What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

milkyjoe

Veteran
right.. I dont think you can drown plants in properly built soil... unless you have holes lined with clay or it somehow wont drain...

I also still follow tom hills watering advice indoors and out...

So that is 10% every time they dry out enough to take that amount?

Ever try multiple waterings like what epic does...twice a day, smaller amounts?

FatherEarth

Veteran
yea I have. two waterings of 5% of the volume, occasionally more... its as accurate as my techline is I suppose.. .9 gph I generally dont run small pots or beds so watering isnt such a sensitive issue..

jd123

Milky how many gals per day are those getting? You notice the pots drying out much quicker than the holes? Nice plants btw. Big for a 200 gal pot. You don't prune or thin them out?

Seeing my best run of true ogafter following Milky's advice of mostly 3 seas, rejuv and Taino as drench at around 7 ml per gal. Fertigated a small amount of salute mn around flip to help tolerate high k inputs . Thanks for the good advice.

Anybody get white mold in photomag? Luckily it doesn't seem to affect plants.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 18

milkyjoe

Veteran
When the sun comes out I do 10 gal morning and mid to late afternoon. I did not thin them out...I wanted to see if I could get enough energy in them to fill out all the budsites...still a question.

I do some pruning. If a single branch takes off I cut 6-8 inches off it Butte style (miss that guy)

Edit...maybe did not answer the queation. 20 gal a day unless cloudy/rainy.

Yea...far less on holes. But I work hard at getting carbon into the native soil. Maybe 30% less water on the holes.

I am in a desert...so it is case by case. Certain areas pots are the only option cause of salt in the soil. Takes a yr or two of serious work to regenerate soil here

milkyjoe

Veteran
Seeing my best run of true ogafter following Milky's advice of mostly 3 seas, rejuv and Taino as drench at around 7 ml per gal. Fertigated a small amount of salute mn around flip to help tolerate high k inputs . Thanks for the good advice.

Anybody get white mold in photomag? Luckily it doesn't seem to affect plants.

Every single thing aea makes is designed to ehance both microbes and plants. So if any microbe gets in the botrle it will grow.

If you brew kombucha you see the same thing...let it sit and shit starts to grow in it.

We talked with the tainio lab guys...you let pepzyme touch anything and watch what happens. I ain't recommending this to another living soul...but I skip all the probiotic stuff myself by taking a few drops of pepzyme myself a day...with my sea crop

milkyjoe

Veteran
Yea no...the only sugar I am guilty of is a few craft beers. Paleo...really high fat paleo...the rest of the time.

Good point. I do not recommend it to anyone else.

Still at worst a little puking...and that just tells you your diet sucks. The Tainio lab guys know some stuff for real

C

Cep

People ask me what I eat pretty often. Its basically meat and vegetables, no grains, no sugar except when I go to costco and get that bulk bag of cosmos creations then eat half the bag and cry myself to sleep.

Nice back yard Chef! I like the conventional micro 5000, the one with N and P, the organic one just has 15%K, conventional would prob be better for your situation with your low N results.

Got 5 gallons of rejuve and sea stim a few days ago without much swelling on the jugs. Bringo.

furrywall11

How's the shelf life on the AEA stuff...? I kept a bunch of my aea stuff from last year in an outbuilding that doesn't have a door...A couple times I went in there and saw some bottle bloat which I released...think I could still use it? It seems pretty alive and I've noticed that my organic produce seems to go bad faster than the CVS bought stuff.

I think I heard somewhere that Hygrozyme has an unlimited shelf life. I just found a 5 gallon bucket that had been left out in the sun since last year..still good?

reppin2c

Veteran
Milky the other other person I heard drinking sea crop besides you and I was caligabe(rip). You drink the pepzyme too? I could see the benefit. BTW a morning shot of sea crop kinda fucks your taste buds form half the day lol

reppin2c

Veteran
Also plants look good. Still standing in low light. You must be eastern side cuz here on the western slope we're in full flip and happy...cuz 7200 feet and a by October deadline makes me worry a touch

jd123

Its cool to here you guys talk about your diet. My parents think that eggs are bad, red meat is bad, butter will kill you in no time flat... but wheat-thins, wheat bread and oatmeal are great. No matter how many times I explain it, they just cannot wrap their brains around it.

