What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
i took my mirror off years ago as it was just causing me to freak out watching cars get waaaay too close and me emergency bunny hopping onto curbs....and missing and dinging rims...
I had been thinking maybe I should get a mirror for when I do ride in traffic so I can see who is about to try to kill me. Now I'm rethinking my logic.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had been thinking maybe I should get a mirror for when I do ride in traffic so I can see who is about to try to kill me. Now I'm rethinking my logic.
i pretty much stick to residential streets and stay off roads with a speed limit over 25mph unless i'm forced to use those roads...even then i try to stick to roads that at least have a marked bike lane...there's only one bike path that wraps around town,but that gets me close to at least half of where i go...and there's the ditch banks as well...
i just try and stay as far to the right as i can and pay attention to what's going on around me and assume i'm invisible to drivers....except at stop lights,i get right in the middle of the lane and track stand then sprint across the intersection as fast as i can...
luckily i rarely have close calls or run ins with cars....really the most dangerous place i ride is the walmart parking lot...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...could be a heavy week...i think three trucks coming to deliver stuff to the shop....fun!
garden chores this morning,best get cracking

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Between work, weed, the occasional wally world trip and bikes you are a busy man. Any chance those 4 legged critters might be out and about. For God's sake Fishy, throw us a bone. We want goats.
no time for goats...sadly...

i haven't had the time,or desire to ride in the heat,since i started working..days off are packed catching up with the garden...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
organ-mountain-wilderness-peaks-sunrise-jack-pumphrey.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
📚
gonna need to go to the bookstore again and grab some more readin material...i usually have at least 3 hours by myself each workday so i'm racing through books like crazy...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers....it's my friday again! and oddly,another hot ass day in the desert...i thought deserts were just dry,not necessarily hot:unsure:
last week of the tour,looks like tadej is going to win it,jonas just not in the same form as years past after the big wreck this spring,broken bones and a punctured lung probably not good before a 2500 mile, 21 day bike race...and tadej is on another level this year...

anyway,really just trimming to try and finish on the days off,and chores as usual...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Fall is just around the corner, we hope. Sitting at 87 deg with the humidity at 80. We're all feeling it.
87 ? i WISH it was just 87 f here. it's been in the 80s a couple of nights recently. no rain lately either. had local "brown-outs because TVA dams were only letting "minimum stream flow" through the gates to keep fish downstream from dying. that minimum doesn't really generate any electricity to speak of. they ARE calling for a chance of rain later this evenng/tomorrow. :good:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
hey ARE calling for a chance of rain later this evenng/tomorrow. :good:

You can have some of ours. We had a crazy rain today. Several rivers have jumped their banks and a couple of highways were flooded.

Even my local park flooded . . .

flooded.jpg

Although this hollow's purpose is an overflow catch basin but in the 26 years we have lived here, it has never been full like this. :oops: