What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I suppose driving on my lawn is better than hitting my mail box.

the box next to me was knocked down. It is 2 feet from mine. The one to the right of that has been hit twice.
the two to the left of mine has been hit four times. To the left of those the two have been hit twice. and the one to the left of those has been hit three times.

All during the winter. Mine was run over by a tractor backing off a trailer in the middle of summer when they paved my neighbors drive.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The cars dont tear up the ground because it is frozen. The plow though peels up the lawn and leave it in a big pile.
damn plow driver here filled my driveway up three times in a row pushing snow off of the right side of the road. after i parked my jeep flush with the road, he finally took the hint and shoved it into the median... i hate shoveling snow.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers..yeah,shoveling snow is the worst...i think...can't really remember!
garden chores today,another windy day,not as bad as yesterday,sky isn't brown from blowing dust at least...need to take cuttings today and get the 4x8 tent flipped to flower,running out of free cooling season here...won't be long before it's time to turn the $%##@ swamp coolers back on...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Well the blanket of ice certainly took its toll last night.
FFB0274E-5E3B-4F82-B9FC-6F18C0D49D65.jpeg
A57ADEE6-56BA-4DA4-B782-58CC201F6B59.jpeg

Attachments

• BF5AC40E-5265-4991-A6C4-78A5FEBDEE28.jpeg
    BF5AC40E-5265-4991-A6C4-78A5FEBDEE28.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 36

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I’ve had the furnace go out a couple times needed emergency service and I always tip the technician bountifully they’re very happy
I try to make it a habit of over paying my HVAC. I want him to smile when he gets a text from me after hours.
Helps he lives right down the road a couple miles as well.

And…
I’ll get a proper cover on that outlet as soon as we’re done with the install.
Oh yeah, pretty cool boiler I got, it called a combi boiler and does the radiant heating as well as domestic hot water.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:coffee: better get moving here...as usual i need to make a store run...and a quick run to the bike shop...can't get the front tire on the cross check to hold air so i probably need to retape the rim and get a new valve...which will be a pita as i put a lot of sealant in the tire in hopes of fixing the problem...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant:done in the garden for now,gonna go wash a bike real quick before the sun goes down...might have my leaking tire fixed,sprayed soapy water on the valve and it didn't bubble up...so maybe it just needs to be ridden enough to get the leak clogged with sealant

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
We got a little of that freezing rain up here to tree. Only enough to get a coating on the windows about 1/16-1/8 inch. Mostly got snow. Only about 6 inches of snow though so not to bad.

Piling the snow by the road worked. In fact the plow driver stayed about a foot out onto the road. Had to shovel up the hard pack from the plow when I got home. Only a couple inches though because I shoveled the road.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's miller time...provided miller is growing organic weed...luckily i have some... :watchplant:
garden chores all done,and got the el continente washed and waxed and lubed,just like yer mom on saturday night! and getting the little tweaks to the cross check dealt with...getting the saddle and controls in just the right spot so i'm not constantly skrooching on the saddle...