What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

jidoka

You have plenty of K, plenty of base cations total, maybe short on Ca. Ca and anions, probably P.

In this case your problem is too much K compared to Ca...the plant has taken up K instead of Ca and you probably have high nitrate with that. You could spray some pht P and Mo.

maxmurder

Veteran
You have plenty of K, plenty of base cations total, maybe short on Ca. Ca and anions, probably P.

In this case your problem is too much K compared to Ca...the plant has taken up K instead of Ca and you probably have high nitrate with that. You could spray some pht P and Mo.

when i was plucking leaves today for sap i saw where the wind that was shitwhipping my plants a few days ago broke 1 big fan leaf in the white lime kush plant and caught botrytis at the node on the main stem, i already have rooted clones from each full term seed plant but i did want all of this plant for smoke, supposed to be special.:)
i have pht p and Mo and 4.95 gallons of albion ca....

plantingplants

Max could you describe your modified vice grips? I've just been squashing a ball of leaves between normal pliers but I don't consistently get enough sap and it takes too much effort.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last edited:

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
here are some modified vice grips
http://www.pikeagri.com/component/virtuemart/plant-testing-meters/sap-sampling-presses/modified-vise-grips-10-inch-detail?Itemid=0
http://www.themeterman.com.au/meters_other.php
I'm using a garlic press with tin foil in 3/4 of it to help direct the sap. It works but not very good. I was thinking of upgrading to the vice grips but the clay extruder that slownickel uses looks interesting.

The extruder works great.... been using it for a couple of years now. Super easy....

maxmurder

Veteran
Max could you describe your modified vice grips? I've just been squashing a ball of leaves between normal pliers but I don't consistently get enough sap and it takes too much effort.

i got the ones from pike that calisun has the link for.
kinda spendy but you'll only buy em once.
i broke the garlic press within minutes hahahah.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got the ones from pike that calisun has the link for.
kinda spendy but you'll only buy em once.
i broke the garlic press within minutes hahahah.

I have the real expensive one from Pike! The one with the hydraulic jack! haha Still sitting around here somewhere...

maxmurder

Veteran

thanks for the reply.
i guess what i was asking for was a mix of products that i could foliar that would actually kill the botrytis spore or make it uninhabitable.
i could have sworn milky wrote somewhere back a year or two ago that he was expecting rain and was going to foliar aea to prevent mold...
maybe it was someone else, shit maybe i dreamt it hahahha.

my first dep run this year in the gh i had no botrytis, pm or any pest pressure,ZERO all the way thru and my sap was near perfect so i know it can be done. i wish i could find someone to help with the daily chores with my in's cuz that's my bread and butter and when i let shit go or slap bandaids on em so i can focus on gh/od i always lose more time and money.

i started reading this thread a couple years ago cuz i was so fucking frustrated with botrytis, pm, mites etc and kempf blew my fucking mind saying if you keep your plants healthy enough- brix, sap pH Ca etc the pests don't even see your plants and pm and mold spores can't penetrate the plant to take root.

i can't believe how much i've learned from a dozen or so farmers on this thread the last couple years, game changing for sure. thanks for sharing info and keeping this thread alive.:thank you:

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the reply.

i started reading this thread a couple years ago cuz i was so fucking frustrated with botrytis, pm, mites etc and kempf blew my fucking mind saying if you keep your plants healthy enough- brix, sap pH Ca etc the pests don't even see your plants and pm and mold spores can't penetrate the plant to take root.

i can't believe how much i've learned from a dozen or so farmers on this thread the last couple years, game changing for sure. thanks for sharing info and keeping this thread alive.:thank you:

Max,

Send in a soil sample and figure out where you are.

Foliar Ca, Mn and Cu in a good chelate from Albion or Baicor might help a lot. Surely AEA has some similar products which these guys can tell you about. I have no experience with the AEA line.

maxmurder

Veteran
Max,

Send in a soil sample and figure out where you are.

Foliar Ca, Mn and Cu in a good chelate from Albion or Baicor might help a lot. Surely AEA has some similar products which these guys can tell you about. I have no experience with the AEA line.

thanks for the reply.
my gh media was sent to logan and then
amended from lead's recommendations.
the od was just 12 kiddie pools with bagged soil plus ewc and malibu compost no soil test. i'll send one in to your favorite place, please post website info, ask for the 30 minute shake, (first time i read this i thought it was something totally different, dirty mind).
my mold problems aren't in gh just od kiddie pools.

maxmurder

Veteran
i only saw an s-2 package is that what you meant?
i called the 800# a couple times but it's not going thru.
yes i cut drainage holes in kiddie pools .

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i only saw an s-2 package is that what you meant?
i called the 800# a couple times but it's not going thru.
yes i cut drainage holes in kiddie pools .

The K-2 package was the idea of the lab... Kraidy... how funny no?

This way they know what I want run and at the same time they add the 30 min shake time to the M3, [email protected], Al, Na and nitrogens, plus they post the sample to my folder so I can download it in excel.

Too many stoneys were sending in their sample and not asking for 30 minute shake times, no Na, no Al and just getting the S-2....

So now, we have the K-2.... haha BTW, the cost is the same as if you asked for all those things separately.

jidoka

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts