What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

J

jamesb35

@Herbalistic hello ...
even your help would be important to classify these genetic African I want to preserve ....
in some plants the characteristics of the leaves in various stages helped me a lot but for 1-2 varieties are not sure yet ...
African growers have hybridized much between them is not very simple ricoscerle always .

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Sorry if this is not kosher but... I love this thread <3 African Sativas <3

Though I guess the newest revision of nomenclature (sativa now is Indica, etc.) I love Africa Idicas, which is ironic because didn't much of the African genepool trickledown from Indian genetics?

I'm looking into getting some Central and Easter Africans (higher THCV) though ACE is out of Congo standard atm. So I'm thinking about Alice (Queen Mother x Congo).
I hope Ethiopian get re-released this year

J

jamesb35

hello , I fully agree with tea ..
is due to trade that there have been so many years ago among traders of spices , silk , etc ...
going in africa now are so many varieties that were not originally considered native African ..
There are kin Arab , Pakistani ,california, Indian and until the blue mex thai ...
a high example would be the mazar very similar to Swazi gold African phenotype indicates ...
or Bangui and Pakistani..

J

jamesb35

my thay mex african...

Attachments

• IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 24
J

jamesb35

haze african...
definitely is a hybrid made ​​with genetic imported many years ago ...:friends:
the taste is very similar to neville haze pheno ..
:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_2264.jpg
    IMG_2264.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 24
J

jamesb35

genetic seeds african ...
is very similar mazar...

from 150 watt hps...:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_2115.JPG
    IMG_2115.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 28
J

jamesb35

mix of photos of African genetic ...
There are definitely imported plants , hybrids and even some true native now rare ..

Attachments

• IMG_2452.jpg
    IMG_2452.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2571.jpg
    IMG_2571.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2570.jpg
    IMG_2570.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 22
J

jamesb35

lanki or neville haze pheno found in a thai mex imported ...
a rarity ..

some of these plants including this the 'm growing in my current cycle ..

Attachments

• IMG_2572.jpg
    IMG_2572.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 26

idiit

Veteran
looks to me to be a fantastic strain. smoke report on above pictured sinai was grapefruit/chocolate delight terpenes. good potency. rsc says great hardiness in hot/wet and very cold conditions (northern africa landrace). colors were cold induced. rsc reprt on link below is sweeeet.

link

link disabled. u*420 "Sinai Strain" link to google page where it's found: link

J

jamesb35

thanks for the photos.....
I have seeds of various parts of Africa for years that gradually try ...
the problem is that African growers have now very hybridized varieties for commercial purposes and recognize the variety is not very easy ....
I also believe the pure native landraces are now lost ...
evulozione the plant gets its course already naturally let alone with all the steps of seeds that have made the merchants centuries ago .....

J

jamesb35

the evolution of plants , doing her course already naturally let alone with all the steps of seeds that have made the merchants centuries ago .....
sorry for the bad translation

verticalioso

greetings fellow growers.
i have these African ladies growing and am trying to identify the strain.
seeds were collected in Equatorial Guinea.
smell is hard to describe, but the high is very easy to describe: one way trip to the moon, lasting long hours, hurts your face after a while because of the constant smile it causes.
am hoping that one of you have seen these before, but am also secretly hoping you haven't, making it even more special.
thanks in advance.
guinea 1.jpg

guinea 2.jpg

guinea 3.jpg

DSC05290.jpg

DSC05282.jpg

DSC05285.jpg