What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...think i caught up on all the sleep i missed having the doggos here...so getting a late start today...good thing i mostly had goofing off with bike stuff for a plan...

so off to the bike shop in a bit after coffee and morning chores...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Went flying today. Holy cow it is windy out there. Came in to land with no flap at increased speed because it was choppy. Dropped 100 feet like instantly. So went from 500 down to 400 feet in like 1 maybe 2 seconds. Good thing I was coming in faster. I have a giant assed runway so lots of room to land. I have seen a C-5 cargo plan take off from that runway.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Operation stud muffin getting closer.

Actually delayed until I can dim these lights which requires either a Spectre controller ($300) or an adapter to communicate with Trolmaster ($200).
Kinda pissed these lights don’t have onboard dimming.

D8EE94C0-4236-432F-BD26-B5EFE5C9E732.jpeg
EDB2C910-25A7-4578-9998-CD78DCE896D6.jpeg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Operation stud muffin getting closer.

Actually delayed until I can dim these lights which requires either a Spectre controller ($300) or an adapter to communicate with Trolmaster ($200).
Kinda pissed these lights don’t have onboard dimming.

If you can find the wires for dimming it's easy to add a Manual dimmer. The ballset should have 0-10v DC wires for that. I tried to find a schematic for their RJ45 pinouts and found nothing. It would be great if all LED brands would include this info. It would be super easy to convert RJ45 to a manual dimmer

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:unsure: man,the day flies by when you sleep until noon...i blame daylight savings time...and global warming

back from the bike shop new backpack and handlebars picked up,time for lunch then washing a bike and hopefully swapping the new tires on...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
If you can find the wires for dimming it's easy to add a Manual dimmer. The ballset should have 0-10v DC wires for that. I tried to find a schematic for their RJ45 pinouts and found nothing. It would be great if all LED brands would include this info. It would be super easy to convert RJ45 to a manual dimmer
well duh,just smash some bars,instantly dimmer!
I think the splicing is above my skill set.

I’ve actually been thing about disconnecting every other bar for now. That will turn them into some nice veg lights.
Guessing it’ll take a week to get the adapter shipped from California.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the splicing is above my skill set.

I’ve actually been thing about disconnecting every other bar for now. That will turn them into some nice veg lights.
Guessing it’ll take a week to get the adapter shipped from California.
do you have an old gavita controller? that might work

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
If you have a light that has dim control IN and dim control OUT, like some have, it's easy to figure out pinouts by measuring the output rj45 connector, and applying same wiring connection to the input. On some you can also open the box and see where the connectors pins lead to on the driver side. You will find diagrams for the drivers to help.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:rtfo:

:headbange finally got both old tire un-welded from the rim...thank you youtube university! the trick is to put a block of wood right up close to the rim then use the rim to lift until the bead pops free...
one more tire to mount up and get some sealant in and onto the next task

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:rtfo:

:headbange finally got both old tire un-welded from the rim...thank you youtube university! the trick is to put a block of wood right up close to the rim then use the rim to lift until the bead pops free...
one more tire to mount up and get some sealant in and onto the next task
Sounds like redneck ingenuity