What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...off to do laundry after coffee time and watering in veg...not too hot out yet today,decent chance of rain,but they said that yesterday,and no sky water...back to the froggy grind tomorrow,got lucky and missed the deliveries this time...

so the handlebars are a way to convert a mountain bike to something more or less like a drop bar bike without having to buy drop bar levers...and frankly most drop bar brakes sorta suck off road so having proper mountain bike brakes takes a lot of the pucker factor out of riding trails...
IMG_20231228_154334_887.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:toohot: long day of errands...
another outstanding tour stage,tadej is unstoppable this year...wonder if he's going to attempt the triple and do the vuelta as well,,,already won the giro,pretty much wrapped up the tour this year

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...back to the frog mine today,looks like a better chance of rain,but they've been saying that for a couple of days,and no sky water:dunno:
gotta try and knock out more trimming tonight,down to the last couple of plants...and nothing hanging in the drying tent so no trimming next week!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
🌧️ feeling pretty smart...checked the forecast this morning,good chance of rain so i bought a rain poncho along,and sure enough,hit a good rain band on the way home,put it on real quick and only got a little wet instead of soaked...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...forecast says 80% chance of rain today...could be an extra boring sunday at the frog mine...last day of the tour,time trial today,but the race is already pretty much won unless something happens to tadej...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant:alrighty,veg dealt with,time to get ready for the paid reading lounge...i mean work!

i swear the bike part companies are out to get all my money...knog just released a limited edition purple light,and paul components made a batch of barrel adjusters for their klamper brakes and of course the come in purple...now if they would just make the pad adjusters in purple...
getting closer on the purple monkey build though,just one more brake caliper,the wheels,and crank/chainring left to get...still talking about 1500 to complete the build though...

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
🌧️ feeling pretty smart...checked the forecast this morning,good chance of rain so i bought a rain poncho along,and sure enough,hit a good rain band on the way home,put it on real quick and only got a little wet instead of soaked...
You should check for an online merit badge of some sort. Probably some other ponchos in town but to have a rain version, thats some super ⭐️ shit.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Riding around town is serious business. I only did a few years with no car in Athens, Ga and in that short time i was in several accidents because of drivers just not seeing me. Close calls everyday, granted i was not the giant who grew the best weed around. I applaud the car less life just not possible for me, but i do keep a rain coat in my truck.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Riding around town is serious business. I only did a few years with no car in Athens, Ga and in that short time i was in several accidents because of drivers just not seeing me. Close calls everyday, granted i was not the giant who grew the best weed around. I applaud the car less life just not possible for me, but i do keep a rain coat in my truck.
for sure,not everyone has such a free and easy lifestyle that permits a car free life...that said,if you live in an urban area you can certainly include bike trips to the store and the like rather easily...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I miss it for sure, super efficient and lots of time saved with being able to ride up to the door of every where you go. All the little featured ditches and little jumps on a common path was the best. I did still grab some truck tailgates now and then to cheat a hill.
we mostly have big dumb trucks here...you know,the kind that are useless for doing regular truck stuff,only good for hauling the owners tiny tiny penises around

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...got a good bit of rain last night...for here,i suppose a 1/2 inch isn't much to the rest of you,but here it's a decent rain...another day at the frog mine...lots of stuff to move today....