What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

orechron

Yeah, space tagged me on insta when he posted a pic of it! Don't get me wrong, the odyssey is a great plant, kind of like a 70 chevelle or a cuda. Both are really attractive but there are lamborghini's and bugatti's on the streets now.

What is this Hollow line they make? I haven't ordered from them in maybe 6 months. Also, since rejuvenate isn't available, what are some peoples ideas for alternatives?

milkyjoe

Veteran
It is actually HoloMic and Mac...I was just fooking about. It is the exact same thing as special blend a and b, or NutraLive, all the same.

I would swear there is Rejuvenate in the Accelerate. I am pretty sure I know the smell of molasses. they may have used all their rejuv supply making accelerate

The new stuff is definitely superior. No clay like shit on the leaves after you spray. In fact I pumped some through a hose right onto some bell peppers...can't even see where it is. Chelated by micelle, or maybe that is the wrong wording. The micelle surrounds the ions and slips them past the leaf surface which itself is a phospholipid. I am definitely speculating here so don't hold me to it. But that is kinda how Ca25 worked.

If I am right the same tech is used to make drugs to deliver to specific organs vs the entire system (how toxic do you reckon that shit is). Then an enzyme has to break that micelle apart to deliver the goods. An enzyme from structured water perhaps or maybe an enzyme the plant already contains.

Anyways someone has been busy doing some research. This is a big improvement in my opinion.

And as far as lambos I am addicted to a show called street outlaws. There is an old piece of shit Volkswagon beetle, called the Dung Beetle, which stomps the shit out of Lambos, GTRs, hellcat whatever they are, bad ass Camaros. So don't write me off just yet bro.

Or I could bring the Legend OG myownself. It will be fun no matter what happens.

edit...anybody know about micelles for real? I would love to know how they actually work without doing tons of searching.

maxmurder

Veteran
Also, since rejuvenate isn't available, what are some peoples ideas for alternatives?

feel free to come scrape up what's all over my storage locker floor theres at least a quart there hahahah.:biggrin:

milkyjoe- what's the difference between special a/b and holo mic/mac,
they're both complete 2 part systems right?

Last edited:

milkyjoe

Veteran
20160626_124854.jpg

This squash leaf was sprayed 20 hrs ago. Kinda what I like to see

plantingplants

The micelle surrounds the ions and slips them past the leaf surface which itself is a phospholipid.

These things are tripping me out. So increased absorption through the cuticle because the outward facing heads of the micelles are lipophilic?

I wonder if cyclodextrin could be of use somehow. It also encloses molecules but is not lipophilic. I don't understand how plants interact with sugars, so I'll have to get googling.

Avenger

Veteran
you were talking about micelles and waxy cuticles, so i assumed they added a surfactant and that helped with the foliar residue too.

yucca is just a guess, as it could be any number of surfactants

milkyjoe

Veteran
Maybe. The sea stim in accelerate is not soluble and then there is crab, shrimp and fish and then Mn.

I am not sure yucca would do what I saw. But I am not certain

plantingplants

So they took the ingredients off of the holomac/nutralive. It's seafood protein, rock phosphate, potassium sulfate, calcium carbonate. Just for future reference.

orechron

I saw a little mailer from AEA claiming a better delivery system. I might place an order to try the new stuff but I've been using some new products from a company that uses zwitterions to complex their minerals.

Milky, the accelerate is in stock then and is an updated formula?

Not writing you off just yet, just don't know your competitions palates. Space case is on the #fuckbluedream train so he would probably consider odyssey mersh lol. It delights me that you would consider it worthy, but I'm old fashioned.

milkyjoe

Veteran
He texted me one day something like all these flavors available and you choose to grow blue dream. Yep, I make more money on blue dream than any other strain. The ticket does not go up enough for other stuff to make up for the yield loss. The minute it does I will switch. I did cut them in half this yr but I have to have stupid variety for my guys.

I may go with some south fork seeds next yr. They may bump bd.

I was led to believe for a 1000 sq ft Accelerate is 6 oz Sea Stim, 3 oz Sea Shield and 1.5 oz salute Mn. But when I added those 3 things together it did not smell like molasses, it was rank and left residue.

I would bet it has rejuvenate in it...and maybe yucca...there is no mistaking the smell of molasses compared to sea food critters. You should at least get a gallon and do the when you flip thing on a lights worth of plants just to check for yourself.

