What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

jidoka

No where in the pro mix article did I see spectrum over logan. Pretty fucking clear. Actual evidence would convince me, your opinion...not so much

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jidoka,

You all can use any lab you want. It is pretty clear that from your results, that you don't guide your fertilization on the basis of analysis anyways.

The idea that the density is screwing up the results is your opinion. Science says otherwise. If what you are thinking is true, that the density of your soil is giving you bad calculations, what is the implication? You are going to put on more fertilizer then? Really?

jidoka

I have been using Logan for all these years without density info. I don't see how you think that is the issue at all. The issue is which lab is more accurate using their own techniques. I see two wildly different sets of numbers...which is correct, I got no clue.

And if by fertilizer you mean I am going to apply more P and Ca then you are correct...I am.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been using Logan for all these years without density info. I don't see how you think that is the issue at all. The issue is which lab is more accurate using their own techniques. I see two wildly different sets of numbers...which is correct, I got no clue.

And if by fertilizer you mean I am going to apply more P and Ca then you are correct...I am.

Have you ever actually asked Logan about their procedure? To my understanding they measure with a scoop as well. LMAO.

jidoka

So no fizz from muratic.

Another interesting thing happened though. The calcined DE I am using for drainage sucked the water out of the acid resulting in a nice little cloud of anhydrous hcl. I was happy to be outside at that moment.

reppin2c

Veteran
Hella huge dabs that would kill mortals, shifts the earth's center of gravity lmao.

I was trying to do the math on those spectrum vs logan and after a bit I said fuck this. Might be leavin something on the table, might not. Having a stack of logan results and improving every time is a good place to be. Switch and not improve would be tragic

On adding more ferts....hell ya drive some energy

Space Case

Veteran
jidoka's clay mix didn't react at all the the fizz test. Maybe one bubble. BAS fizzed pretty well, and my native soil was like a mentos in a diet coke.

reppin2c

Veteran
Idk I'd that was directed to me or not but that was mostly me poking fun

Is there hydrochloric acid in the bloom? I didn't foliar past 2 weeks in any of my last dep runs. I think they where using muratic for soil to see if it had carbonates or something.