What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_9885.jpeg
IMG_0012.jpeg
IMG_9930.jpeg
My old trimmer lady just sent me a picture of her new dog and it’s something I’ve never seen before. I’m waiting to hear back with the breed actually is.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:violin:last sunday shift today...unless business picks up drastically i'm assuming,,,pretty slow today...until someone bought a pallet of happy frog...picking it up tomorrow...
got a compost tea bag and some terp tea,gonna start with that once a week...and insect frass for top dress

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...another day at the frog factory...today we'll need to move 2 pallets of soil onto the porch,and load the one that got sold yesterday...and it's still friggin hot,fall can't get here soon enough for me...
looking forward to fall,almost time to get the living soil run going...it would be a big investment to convert even half the main flower room to soil beds,but that means less pot washing and less medium to haul...
best get moving,plants to water before i head to work...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: tomorrow i need to remember to grab rapid rooters...days off coming up,and two of those days are garden chore days so lots of cleaning and plant care...and replacing cooler media...nothing like summer roof time!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...it's my friday once again,as usual i'm mostly looking forward to no alarm clock tomorrow...never feel like i sleep enough on work nights...
might even rain today...the mountains got hammered briefly yesterday,but the storm broke up before it got to town...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...lots to do today in the garden...not that much really,just dealing with clones and cleaning,just more than i want to do...and errands to run,need to take a wheel to the bike shop and get it fixed and a grocery run...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant:alrighty,one more garden task to go until later in flower...sticking cuttings...just got new scissors for that,and a fresh bottle of bleach...
got the keepers from last free cooling season's pheno hunt up-potted so they can finally get run again...just in time to start more seeds...not so many this time...maybe 2 packs...and getting the 3x3 tent cleared out for the living soil run...
and got the cooler media swapped out...pretty gross,plugged with calcium build up and algae,i already see it's bringing the temp in the room down pretty quickly...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's like most of the new silly polyhybrids dessert strains,tasty,reasonably potent...but no better or worse than any other modern hybrid...got that bag appeal for sure...

so i've been doing some research or just spec checking really,and it looks like i can fit a 3x3 soil bed in the 3x3 tent so instead of one big plant i'm gonna go for 4 smaller plants,and a variety of strains to really give the whole living soil thing a good test

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
That 3x3 bed in a 3x3 tent is going to suck unless you have access to the back of the tent. If the back flap is zippered, giving room for you to work, it's not an issue.

It can be a real bitch to be on your knees trying to defoliate or even inspect the further plants, or worse, bending over and doing it.

I wish you the best with the LOS grow. BAS 3.0 of mine in 15gals hasn't needed to be reamended even after 3 runs. I do topdress with basic organic amendments, which I'm sure helps with any soil depletion. Spending on a soil test will be in order soon.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That 3x3 bed in a 3x3 tent is going to suck unless you have access to the back of the tent. If the back flap is zippered, giving room for you to work, it's not an issue.

It can be a real bitch to be on your knees trying to defoliate or even inspect the further plants, or worse, bending over and doing it.

I wish you the best with the LOS grow. BAS 3.0 of mine in 15gals hasn't needed to be reamended even after 3 runs. I do topdress with basic organic amendments, which I'm sure helps with any soil depletion. Spending on a soil test will be in order soon.
i'm tall, a 3 foot tent ain't no thing but a hyper chicken wing

Latest posts

Latest posts