They are also suggesting to use it for seed starting, critical points of influence, spider mites. In John's video on the site he suggests it is "complete"

But last year I played with high Mn and a couple of my plants grew full on male branches. Obviously I cannot say that was definitely the Mn but it makes me nervous to overuse this stuff. I was thinking stim and shield w/o the Mn, but now I don't know. Maybe add some rejuv to that when my order shows up and see if it smells the same.

My squash plant seems to love it the most. It is growing crazy fast the last two days.

edit...to be fair I really did get some serious stacking with the Mn last year. Probably a matter of tuning the right amount but it seems to me that depends on how much is in the soil

edit dos...does it take two zwitterions to snatch up one Ca? I am not sure I can figure out how that works

FoothillFarming

I saw a little mailer from AEA claiming a better delivery system. I might place an order to try the new stuff but I've been using some new products from a company that uses zwitterions to complex their minerals.

Milky, the accelerate is in stock then and is an updated formula?

Not writing you off just yet, just don't know your competitions palates. Space case is on the #fuckbluedream train so he would probably consider odyssey mersh lol. It delights me that you would consider it worthy, but I'm old fashioned.

Not sure what product you are talking about, but the Holocal I was told is very close to the exact same product by several people in their company. I heard "Plant Health"in PHT Cal was not accepted in Cali, and that is why they changed.

I ordered a bunch of AEA stuff a couple weeks ago. Hopefully it makes it here (Hawaii) intact.

For you guys using Ferti-Nitro or PPD, how often do you use them? And do you guys foliar Calcium at the same time or a day before or after? I remember some discussion about using them with calcium in the Large Plants thread, but that was probably a couple years ago and I didn't take notes. Also does anybody think Ferti-Nitro or PPD is better? I got some Ferti-Nitro from customhydronutrients along with some JH Biotech calcium, just FYI.

Thank for any input guys and for everybody's contributions. This is one of my favorite canna threads. All sorts of good info here.

Last edited:

orechron

He texted me one day something like all these flavors available and you choose to grow blue dream. Yep, I make more money on blue dream than any other strain. The ticket does not go up enough for other stuff to make up for the yield loss. The minute it does I will switch. I did cut them in half this yr but I have to have stupid variety for my guys.

I actually like really well grown dream. It doesn't twag me out. I'd take other psychedelics if I wanted to get there, most of the time I'm looking to relax.

I may go with some south fork seeds next yr. They may bump bd.

I was led to believe for a 1000 sq ft Accelerate is 6 oz Sea Stim, 3 oz Sea Shield and 1.5 oz salute Mn. But when I added those 3 things together it did not smell like molasses, it was rank and left residue.

I would bet it has rejuvenate in it...and maybe yucca...there is no mistaking the smell of molasses compared to sea food critters. You should at least get a gallon and do the when you flip thing on a lights worth of plants just to check for yourself.

I think I'd still smell rejuvenate if it were 5% of any of their solutions. Very sweet stuff.

They are also suggesting to use it for seed starting, critical points of influence, spider mites. In John's video on the site he suggests it is "complete"

But last year I played with high Mn and a couple of my plants grew full on male branches. Obviously I cannot say that was definitely the Mn but it makes me nervous to overuse this stuff. I was thinking stim and shield w/o the Mn, but now I don't know. Maybe add some rejuv to that when my order shows up and see if it smells the same.

My squash plant seems to love it the most. It is growing crazy fast the last two days.

edit...to be fair I really did get some serious stacking with the Mn last year. Probably a matter of tuning the right amount but it seems to me that depends on how much is in the soil

I'm trying to get it all in the soil but its been a pain with the light media. I think I'm getting close though (see picture below)

edit dos...does it take two zwitterions to snatch up one Ca? I am not sure I can figure out how that works

The chemistry is beyond my understanding. The guy that makes it is pretty vague but he claims their Ca is negatively charged after the process...

Not sure what product you are talking about, but the Holocal I was told is very close to the exact same product by several people in their company. I heard "Plant Health"in PHT Cal was not accepted in Cali, and that is why they changed.

Different company. AEA is using a micelle, the stuff I'm demoing is wrapped in dipolar compounds somehow.

So check this out:
picture.php

About 30-50 par reading this far under the canopy and I'm still able to get flowers to fill tightly. Part of it is genetics I'm sure, but I'll be damned if anything but the leaves go to oil this round.

plantingplants

So forgive me if this has been answered but maybe it's still relevant anyway since they've changed their products, but if you really had to narrow down to one, two, or three foliar products, what is the best? What's really worth it?

Mj, how much more do you yield with bd? Is there really no new crosses that yield as well? I talked to a guy who used to run only bd but switched to a strain called Super Bubba.

Latest posts

Latest posts