi reports are very convincing! i wish i had read them before i started with the Swazi's and Mozambiques.

idiit

Veteran
^ i'm just one grower/poster. i'm wanting other reports even if they don't agree so to speak with mine. I can tell you that soa mg is my #1 keeper breeder. I have a real nice clone mom that I run pure and am running hybrids off of as well.

best of luck on your strain runs.