What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...actually rained last night...pretty biblical,and entire .07 inches of rain! already up to a staggering .69 inches for the year!
today's plan....was get up early and do some bid-nezz,but that got pushed back and now i'm a little ticked i got up early,but also a good thing since i have a bunch to deal with today if i'm gonna get the next batch of plants into flower tonight...need to get the trays soaking in bleach and hopefully lift the last of the nute stains...already cleaned them with clr which usually does the job...
so some pots to empty and wash,cuts to take,a tent to clean,and stakes to wash

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Supposed to jack back up to 60° in a couple days
75B620FF-58BD-41CC-8430-CBCAE35C4805.png

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:cuss:dangit! i'm working on one of the bikes,need to replace the pads but realized the new set i had was in the toolkit that got stolen...so plan b i guess...i have another brake caliper but that means swapping out the lever as well...

got the pots washed and the trays as good as they'll get,out of bleach and clr...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i recently got chimera 3...sweet baby jeebus it stretches!

looks like most of the nem x mac seed run plant cuts have rooted,just keeping the best rooted and most vigorous of each with an eye also to having multiple nodes so it's quicker to throw more cuts for the keeper(s)...

🚲 alrighty,got the new brake caliper installed,ended up having to replace the cable and housing as well,but it's working now...gonna take a few minutes to clean and lube the chain and wipe the frame down with bike lust...it's cleaner/wax you perverts!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Finished ordering parts for the big dummy. Purple frame with lots of anodized orange parts throughout. And black everything else. Tried to go middle of the road components.

Raceface turbine cranks with 34 tooth oval chairing, shimano 12 speed stx cassette, derailleur and shifter, wheel mfg bottom bracket, cane creek headset, velocity cliffhanger rims and onyx hubs, pnw pedals and stem, velo orange crazy bars, chester grips, trp spyre brakes, hope rotors, brooks c17 saddle and extraterrestrial tires.

No titanium. But I do feel I went overboard now that the money is spent. I should have it ready for pictures after the last of the parts arrive.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finished ordering parts for the big dummy. Purple frame with lots of anodized orange parts throughout. And black everything else. Tried to go middle of the road components.

Raceface turbine cranks with 34 tooth oval chairing, shimano 12 speed stx cassette, derailleur and shifter, wheel mfg bottom bracket, cane creek headset, velocity cliffhanger rims and onyx hubs, pnw pedals and stem, velo orange crazy bars, chester grips, trp spyre brakes, hope rotors, brooks c17 saddle and extraterrestrial tires.

No titanium. But I do feel I went overboard now that the money is spent. I should have it ready for pictures after the last of the parts arrive.
are they the hope floating rotors? and do you mean trp spyke brakes? the sryre are road brakes is why i ask...
and also setting up either spkes or spyres is kinda a pain with hope floating rotors...the trick is to get the caliper body spaced out enough that the rivets that hold the rotor together clear the body of the caliper if that makes sense...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
are they the hope floating rotors? and do you mean trp spyke brakes? the sryre are road brakes is why i ask...
and also setting up either spkes or spyres is kinda a pain with hope floating rotors...the trick is to get the caliper body spaced out enough that the rivets that hold the rotor together clear the body of the caliper if that makes sense...
Now I need to make sure I didn't screw up. Taking a second look I may need to switch.
Yes. Hope floating rotors. It makes sense.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now I need to make sure I didn't screw up. Taking a second look I may need to switch.
Yes. Hope floating rotors. It makes sense.
the newest generation of the hope floating rotors may not suffer from the same rivet rubbing problem,mine are all fairly old at this point...but thousands of miles later still true...and i hope you went with 180mm rotors...
and i highly recommend paul love levers,they make any brake work better,and built to last...worth the money

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Second time up today in the plane. We did rectangle offset boxes and s curves. Didnt get to offsets around a point. Will do that saturday with entry to the landing patterns and some landing if there is enough time. No flying tomorrow because it is suppose to be pretty windy. Stead 20-25 winds with gusts higher.

My wife still has not found out I have been taking flying lessons yet.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...actually rained last night...pretty biblical,and entire .07 inches of rain! already up to a staggering .69 inches for the year!
today's plan....was get up early and do some bid-nezz,but that got pushed back and now i'm a little ticked i got up early,but also a good thing since i have a bunch to deal with today if i'm gonna get the next batch of plants into flower tonight...need to get the trays soaking in bleach and hopefully lift the last of the nute stains...already cleaned them with clr which usually does the job...
so some pots to empty and wash,cuts to take,a tent to clean,and stakes to wash
That is about half what we have gotten here. But we also got 6 inches of snow this year also. Been pretty dry this winter.

Latest posts

Latest posts