What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

bamboogardner

Yep. Funny.

quote: Originally posted by Backyard Farmer, Big Plant Thread, post #9109 dated 3-22-14
"Got my photomag , pht phos, rejuvenate, sea crop, stim and shield , spectrum and pepzyme c today...

1000lbs of neem cake tomorrow from ferti organic , already have my dry amendment mix blended up and ready..."

Wow Backyard, 1000lbs of Neem Cake. A Half Ton? Coot calls for ½ cup per cubic foot. You used 1000 pounds last year and you are calling me out on a ½ cup per cubic foot? And you say I’m funny? Such hypocrisy just so you can feel good and act like a big shot to people who do not know better. Get back under your rock and stop the hypocrisy and lies.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I don't think you realize how many square feet I cultivate on my property :)

I think it's funny that a mix I had great success with supposedly ruined your garden but your mix is 369 dollars and you haven't grown one season on it. Best of luck

FatherEarth

Veteran
I will say thanks for sharing Bamboogardener. I too can close the cold case files on some of the mythical claims that have flown out of the ass of BYF. Funny shit. The Obama cut is another he claimed have had royalties in... Ok ok we don't need BYF's soap opera drama to ruin another thread. That said Start your own
"Why BYF deserves the IC ASSclown of the decade award " and you can duke it out over there. I'm sure there are a plethora of things to call him out on and Im sure would be quite the spectacle.

bamboogardner

There goes your Lying, Dishonesty, False Representation, Trade Baiting, Hypocrisy, and the Ilk again. First off I don't have any mix and don't sell soil. I think you have confused me with Coot. Second, the price you mentioned is certainly cheaper that Buildasoil is charging at $700.00 per cubic yard, or KIS Organics Super Soil.

Back under your rock Backyard.

bamboogardner

I will say thanks for sharing Bamboogardener. I too can close the cold case files on some of the mythical claims that have flown out of the ass of BYF. Funny shit. The Obama cut is another he claimed have had royalties in... Ok ok we don't need BYF's soap opera drama to ruin another thread. That said Start your own
"Why BYF deserves the IC ASSclown of the decade award " and you can duke it out over there. I'm sure there are a plethora of things to call him out on and Im sure would be quite the spectacle.

Your completely right Father Earth. Sorry for my rant, but when I am called out, please believe I will be there. I will say no more whatever the clown comes back with.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. My apologies group. Lips are sealed from here on.

FatherEarth

Veteran
No worries BG. If someone throws a punch, by all means protect your neck. we just need an arena for people with problems to duke it out. BYF needs his own forum....

milkyjoe

Veteran
Bamboo...can you show me where jeremy charges that much? He is around 325 near as I remember.

And can you get an no3/nh4 analysis at about a month in. Not picking on the neem meal choice...I have used plenty myself. But when you start measuring you actually learn stuff. Hopefully we can share and move forward. I would prefer a little less drama...but it is what it is. We would all be better off if we were less defensive and just shared facts

bamboogardner

Bamboo...can you show me where jeremy charges that much? He is around 325 near as I remember.

And can you get an no3/nh4 analysis at about a month in. Not picking on the neem meal choice...I have used plenty myself. But when you start measuring you actually learn stuff. Hopefully we can share and move forward. I would prefer a little less drama...but it is what it is. We would all be better off if we were less defensive and just shared facts

Sure Joe, and I agree, lets move forward. Nothing more I cherish is to be able to ask a friend questions and get an answer that assists in my goal and the goal of the group. You and I are good. Now On Jeremy's page, click on Products. From there click on Artisan Soil, Hand Made Per Order. Click on that and change the quantity to 1 cubic yard. The price will change to $700 without shipping. Seemed high to me and most of the yard's I talked to are $350 and up. Certainly is expensive but I priced out all the goodies and it was not much cheaper plus with purchasing the goodies, you have to mix it yourself. A monumental task. So Hope that is the right price for I definitely do not like to disseminate improper information.

The biggest problem with using soil tests and not factoring our less dense soil into the labs results, is that you'll be over amending micros big time.

Most of the tested elements are recomended based on TCEC and rates of other elements, however with micros there is a limit on ppm as to avoid toxicity.

C

Cep

The biggest problem with using soil tests and not factoring our less dense soil into the labs results, is that you'll be over amending micros big time.

Most of the tested elements are recomended based on TCEC and rates of other elements, however with micros there is a limit on ppm as to avoid toxicity.

^^^This^^^

I just worked out a peat/castings/char mix that has good albrecht ratios but is low in some micros. I applied 1/10 the amount of solubor that the calcutions recommended and still burnt plants. Be careful guys.

milkyjoe

Veteran
So if your soil weighs 1/4 of field soil and logan says you have 1 ppm B...actually you are already at 4 ppm. Right at the top of the range. Cu is another one to be really careful of

odkin

I could be wrong, but don't recall seeing an update on the Biological Advantage line from AEA [may have the name incorrect] that was specific to cannabis. Does anyone know where these products are at, or if they are ever coming to market?

C

Cep

So if your soil weighs 1/4 of field soil and logan says you have 1 ppm B...actually you are already at 4 ppm. Right at the top of the range. Cu is another one to be really careful of

Yeah I was at .5ppm. This soil was my attempt to find a cheaper local alternative to keystone which had 2.5ppm B (or 10 like you say). My mix weighs a little less. I just think the sudden influx of any given micro into the soil solution is risky.