They also think because I grow herb the FEDS are gonna land a helo in my backyard at any moment. Their generation is a weird one, raised to be terrified of uncle sam.

Man I'm starting from scratch next year and getting on the AEA train. Ditching all my old ways. I was looking at the price list today.

Cep hows this year going for you? You running that odyssey again?

People ask me what I eat pretty often. Its basically meat and vegetables, no grains, no sugar except when I go to costco and get that bulk bag of cosmos creations then eat half the bag and cry myself to sleep.

Nice back yard Chef! I like the conventional micro 5000, the one with N and P, the organic one just has 15%K, conventional would prob be better for your situation with your low N results.

Got 5 gallons of rejuve and sea stim a few days ago without much swelling on the jugs. Bringo.

Last edited:
C

Cep

There is so much bad dietary information floating around in this country, not to mention shit regulation. I guess they will be removing trans fats soon, finally. My family is similar, brainwashed midwesterners. I showed grandma my indoor grow a few weeks ago. The look on her face was pricelss.

This year is going great. Broke sod on some new ground and planted into rows like they grow tomatoes. Half Odyssey which is super dense by Oct 1, then a bunch "elites" in other rows. Most importantly, no K saturation over 5-6%, some rows at 3-4.

Also, since aea sells keystone bioag's media, I had a couple recent tests done that I'll post up soon. Not very happy with it. Was going to start my outdoor plants with it but it had 10-11 K% so I cut it with some promix + caclium amendments.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Milky the other other person I heard drinking sea crop besides you and I was caligabe(rip). You drink the pepzyme too? I could see the benefit. BTW a morning shot of sea crop kinda fucks your taste buds form half the day lol

Lol...yea I mix 12 ml crop in a gal of di water and spend all day drinking it. Probably everybody should forget I mentioned pepzyme

Western slope at 5000 ft. Just starting flip. Usually start harvest mod oct

milkyjoe

Veteran
Hey Cep...you doing any foliar K on the 5 and under soils. I just started...scared there is a bunch of energy that needs to be moved around. Ksil and ferti organic soluble kelp

jd123

Probably everybody should forget I mentioned drinking pepzyme...lol Joe I don't know why but that had me bustin up.

Sounds like your doing well Cep. I dug your 2014 album. I remember seeing big plants in one of your pics and I was wondering why the spacing was so close. I figured maybe you didn't have as much room and still wanted plant numbers but it sounds like you prefer planting like that. What benefits have you noticed from it?

milkyjoe

Veteran
The prob with pepzyme is that it will also jack up bad bacteria. It does not judge good vs bad. So if your diet sucks and you have poor gut health pep is gonna be a bad idea. It won't kill you but it might seriously ruin your weekend.

Cep was right about that. A high sugar diet sets you up for leaky gut...sets you up for nasty bacteria...sets you up for hating me if you eat pep.

Hence...forget I mentioned it.

Sea crop though will jack up enzyme activity in you just like a plant. Just dilute it...cause it tastes horrible on its own

maxmurder

Veteran
I got my shipment the other day everything was fine- the pht phos was a little on swole and the sea stim was round as fuck but not blown out. here's what i got:
micropak
sea crop
sea stim
photomag
pht cal
pht phos
pht potassium
pep c

i did a root drench with everything but the pep c in my dep 2 days ago, everything looks fine.
i read back somewhere someone asking about spraying off the residue on the leaves after foliars and it was recommended to leave it on for the biologicals. i'm having a minor problem with cucumber beetles turning a few of my wifi leaves into doilies in the gh but on my girlfriends outdoor blue dreams they are goin nuts- i squish several a day.
will a foliar of the above products make the beetles sick if they munch on em?
i was getting ready to spray with spinosad but don't want to cuz the plants are really stoked and i don't want to slow em down by coating em with any pesticides + yucca.
by the way milky- i just did 2 shots of the pep c and i'm seeing rainbow trails, is that normal?

Latest posts

Latest posts