What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

Been using the buildasoil cover crop mix with n-dure and bio coat gold after ammending with dolomite, gypsum , steamed bone meal , feathermeal, azomite, glacial and paramagnetic rock, bio char,boric acid , and k,fe,zn,mn, cu sulfate watered in with rejuvenate/pepzyme and biodigester. Might try just cover crop and aea bottles on a few mounds.

Reammendied Keystone bioag is performing better in nov run. Feeding mostly nutra live at 2 -7 ml per gal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 18

milkyjoe

Veteran
I should finish the skeletons today. Then sea shield, rejuvenate, biogenesis and bio coat gold plus try to get winter rye and oats to germinate.

Plus I heard a rumor the bud set formula may be coming out in a single bottle as part of the nutri live line

Some help with my soil results? I am kind of pissed at logan labs. They took forever to get these results to me. Also, I don't know if I agree with the recommendations. You guys take a look, and lets discuss.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Why does it say things like, "Sulfer can, if incorporated." WTF does that mean. I am paying for recommendations, not half thoughts. Also, what's up with the N results.......Once again I am asking for recommendations, not half thoughts.

Keep in mind I can mix new soil into this if needed to lower the phosphorus..... No idea how that got so high after not adding to it at all this season.

Did you speak to Bill on the phone or strictly through email?

Call Bill directly he is a pleasure to talk to. Also be sure and tell him you are growing cannabis so he will make his trace/micro recommendations conservatively.

, I would be concerned with getting that Ca up in the sat paste, and unlocking what looks like mostly ample trace elements.. How did your Zinc get so high but none available in the sat paste? Has Zinc sulfate already been applied?

EG

Too early to talk to bill, but I will call in a little while. So far, you have noticed a good amount of the same info I wondered about. I asked for lbs per 1000sq ft because it's easier for me to calculate. Easy conversion if needed.

I haven't added any zinc except what is in MicroPak.

milkyjoe

Veteran
You are gonna have to spray micros...that high P will tie them up in the soil. Plus use the bud initiation formula as Mn is low

Use spectrum extra to reduce Na

Def follow the gypsum advice. You need to move Mg off the cec sites and replace it with H or Ca...either will lower pH

Focus on biology.

The only bad thing I see is the P, the rest is easy. Do you have green compost in the mix?

Different compost in different mixes. You got mostly Bu's Biodynamic compost in the Garden of Eden mix. You got mostly EWC in the Mesopotamia mix. The liberty mix I think was mostly humus, but I will ask the soil yard I picked up this pre-mixed batch from. Only got 15 yards of the last mix mentioned.

Guess I am picking up more Spectrum Ultra....... Just threw out the last batch....... Anyway, I normally get my micro's from tea's, but now I am worried about what inputs my tea's may be giving. I am using homemade EWC from Diestel compost, and mollasses. That's it. Maybe I should get my homemade EWC tested for high P?

Totally bummed because I have been trying to lower the P for two seasons now with the Garden of Eden mix, and it just climbs...... I am doing something wrong.

milkyjoe

Veteran
How much has it gone up? Same lab?

If you use spectrum extra...2 grams per 1000 sq ft per week...no reason for tea. Give it a little pepzyme from time to time also

I almost think a pro mix like mix, then lab test it, then use compost (sup r green methinks) as a P amendment...maybe some top soil for weight

Avenger

Veteran
What kind of soil is it? https://www.rain.org/global-garden/soil-types-and-testing.htm

or is it an organic potting mix with less than 50% mineral soil as a component? mostly peat/compost?
https://www.uvm.edu/vtvegandberry/2...s/Organic High Tunnel Nutrient Management.pdf

Do you guys usually refer to the mehlich III test for phosphorus?

I think I would stick to the SME(saturated paste) for what most folks use as media, and when you do that, your numbers are not high.

attachment.php

What are logan labs ideal targets for the mehlichIII test? From Michael Asteras thread he posted this lab report which includes a column for the desired level.

Converting your lab numbers so we can compare to M. Astera.
62 (#'s P2O5 per 1000ft2) times 4.35= 282 #'s P2O5/acre

282 times 0.44= 124 #'s P per acre

124/2= 61ppm P?

So that's not high either, no?

but I may be, so double check any math I do for sure.

picture.php

But then I am not really a part of the crowd, so. :tiphat:

Attachments

• SME media guidlines.jpg
    SME media guidlines.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

milkyjoe

Veteran
The chance I am an idiot always exists...especially when you question me.

But one of us is off by a factor of 10. 62 x 43.5 = ?

What kind of soil is it? https://www.rain.org/global-garden/soil-types-and-testing.htm

or is it an organic potting mix with less than 50% mineral soil as a component? mostly peat/compost?
https://www.uvm.edu/vtvegandberry/2...s/Organic High Tunnel Nutrient Management.pdf

Do you guys usually refer to the mehlich III test for phosphorus?

I think I would stick to the SME(saturated paste) for what most folks use as media, and when you do that, your numbers are not high.

View Image

What are logan labs ideal targets for the mehlichIII test? From Michael Asteras thread he posted this lab report which includes a column for the desired level.

Converting your lab numbers so we can compare to M. Astera.
62 (#'s P2O5 per 1000ft2) times 4.35= 282 #'s P2O5/acre

282 times 0.44= 124 #'s P per acre

124/2= 61ppm P?

So that's not high either, no?

but I may be, so double check any math I do for sure.

View Image

But then I am not really a part of the crowd, so. :tiphat:

So the Eden mix is 33% compost, 33% aeration, 33% peat
Mesopotamia mix is 33% top soil, 33% aeration, 33% EWC
Liberty mix was a premaid mix my hydro store sells. Picked up a handful of 2 yard totes to finish off my pots last season. I was told it has both coir, and peat, and the organic input is humus.

Yes, Mehlic III for testing and phosphorus.

Thank you for checking out my tests, and your input.

I talked to Bill yesterday. I had to drive around Cali yesterday vending, sorry to not get back to this sooner. Bill says that my numbers are looking good. He also calmed me down, and prepare for a solid season.

We decided it would be a good idea to add a % of peat to each soil mass. This will help bring down the P a little. He originally didn't recommend any sulfur, because they don't really have good information about sulfur rates in soil-less medium. However when I talked to him, he said to add about 5 lbs per 1000sqft. I have been struggling keeping the PH down also, which is pissing me off. I think I need to start PHing my water, 3000 gallons at a time.......

Can anybody help with with the applications? What is the formula to convert 1000ft2 to yards?

Latest posts

Latest posts