What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anything I can do with zinc sulfate?

Never done it on cannabis, but on lots of other crops, yes, zinc sulfate at 3 to 5 lbs/100 gallons of water.

What is the pH of your water?

Do you have any citric acid?

Do you have a pH meter?

A good amino acid combined with it would help uptake as would a good seaweed (other amino acids)...

Be careful to screen/filter it good.

How are into flowering are you?

That concentration seems way high but I'm the noob here.

I pH my water to 6.5-6.8 with KOH.

No citric here. Yes I have a meter. Also fish hydrolysate for aminos.

Some look like theyre almost done while some are a few weeks in. Two of my heaven mountains I could tell could use a Zn boost. Leadsled told me to water in 13.8 grams zinc per yard which I did but that was in May. I understand Zn could go toxic if overshot. There's also a very small amount of Zn in the nutrients I'm feeding them.

Ideas? I was thinking watering in a very small amount but don't know how to calculate/estimate that.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That concentration seems way high but I'm the noob here.

I pH my water to 6.5-6.8 with KOH.

No citric here. Yes I have a meter. Also fish hydrolysate for aminos.

Some look like theyre almost done while some are a few weeks in. Two of my heaven mountains I could tell could use a Zn boost. Leadsled told me to water in 13.8 grams zinc per yard which I did but that was in May. I understand Zn could go toxic if overshot. There's also a very small amount of Zn in the nutrients I'm feeding them.

Ideas? I was thinking watering in a very small amount but don't know how to calculate/estimate that.

Sent you a PM.

The dog is a great plant and a even better breeder.

Got dog X chemdog X chemdog done now going to make dog bc1 using a male from that Maximus X Chemdog cross.

Popped 200 seeds to select the max female. It's got a huge frame and still keeps the wcd bud type.

Will do another 200 seed pop to select a male for the DOG back cross 1. Which when made will be DOG X (DOG/Chemdog X Chemdog).

Also going to make some dog X legend X cherry pie for fun.

jidoka

It is a beautful plant to grow. Not exactly a fan of couchlock meownself. But the big majority of my customers are

Myrcene is the terpene that synergizes with THC to give that couch lock effect. If you do a terpene analysis on DOG it has a LOT of myrcene , I have seen it up to 2% in just that one alone.

You like stuff high in a-Limonene , a-pinene , and b-caryophellene (south fork kush) but I haven't met any one that doesn't like that real Cali kush yet

plantingplants

're:terpenes, is scent predictable based on flower terpene profiles or do terps influence each other in subtle ways to create new synergistic smells that defy expectations?

In trying to understand LSD this dude tried to create analogues that had the same receptor activity as LSD, but found no effects from those analogues (that research is where the nBOME series arose from).

Terpenes in different combinations and concentrations paired with psychoactive a gives the effect , all plants have THC or cbd but the terpenes are different that's what gives the effect

plantingplants

I'm wondering if the overall scent, the main notes, are predictable from just looking at the terpene analysis, or if terpenes can interact in strange and interesting, unpredictable ways to create synergistic new smells.

For ex, can you look at a terpene analysis and say 'that is going to have fuel notes'.

I'm also curious how terps blend. Can you create a cannabis scent from combining raw synthetic terps?

Yes you can look at terpene profiles and say that because of you spend some time on a site like Sc labs looking at like sour , chemdog , and og results from different growers you'll notice similar combinations for those strains same with citrus or hazy strains too

oct

I've been growing for a decent length of time, but I don't know what "gas" or "fuel" smell is. I've grown all different strains. What strain has a pungent gas smell?

I don't smoke. There's always so much lingo in the weed world sometimes I can't keep up. I grow a shit load of blue dream. I'm boring....and I like $.

J

Johnny Redthumb

I grew nothing but ECSD and Chem4 for a long time. Also various OGs have stuck around. I love the "fuel" or "gas" and I am a big proponent of "Fuck Blue Dream", haha. But I like money too...

That said, its an arguement of nature versus nurture. Certain genetics are programmed to produce a certain set of terpenes and flavanoids. However, environmental conditions and various stressors can certainly bring about differing genetic expressions from the same DNA. Sometime the best OG smoke comes from plants that were stressed a bit (not too much, and hopefully not fungi). The same plant can have slightly different tastes and highs based on being grown indoors, outdoors, hydro, soil, etc. We all know where I'm going here.

Not much science to back it up, but I recall Dj Short's book about the more complex "higher" oils in the plant that only develop later in flowering and wont fully develop given any major setbacks in plant health, which I can certainly verify with my own first hand experience.

orechron

Myrcene is the terpene that synergizes with THC to give that couch lock effect. If you do a terpene analysis on DOG it has a LOT of myrcene , I have seen it up to 2% in just that one alone.

You like stuff high in a-Limonene , a-pinene , and b-caryophellene (south fork kush) but I haven't met any one that doesn't like that real Cali kush yet

Odyssey has a ton of myrcene. I can't remember the percentage but it was surprising.

I remember reading about Subsoil dogging on og kush, saying that he went through cali, smoked a bunch of cuts and found them all to be bland except the hells angel cut. What a clown.

GWillis

Hey all
Mad respect to you guys and sorry to interrupt the current topic. Ive been stalking threads and learning and following some of you for some time now. I am a newbie to the large outdoor game and to true plant physiology in general but when I am not in the field or with my family I am trying to learn as much as I can. Got a coot soil from BAS didn't get a test before I planted.. newbie mistake. I wish I would have balanced it more. Here are 3 recent tests and my irrigation water test. I run all bodhi seeds everything is all over the place in terms of timing/size...The 3 tests are 3 different pots with the same soil and the same everything other then genetics. Because the whole pot (400 and 600 gallon) are root bound at this point i was only able to sample the surface ~2 inches deep and then the very outer edge of the pot at 6 inches. It seems that the soils are mostly the same with some outliers, such as the the huge amount of P in B12, which I’m guessing must have come from a high P guano top dress that was mistakenly partially included in the sample. What I can see is that my sulphur is quite high? with the exception of B12 (outlier?) and I am deficient in all my micros? What else is wrong? I have been foiler feeding albion calcium and multi mineral routinely as well as Photomag accelerate sea stem sea shield pepzyme. Any late season input advice is much appreciated.. thanks so much y'all are badasses.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

FoothillFarming

There is a reason coots mix kicks ass. You just posted the numbers, and the plant to prove it. Nice job.

Get the Mn and Cu up, Boron is low but adequate IMO. Zn is low also...... BTW, your P looks low to me. How are you seeing high? Should be equal with K, right? Edit: Never mind, you were talking about test #2 only.

Lets here what others have to say.

Latest posts

Latest posts